2021 Senior Bowl

Mark Vader

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Still gutted that there is no Shrine game :(

Yeah, that sucks.

This is probably the most important Senior Bowl we've ever had. This is basically the Combine for this year.

The coaching staffs will get to work with the players on a personal level. Also a big moment for the opt out players.

• Like (+1) 3

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Has anyone been keeping up with the practices this week?

I'm unable to watch any of them.

I was listening to the NFL channel in my car and they said that Mac Jones looks very good and was throwing accurate passes. They said that he probably elevated himself to the first round. I for one think that he was already there.

One announcer said that he would expect to see him go at 30, 31, or 32.

6 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I was listening to the NFL channel in my car and they said that Mac Jones looks very good and was throwing accurate passes. They said that he probably elevated himself to the first round. I for one think that he was already there.

Thanks.

It really sucks not having NFL Network for this reason. I won't be able to watch the game. :angry:

15 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

If a QB starts to get projected at 30-32 in January it usually means he ends up going 11-20.  They always move way up.  

I know Allen will be a cap hit soon but no way do I think Beane takes a QB at 30.  Do you like Bama so much that you want to dump Josh?  Geez.

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I know Allen will be a cap hit soon but no way do I think Beane takes a QB at 30.  Do you like Bama so much that you want to dump Josh?  Geez.

WHAT??? No freaking way!!! After Josh was drafted and many posters were complaining, I took his back with a long post in support of him.  This support has never waivered. I have never posted one bad word about Josh. I do think that at one point last year I said that I was afraid he would get hurt if he keep running so much. 

So let's be clear.....Josh Allen is already a top 5 QB, this with the handicap of playing at Wyoming, where the team and the competition sucked as compared to other conferences. This meant that Josh had more to learn than Mahomes for instance, as well as all other QBs that I can think of.

In other words, Josh is already excellent and will surely even improve. 

I do not necessarily want the Bills to take Mac Jones at 30. I have a different player in mind. That said, Ernie Accorsi once said that the most important player on an NFL team is the quarterback, and the second most important position is the backup quarterback. I was always about the LT position wrt this statement, but he did have a point.

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

David Moore from Grambling is who the Bills need at center next season 

Quincy Roche showed and proved

You can go on YouTube and watch practice videos 

Thank you for the name, I saw the O-Lineman from Grambling and I was impressed.

Do you think there is any realistic chance we could get Roche?

4 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

David Moore from Grambling is who the Bills need at center next season 

Quincy Roche showed and proved

You can go on YouTube and watch practice videos 

Quinn Meinerz from the D3 school looks like a perfect fit for the Bills. Position flex and a chip on his shoulder. Big size too. He’s on my wishlist.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

If a QB starts to get projected at 30-32 in January it usually means he ends up going 11-20.  They always move way up.  

I would think typically it's pretty rare for teams to draft a QB at 30-32 unless the pick was traded.

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

It does seem that way, but does being drafted in round 1 get the team an option year? I'm not sure how that works.

5th year, yes.  I think that is the driver for trades.  A team will give up far more significant value to move from 33 to 32 than they would from 34 to 33.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.