SCAM trying to tap into the charitable nature of Bills Mafia

I got a Facebook friend request from one Darnell Jones, who advertises himself as the newly appointed Buffalo Bills Community Fundraiser.  And the first of his fundraising events has been logged:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/297fcnud40

Myself along with Quarterback Josh Allen will be hosting a Buffalo Bills Cookout  to Supporting finding a cure for Alzheimer's Disease. This cookout will take place at Como Lake Park from 10am to 9pm in July,  Your donation is very important to make our Buffalo Bills cookout a big success. 

If you are a Buffalo Bills Fan & Support our Buffalo Bills team, Come Join me by giving a Buffalo Bills Donation to support Alzheimer's Disease... Our cookout will be filled with fun and enjoyment for everyone in our city of buffalo Community's...

Dude needs a proofreader :)

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Angry 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• JÂy RÛßeÒ changed the title to SCAM trying to tap into the charitable nature of Bills Mafia
1 minute ago, T&C said:

Como lake isn't even a lake, its more like a big pond. Had a lot of good times at that park though, great sledding hill.

Como Lake Park was a GREAT High School party place back in the '70s.

Spent a lot of fun summer evenings there!

• Like (+1) 1

Not surprised scammers are starting to try to take advantage of the Mafia.

Side note: Did the Jackson donation thing seem... "forced" to anyone else? Almost like folks started doing it just to keep up some appearance of an ESPN story? Didn't seem to fit with the way the other, more organic, donation drives have gone. JMO

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Como Lake Park was a GREAT High School party place back in the '70s.

Spent a lot of fun summer evenings there!

I lived maybe 2 miles from it and my grandparents lived right across the street from it...  a lot of partying went on in the field/woods by the lighthouse too. Speaking of... why a lighthouse on a big pond lol.

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I got a Facebook friend request from one Darnell Jones, who advertises himself as the newly appointed Buffalo Bills Community Fundraiser.  And the first of his fundraising events has been logged:

What are you going to say next, that I am not Nigerian royalty?

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

What are you going to say next, that I am not Nigerian royalty?

I like this thought. How about scam the scammer

Say you are a Nigerian prince and you need his bank info to transfer a fortune. After you get the info, transfer his funds that he claims are for charity into Oshei childrens hospital 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

But like, what if he posts pictures of donations online? 

9 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Genuinely thought (and maybe hoped) this was going to be BITE ME taking a new approach to his meltdown over Josh Norman's retweeting and charitable ways. 

7 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Giant check or it didn't happen.

Listen man, his mom used to work for a charity, it is legit!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I really, really hope no one was stupid enough to donate to this when it's unambiguously fake as evidenced by the extraordinary profusion of grammatical errors. (I haven't clicked on the link.)