PREDICT THE SCORE: 2020 AFC Championship Game - Bills at Chiefs

RiotAct

After last season I predicted a Bills-Chiefs AFC Championship with the Chiefs winning. I was quite confident we'd take down the Colts and Ravens, but I think we'll have to wait at least one more year before we can celebrate a 5th Super Bowl appearance. I see the Bills losing a wildly entertaining game that features some highly questionable calls (Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the NFL badly wants a Mahomes-Rodgers SB).

Chiefs - 43

Bills - 38

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Amaru523 said:

After last season I predicted a Bills-Chiefs AFC Championship with the Chiefs winning. I was quite confident we'd take down the Colts and Ravens, but I think we'll have to wait at least one more year before we can celebrate a 5th Super Bowl appearance. I see the Bills losing a wildly entertaining game that features some highly questionable calls (Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the NFL badly wants a Mahomes-Rodgers SB).

Chiefs - 43

Bills - 38

Ill say this: I used to be one of those that says 'oh the NFL wants this and the NFL wants that'

And it was always against Buffalo.

But just think about how America has embraced this Buffalo Bills team. I think CBS might want Josh Allen in the SB as much as Mahomes. Allen is on the cusp of being a legit NFL superstar and a very marketable player.

Diggs is an elite WR and becoming more popular by the week.

The Bills are the team with the stronger story-lines now IMO. They are new, fresh, and fans are loving it.

Buffalo 34 Kansas City 30

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/21/2021 at 11:11 PM, hondo in seattle said:

Bills 34,  Chiefs 31

The closer we get to this game, I’m in agreement.  Could be an overtime Bassomatic kick that puts us in the SB.  Sal and the guys said yesterday morning said it would be 34-40 degrees a little rainy and only 10 mph winds.  The rain or temp. Isn’t an issue, but 10 mph winds was the key as 30-40 mph winds would affect any QB.  Allen and Mahomes arm strength wouldn’t matter.

On 1/21/2021 at 8:23 AM, Jpsredemption said:

I get that most picks are going to go to the Bills because this is a Bills board filled with (and I don’t mean this is a negative connotation) homers..but these double digit Bills win predictions are really something. 

34-24 Bills

They have a slightly better O

We have a much better D

I heard the same thing last week and the week before 

Go Bills

I haven’t been predicting scores this postseason but I’ve been accurate with how I felt both games would go...the Colts being tougher than many expected and the Ravens less so.

I take nothing from the W6 matchup.  The Bills are significantly healthier and both teams have evolved since that game.

My gut tells me Josh Allen makes a huge statement to the rest of the league that he is here to stay.  I’m looking at four total TDs from Josh (two rushing, two passing) and a couple of FGs from Bass, so I’m expecting 34 points from the Bills if they don’t score on D or ST.

The big question, obviously, is whether they can hold Mahomes and KC below that number.  Nobody has put up 30 points against the Bills since W10 and I don’t expect that to change.  Mahomes’ toe, and not his dubious concussion, is the key injury factor in this game.  The Bills won’t “stop” the Chiefs’ offense but they will contain the explosive plays and (for the most part) force FGs.  I caution fans not to take too much from the opening possession, and it wouldn’t surprise me if KC scores a TD on their first drive as Reid scripts the early part of games and they will be ready.

My “bold” prediction?  Bills fans won’t have to sweat out a last second Mahomes possession to celebrate a 5th AFC Championship.

GO BILLS!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

I get that most picks are going to go to the Bills because this is a Bills board filled with (and I don’t mean this is a negative connotation) homers..but these double digit Bills win predictions are really something. 

I think it’s kinda funny you say these win predictions are “really something” when you made the prediction Baltimore could hang 50 on us.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

You screen name is Jpsredemption and OUR picks are really something? 😮😀

Bills 38 - Chiefs 14 in a romp. ;) 

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

You screen name is Jpsredemption and OUR picks are really something? 😮😀

Bills 38 - Chiefs 14 in a romp. ;) 

My pick last week was not good. Your pick this week will be “not good”. 

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think it’s kinda funny you say these win predictions are “really something” when you made the prediction Baltimore could hang 50 on us.  

In fairness no one in the world saw Buffalo holding Baltimore to 3 points.