Buffalo had the hardest path to the Conference Championship, but won't get any credit for it

11 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Is it just slipping everyone's mind that the Colts also beat the #4 seed Titans and #1 seed Packers in consecutive games AFTER the aforementioned Cleveland loss???

Cleveland beat Tennessee too. You also left out where Indianapolis got blown out by Tennessee two weeks later. How about how they gave Jacksonville their only win of the year?

The Packers win is obviously impressive. Well done. Doesn't mean they're a "great" team. Good, solid playoff team. 

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

giphy.gif

So the Bills players are thriving on both not getting the credit they deserve...AND by "getting picked" to win it all by the national media.

I heard also that they are completely pumped with indignation by the tragic and sudden absence of the McRib, while simultaneously being totally amped over the reappearance of Nacho Fries...

That sounds threadworthy.  Jump on that!

Edited by Mr. WEO

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So the Bills players are thriving on both not getting the credit they deserve...AND by "getting picked" to win it all by the national media.

I heard also that they are completely pumped with indignation by the tragic and sudden absence of the McRib, while simultaneously being totally amped over the reappearance of Nacho Fries...

That sounds threadworthy.  Jump on that!

Have you not been following your own contradictory logic?

Direct quotes from you:

I think there is little chance that Bills players are using the perception that they are not being talked about enough going into this game as any kind of motivation whatsoever.

players aren't concerned with something as trivial as this entire subject.

And yet even @Thurman#1 who's on your side with the argument says that Joe B in his podcast has been hearing from players that they are using it as motivation.  Then you try shifting the narrative by clinging to Joe B's vague statement that the national media is actually picking Buffalo win the Super Bowl... which really isn't backed by anything.

So the players are evidently using it as motivation.  And you were wrong.  

2 hours ago, cle23 said:

You said universally considered better yet gave 1 example. Define "universally."

I'll post some links I found later but I'm on a phone right now. Once I have access to a PC I will do that.

What was the word that preceded "universally?"

Go google your power rankings and you might find one here or there that had Cleveland better than Indy.  The vast majority of them had Indy better, though.

I know because I already looked.

Have you not been following your own contradictory logic?

Direct quotes from you:

I think there is little chance that Bills players are using the perception that they are not being talked about enough going into this game as any kind of motivation whatsoever.

players aren't concerned with something as trivial as this entire subject.

And yet even @Thurman#1 who's on your side with the argument says that Joe B in his podcast has been hearing from players that they are using it as motivation.  Then you try shifting the narrative by clinging to Joe B's vague statement that the national media is actually picking Buffalo win the Super Bowl... which really isn't backed by anything.

So the players are evidently using it as motivation.  And you were wrong.  

It was so vague a statement ("Bills thrive on it. They love that feeling") that you decided to re-post it in one of your responses?  And it's not backed by "anything"?----except by Joe B, the same guy who said the players told him they were motivated by "We know you all thought we were gonna lose". !

The contradiction is right there. Everything one way or the other motivates them:  'Put that praise from the "national media" on that "bulletin board" so we can....love/hate it!....or somethin!!'

These guys are just amped to win a championship. They are busy getting ready, not seething over phony "disrespect".

If you think they need (or have) "bulletin board material" motivating them even further, then......you read too much national media.

15 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Go google your power rankings and you might find one here or there that had Cleveland better than Indy.  The vast majority of them had Indy better, though.

"Universally" doesn't need modifiers.  It's like "pregnant"

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

"Universally" doesn't need modifiers.  It's like "pregnant"

Doesn't need it, but when the word "almost" precedes it, the word has been modified.

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It was so vague a statement ("Bills thrive on it. They love that feeling") that you decided to re-post it in one of your responses?  And it's not backed by "anything"?----except by Joe B, the same guy who said the players told him they were motivated by "We know you all thought we were gonna lose". !

The contradiction is right there. Everything one way or the other motivates them:  'Put that praise from the "national media" on that "bulletin board" so we can....love/hate it!....or somethin!!'

These guys are just amped to win a championship. They are busy getting ready, not seething over phony "disrespect".

If you think they need (or have) "bulletin board material" motivating them even further, then......you read too much national media.

"Everything one way or the other motivates them"

So then you're conceding that players are using that national media attention or lack thereof for motivation.

Thank you  :beer:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Doesn't need it, but when the word "almost" precedes it, the word has been modified.

"Everything one way or the other motivates them"

So then you're conceding that players are using that national media attention or lack thereof for motivation.

Thank you  :beer:

They are having some fun with the media, that much was clear (they were laughing about it).  Maybe you think they can actually "give 110%"  when they tell you that as well?  Oh...of course you do.

There's no chance they get together and discuss this as a group before a game and seethe over it.  None.  On the grand scale of all that can and is  motivating this team right now, reporters and talking heads picking a very hot Ravens team over them last week...... is zero.

• Eyeroll 1

38 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So I say "a bunch" and you require 4 sources. You say "almost universally" and think 1 is fine. Makes sense.

• Eyeroll 1

You have to give credit to the defending world champs. When the Bills win another Super Bowl, they'll be the team everyone talks about. Who cares if people choose the Ravens to win? Or the Colts? Or are picking Mahomes? If you were born in Baltimore, you'd be a dumb Ravens fan too, and have a different perspective. If everyone agreed that the Bills would win, no one would watch the game or care. The national media guys are paid to have differing opinions on the talk shows too, so they talk out of their ass about every team. Each of us is better off listening to local media, who actually know whats going on with each team. Then go to the KC radio stations and listen to what they say about their own team. 

