Buffalo had the hardest path to the Conference Championship, but won't get any credit for it

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't get where the "they get no credit" narrative comes from. Everyone I watch, read and listen to is giving the Bills a ton of credit and deservedly so. There is that bozzo Nick Wright who likes playing a WWE heel type character but who else isn't giving them credit? 

I guess if you only watch local or bills sponsored media you can have this experience.

Any national media this is not the case. Even NFL network all the talk is about the packers, chiefs, Bucs

20 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Can you post me a link to more than one article/video with people praising the Bills for having the toughest playoff path among the teams remaining?

Why is that important?

Also, it's worth noting that the Bucs lost to the Saints twice this year.  You left that out.  Also, the Colts were the only team the Steelers beat in their stunning (1-5) end of season collapse.  Also, "the Browns" beat the Colts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Can you post me a link to more than one article/video with people praising the Bills for having the toughest playoff path among the teams remaining?

Can I find an article making this one specific point otherwise it proves the Bills don't get any credit? That doesn't make sense. You know that, right? In the last fortnight I have read FMIA, MMQB and The Athletic all write in detail about the fantastic work McDermott and Beane have done and the development leap Josh has made and this playoff run being the culmination of that. I have watched Chris Simms talk in depth about how well they played Saturday. Mooch talked on Sunday about the great coaching job by McDermott and Frazier. We had Brian Baldinger on the UK broadcast saying the Bills were great.... I don't get it. Who are the people you want to give the Bills more dues? Is it the people on those shouty table programmes? Is that really what we are talking about? Is it Skip and Steven A? Nick Wright? I mean come on. Why do we take to heart what those sorts of clowns say? 

6 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

I guess if you only watch local or bills sponsored media you can have this experience.

Any national media this is not the case. Even NFL network all the talk is about the packers, chiefs, Bucs

I don't only watch local media. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why is that important?

Also, it's worth noting that the Bucs lost to the Saints twice this year.  You left that out.  Also, the Colts were the only team the Steelers beat in their stunning (1-5) end of season collapse.  Also, "the Browns" beat the Colts.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Can I find an article making this one specific point otherwise it proves the Bills don't get any credit? That doesn't make sense. You know that, right? In the last fortnight I have read FMIA, MMQB and The Athletic all write in detail about the fantastic work McDermott and Beane have done and the development leap Josh has made and this playoff run being the culmination of that. I have watched Chris Simms talk in depth about how well they played Saturday. Mooch talked on Sunday about the great coaching job by McDermott and Frazier. We had Brian Baldinger on the UK broadcast saying the Bills were great.... I don't get it. Who are the people you want to give the Bills more dues? Is it the people on those shouty table programmes? Is that really what we are talking about? Is it Skip and Steven A? Nick Wright? I mean come on. Why do we take to heart what those sorts of clowns say? 

Lampy McLamp. Lol 😂 

58935693.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Thats easy..you can go to the post about Tony reali on around the horn on this here forum and watch the clip.

Edited by Sharky7337
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, Sharky7337 said:

Thays easy..you can go to the post about Tony reali on around the horn on this here forum and watch the clip.

I saw it. I have no idea who any of those 4 people are. Like genuinely is that who we are getting ourselves worked up over? 

It is ESPN isn't it? We don't get ESPN over here. It looks like I am not missing much just a bunch of non entities shouting over each other. Almost every time I ask a Bills fan this question the answer is something off ESPN.

My advice to you folks..... cancel your ESPN subscription and spend it on something worthwhile. There is a lot of great football content out there that is insightful and objective and in depth and you can learn from. Watching ESPN coverage is just asking to be enraged by stupidity by the sounds of it.

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

it's time to not only avoid reacting to the loudmouth guys like Steven A, but also the fans that need to constantly feel so persecuted. I just watched a great segment on NFL network, all 4 hosts were so excited about the matchup, one guy said Allen is playing better than Mahomes.  Great example of Buffalo whining, Collinsworth getting grief and he's done a few games recently and has been gushing over the entire organization and fan base. But he still gets crap from some. It's like they don't listen to anything he said.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

it's time to not only avoid reacting to the loudmouth guys like Steven A, but also the fans that need to constantly feel so persecuted. I just watched a great segment on NFL network, all 4 hosts were so excited about the matchup, one guy said Allen is playing better than Mahomes.  Great example of Buffalo whining, Collinsworth getting grief and he's done a few games recently and has been gushing over the entire organization and fan base. But he still gets crap from some. It's like they don't listen to anything he said.

We actually had a poster here on Sunday morning complaining because Collinsworth said Lamar Jackson 14 times and Josh Allen only 12 times during the course of the broadcast. Seriously. I mean grow up.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

We actually had a poster here on Sunday morning complaining because Collinsworth said Lamar Jackson 14 times and Josh Allen only 12 times during the course of the broadcast. Seriously. I mean grow up.

I agree thats really quite nitnpicky- but the original posters post, does have merit in this case.

Just now, Sharky7337 said:

I agree thats really quite nitnpicky- but the original posters post, does have merit in this case.

How? He is saying beating the Chiefs without Mahomes will set up a narrative that we didn’t “beat anybody.”

Like that is fundamentally not true. We already got praised for beating our other two opponents. It is fundamentally untrue.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't get where the "they get no credit" narrative comes from. Everyone I watch, read and listen to is giving the Bills a ton of credit and deservedly so. There is that bozzo Nick Wright who likes playing a WWE heel type character but who else isn't giving them credit? 

Actually, the Bills aren't really getting the credit the deserve, but I prefer it that way.  All the talk is literally around all 3 teams but the Bills.  Even on PTI the host couldn't get them to talk about the Bills and called them out for it.  The more popular consensus is that if Mahomes plays, Chiefs will go on to win the SB.  Yes, they do agree we probably pose the biggest threat to them, but like 90% of the talk about this upcoming game is around the Chiefs and what is at stake for them.  Just like most the talk after the Ravens game was more about Lamar, Tucker, and the Ravens.  

But for me...I love that they aren't.  I think drives and fuels this team.  They love being over looked, under estimated.  They are hungry and play with a chip on their shoulder.  

For me...I really want Mahomes to play.  I want to dethrone the champs when we win the championship, and if I am really getting my wish, we will go on to face Brady and crush him on the biggest stage.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Ok, quick trivia question for the OP — name the last Super Bowl Champion that is remembered for the easy path they had to the title.

We’re still waiting...

Yea. If Mahomes doesn't play Sunday it is probably a story in the build up to the Bills playing in the Superbowl. It might linger into the dead months of the offseason "ah but what if they played Mahomes?" By this time next year? Ancient history and absolutely nobody cares. All that matters is who hoists that sticky Lombardi.

• Like (+1) 1