Pats fans jumping on Bills Wagon!

Pete

On 1/19/2021 at 3:00 PM, Pete said:

OK a LAMP post.  I moved in with my girlfriend to Massachusetts.  Her family has deep roots being Boston fans.  So she’s come around on Bills.  She sings Shout song all day, and gets me going.  She says she still will root for NE over Bills, but loves the Bills.  So yesterday she says order me and you Bills shirts, and I’ll pay.  Woohoo!  I struck gold with my girl!

One of the proofs* that God exists is daughters, given to fathers.   I need say no more.

My daughter married a die hard Patriot fan last September.   Oh, no reception, yet ... that will come, post pandemic.

He is now posting all over their instagram with his Bills Mafia best, singing the shout song, and truly enjoying being a Bills fan.   He met us as a Pats fan, but polite.   He evolved to fans of both.   Now, he’s all in Buffalo.    A conversion, if you will.

My observation, based upon his words ...

“It is really cool to cheer for New England.   It’s really cool to be a Bills fan.”

* the others being The Golden Ratio and the rose, an infant’s fingers and peanut butter with chocolate.

Edited by Neo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean with the four teams that are left the Bills are going to be a popular one to root for.

This is true. I have had numerous people at work tell me, "I'm rooting for your boys to finally get one." And I'm like, "Yeah, me too." :lol: But seriously, even out in public all kinds of people talk to me because I have on my Bills gear now. "That Josh Allen, man, that guy is something else." "You guys are going to win it all." "It's your year." Stuff like that everywhere. Some of the people who were clowning me for having a Josh Allen jersey last year have now walked back on all of it. After all the years of catching grief we are finally up again. It feels great to have been dedicated through the tough times because it makes you actually appreciate the good that much more. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I would prefer Bills - Bucs. We swept NE and got some revenge against Bill. It was nice seeing him toss his phone on the sidelines. Now I want them to beat Brady in the Super Bowl. After being dominated by him all of these years I want the Bills to beat Brady in the big game.

Yeah its weighing beating Brady vs losing to Brady.  If I knew the Bills would beat the Bucs Im all for it, but that is not a guarantee....

• Like (+1) 1

Bills-Pack all the way.  I was fan of Hyde before he came to Bills, fan of Green Bay and this way our players do not need to watch out for cheap shots from Grunt.

Besides would have to have Superbowl where opponent had full year experience in stadium.  It is an advantage plus they do not need to travel like other team, sleep in own beds, etc.

Who is home game by the way this year for Superbowl?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Captain Caveman said:

I remember rooting for the Patriots during their first year with Brady (after we were out of the picture), thinking it's nice they can have some success after so many lousy years.

I agree. When the Bills have been eliminated, especially when it was well before the season was over, I still root for someone in the playoffs. The first time the Patsies were there, since they had sucked for so long and had a nobody sixth round draft pick as their QB, I rooted for the Patsies. Within a year or two of that, I rooted for almost anyone other than the Patsies (my 2nd favorite team has been whoever was playing the Patsies). Of course, it's not like I'm ever a diehard fan of any team other than the Bills.

I kind of assume almost all football fans similarly find a team to root for in the playoffs if their team isn't there. I also suspect that unless there's a team they hate or a player they really like on one of the teams, they probably want the newcomer most of the time.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Every Friday is pizza.  We order an XL meat lovers.  It takes about 3 of us to finish it and it's hard to walk out when we are done.

can i have your stuff when you die next week?

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

This is it. I've heard a lot of fans talking about this. They feel no threat from the Bills because they spent 20 years kicking our asses.

Good point. It's like asking "do a hammer and a nail really have a rivalry?"

Side note: as said above, I have no issue w the OP-provided vid. Thought it was kinda clever, actually. Maybe not popular view around here.

So, if you need me, I'll be in the bunker, waiting for the flames and incoming...

26 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Good point. It's like asking "do a hammer and a nail really have a rivalry?"

Side note: as said above, I have no issue w the OP-provided vid. Thought it was kinda clever, actually. Maybe not popular view around here.

So, if you need me, I'll be in the bunker, waiting for the flames and incoming...

Better example is Peanuts where Lucy is repeatedly pulling football on Charlie Brown.

Interesting story on it.

https://slate.com/culture/2014/10/the-history-of-lucys-pulling-the-football-away-from-charlie-brown-in-peanuts.html#:~:text=It's true that the first,mar her brand new football.&text=(Charlie Brown trips over the ball anyway%2C of course.)

Lucy of course should be sued for harm and emotional damage but Lucy's father is a high priced ambulance chasing laywer.

• Awesome! (+1) 1