About Allen - he is not worth the praise that Mahomes is getting. Not yet. Why? To be the best, you have to beat the best.Mahomes didn't recieve praise his first year - he only started one game, and many thought KC should have chose Watson. Almost everyone thought Watson was the better QB coming out of college. Watson balled, but got injured. Then Mahomes second year he won MVP and the next year he won Super Bowl MVP. So when Allen does that, the media will consider him to be Mahomes primary rival, and guess what? If Allen wins more than Mahomes, Allen will be seen as the #1 QB. Why annoint him before he's due? He's really good - so let the process play out and watch him light the league on fire.

As for the players - the coaches WILL bring up national media and use it to fuel the players. To make the players think they are being disrespected. Even the Patriots did this when they had won 5 Superbowls in the last 15 years. It's the smart thing to do, and many players will fall for it. Wiser players will go along with it too, knowing it helps the team. It just means there are people out there who think you'll fail, and think another team won't. Big shock to everyone, not everyone is a Bills fan.

14 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Did he list all those experts?  ESPN radio this AM was playing clips of a bunch of their talent picking the Bills. Then their wagering guy did a whole slot talking about bith games this weekend and touting tips.  He said he was worried because "everyone" he is talking to "is picking the Bills", wo he wants to go the other way.

Maybe there will be another team meeting where the fellas can switch to being pumped up by all the experts picking them?  lol

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Did he list all those experts?  ESPN radio this AM was playing clips of a bunch of their talent picking the Bills. Then their wagering guy did a whole slot talking about bith games this weekend and touting tips.  He said he was worried because "everyone" he is talking to "is picking the Bills", wo he wants to go the other way.

Maybe there will be another team meeting where the fellas can switch to being pumped up by all the experts picking them?  lol

Bru, stop trying to wiggle out of what you said.

Contrary to what you've been arguing here, the Bills players DO thrive off negative or neglectful media attention.

That's what you've been arguing.

You were wrong.  Just admit it and move on.

What you're now shifting the argument to is whether the media truly is negative or neglectful in its media attention towards the Bills.  Bravo!  You're shifting back to the essence of what I was arguing in the OP after going off on tangents.

And as I stated in the OP... yes... yes I think it is when taken holistically. 

Edited by transplantbillsfan

17 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Bru, stop trying to wiggle out of what you said.

Contrary to what you've been arguing here, the Bills players DO thrive off negative or neglectful media attention.

That's what you've been arguing.

You were wrong.  Just admit it and move on.

What you're now shifting the argument to is whether the media truly is negative or neglectful in its media attention towards the Bills.  Bravo!  You're shifting back to the essence of what I was arguing in the OP after going off on tangents.

And as I stated in the OP... yes... yes I think it is when taken holistically. 

lol come on!  His OC has been voted Asst Coach of the Year, his GM is exec and GM of the year, his QB is most improved and is a serious contender for league MVP.

He's doing the usual script: "no one respects us", when he obviously knows (as do you and I) this isn't true.  He's going along with the usual clichés.  They were laughing about this with Joe B days ago.  It's all BS that there's no chance they are thinking about on the practice field today, in the position rooms or on the trip to KC.  They have so much more to concern themselves with.  They know what plays with the fans so this is the stuff they say, when, especially this year, it's really not true.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

lol come on!  His OC has been voted Asst Coach of the Year, his GM is exec and GM of the year, his QB is most improved and is a serious contender for league MVP.

He's doing the usual script: "no one respects us", when he obviously knows (as do you and I) this isn't true.  He's going along with the usual clichés.  They were laughing about this with Joe B days ago.  It's all BS that there's no chance they are thinking about on the practice field today, in the position rooms or on the trip to KC.  They have so much more to concern themselves with.  They know what plays with the fans so this is the stuff they say, when, especially this year, it's really not true.

giphy.gif

I only hope they are properly fueled by this almost unanimous blatant disrespect to the degree that they can give no less than 110% on Sunday!

Until then, enjoy the show!  When McD is named COTY---well imagined how much THAT will really get them upset!

• Eyeroll 2

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I only hope they are properly fueled by this almost unanimous blatant disrespect to the degree that they can give no less than 110% on Sunday!

Until then, enjoy the show!  When McD is named COTY---well imagined how much THAT will really get them upset!

They are :

https://13wham.com/buffalo-plus/bills-latest-news/jordan-poyer

But hey ignorance is bliss

7 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

They are :

https://13wham.com/buffalo-plus/bills-latest-news/jordan-poyer

But hey ignorance is bliss

Of course they are!

They are playing the SB champs/MVP away at their home in a Conf Championship game (for the first time in 28 years)... yet they are only 3 point dogs (and only +140).  They have taken this blatant national respect and cleverly turned it into disrespect---the rocket fuel of any legit Conf Championship bulletin board!

The obvious danger of all this righteous indignation is that they "look past" the Chiefs to their SB opponent!  I hope it's only "we are onto Kansas City" at this point.  Stay focused and indignant fellas!  We are dependent on it!