Pats fans jumping on Bills Wagon!

Pete

I also believe that we as hopeful football fans want to see the king toppled.  This kid is too good, that team is too good and that organization is too good.  If they can't be felled, then our (all other AFC fan bases) collective hopes for a superbowl diminish.  

Edited by wjag

On their boards, the prevailing sentiment is a sort of glee about the possibility of the Bills making the SB - only to have their hopes & dreams crushed one last time by Brady.

Just when I thought I couldn't possibly dislike a fanbase more....

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Two negatives makes a positive - color me confused 716

First, In the world of sports, I don't think there's anything more rat like than a bandwagon sports fan

Second, it's no secret that tons of people in Buffalo like absolutely nothing about Boston. From the bruins to the Patriots to some of the people lol 

If you grew up in Boston and you are Bills fan for 30 years all aboard. If you were a Tom Brady bandwagoner and now you want off, the bills don't need you

• Thank you (+1) 1

It's true...I checked out the Bills/Ravens thread on the Patriot Boards and most of the posters were rooting for the Bills. Apparently they think the Chiefs are too cocky and they don't want them going back to another SB and they think the Bills can beat the Chiefs, or at least have the best shot.  They also really hate the Ravens or Ratbirds as they call them...

Actually had some surprisingly knowledgeable posts about what was going on in the game and how the Bills were preventing Lamar from running

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

On their boards, the prevailing sentiment is a sort of glee about the possibility of the Bills making the SB - only to have their hopes & dreams crushed one last time by Brady.

Just when I thought I couldn't possibly dislike a fanbase more....

That's perfectly logical.  I would be the same way.  Tom is their guy.  What would have made their heads explode is if he hadn't left the division.  Imagine being a Patriots fan and having to face a Brady-led Jets team twice a year.  They got the best of it.  He leaves the conference which allows them to still root for him.  They have no reason to want to see a division rival do well.

OK a LAMP post.  I moved in with my girlfriend to Massachusetts.  Her family has deep roots being Boston fans.  So she’s come around on Bills.  She sings Shout song all day, and gets me going.  She says she still will root for NE over Bills, but loves the Bills.  So yesterday she says order me and you Bills shirts, and I’ll pay.  Woohoo!  I struck gold with my girl!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, wjag said:

That's perfectly logical.  I would be the same way.  Tom is their guy.  What would have made their heads explode is if he hadn't left the division.  Imagine being a Patriots fan and having to face a Brady-led Jets team twice a year.  They got the best of it.  He leaves the conference which allows them to still root for him.  They have no reason to want to see a division rival do well.

That's all true, and I 100% get rooting for Brady. But the stuff I've read puts some inordinate emphasis on the Bills' hopes being crushed yet again.  

I mean, there's rivalry, and there is basic humanity.  I guess I don't really get how anyone could wish that on us after what we've been through. Maybe if we win the division a few more years.  

• Agree 1

I've actually seen some Jets fans rooting for us, at least those who live in WNY.  Their counterpart Dolphins fans are another story.  I think part of that is that we kept Miami and their precious Danny Boy from getting to the big one a few times, including the year we let them win the division but still beat them at their place in the AFC championship.  The Jets have never really been good at the same time as the Bills (though they've been bad at the same time a lot), so their fans don't have the same acrimony towards us.  Same goes for the few real Pats fans that exist:  their team was irrelevant whenever the Bills were good.

By the same token, there are a lot of older Chiefs fans who hate the Bills because of what we did to them in the playoffs in the '90s.

Edited by BRH
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I live in NE and have had a lot of people say they are rooting for the Bills.   Its funny, some root for and some are rooting against Brady.  Bill-Packers SB is my order.

I would prefer Bills - Bucs. We swept NE and got some revenge against Bill. It was nice seeing him toss his phone on the sidelines. Now I want them to beat Brady in the Super Bowl. After being dominated by him all of these years I want the Bills to beat Brady in the big game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

I think there a lot of fans bases pulling for the Bills. How could they not?

Yeah I think so too. I have come across many, many ppl while in many different stores and what not the past couple weeks. I mean every single person said either Go Bills and they hope they win it all, or they deserve it, or asked if I have jumped through any tables yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Success said:

That's all true, and I 100% get rooting for Brady. But the stuff I've read puts some inordinate emphasis on the Bills' hopes being crushed yet again.  

I mean, there's rivalry, and there is basic humanity.  I guess I don't really get how anyone could wish that on us after what we've been through. Maybe if we win the division a few more years.  

It's simple... they're Massholes.

• Like (+1) 1