SCAM trying to tap into the charitable nature of Bills Mafia

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Here we go with Norman running a scam again....

What are you talking about Willis?  All I was saying is that there are a ton of gullible people out there right now that feel obligated to give to help small businesses because they were mocked for helping hungry children but not helping people in Buffalo.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not surprised scammers are starting to try to take advantage of the Mafia.

Side note: Did the Jackson donation thing seem... "forced" to anyone else? Almost like folks started doing it just to keep up some appearance of an ESPN story? Didn't seem to fit with the way the other, more organic, donation drives have gone. JMO

Yes, completely.  As did throwing money at the Alzheimer's Association because Jerry Coleman called us names and BillsMafia needed to look good after some unhinged nutbag flew to Baltimore to "confront" him.  As did going nuts when Bomani Jones and Foxworth called out some questionable members of BillsMafia who suddenly felt compelled to prove they weren't racists by contributing to the National Diaper Bank.  As did a number of less publicized social media campaigns to donate to the preferred charities of opponents, critics, and haters which failed to generate headlines. 

Opening the checkbooks for every perceived slight is now the BillsMafia playbook.  I guess its all to a good end but its a silly way to go about philanthropy.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm just confused by the bizarre premise of the event.  I mean I know it's a scam but I don't get where their logic was going with it.  A real event would be advertised as a charity fundraising BBQ, not a cookout vaguely in support of X.  Then the goods for the BBQ would be donated with the primary source of fundraising being the sales of the food, not demanding that money be donated before hand to make it a success cuz reasons?  Then it being announced during an active pandemic with stay at home orders, and so far in advance.

I think I get more angry at idiot scammers thinking they are so much smarter than everyone else, than at the scam itself.

It might actually just be a real cookout, but for their birthday party or something where they would just claim Josh couldn't make it or whatever if people actually showed up.

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

I'm just confused by the bizarre premise of the event.  I mean I know it's a scam but I don't get where their logic was going with it.  A real event would be advertised as a charity fundraising BBQ, not a cookout vaguely in support of X.  Then the goods for the BBQ would be donated with the primary source of fundraising being the sales of the food, not demanding that money be donated before hand to make it a success cuz reasons?  Then it being announced during an active pandemic with stay at home orders, and so far in advance.

I think I get more angry at idiot scammers thinking they are so much smarter than everyone else, than at the scam itself.

It might actually just be a real cookout, but for their birthday party or something where they would just claim Josh couldn't make it or whatever if people actually showed up.

Toss in creating a Go Fund Me page for fighting a disease. I could see maybe to support an individual victim of it.