Josh Norman's Charity

BITE ME

12 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

Yes, people that want you to give them money so they can give the money away have every right to be annoyed.  😂

People asking for charitable donation have NO RIGHT to insult people for not giving to their charity. It is not their money. People have every right to give to whatever they want. Getting all upset and insinuating Bills fans are virtue signalers is disgusting.  Thousands and thousands of people gave and maybe a few dozen posted on social media about it.  

BTW, Josh Norman has Wegman's, Rich, and big business helping him. You know, the big businesses where we spend our money.

I understand deleting the first thread, out of pure embarrassment, if nothing else. I don't understand doubling down in a new thread....

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

That is Derrick Henry throwing Norman out of the way.

I see that.  But as the CB, it wasn't Norman's primary job to cover Derrick Henry and stop the run, nor was that play his primary failure in the game.  Tre' White was out injured for that game, and Norman as CB#1 found himself covering (or failing to cover) AJ Brown a fair bit.  Brown had 7 receptions on 9 targets for 82 yds.  Norman was assigned responsibility for 6 completions on 8 targets (Norman and Smith) and drew two DPIs  for his coverage.  Like I said, he got beaten like a drum that game.

But we shouldn't ignore that he had several sterling plays in other games that helped the team, that's my point.

11 minutes ago, Buffaloflash said:

You donate to help Buffaloians out,not Josh Norman.

Great, then maybe they should have set up a charity to help small businesses instead of funneling money through a charity that exists to fund youth programs.

5 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

Yes, people that want you to give them money so they can give the money away have every right to be annoyed.  😂

People asking for charitable donation have NO RIGHT to insult people for not giving to their charity. It is not their money. People have every right to give to whatever they want. Getting all upset and insinuating Bills fans are virtue signalers is disgusting.  Thousands and thousands of people gave and maybe a few dozen posted on social media about it.  

BTW, Josh Norman has Wegman's, Rich, and big business helping him. You know, the big businesses where we spend our money.

You are failing again, twice in one day, dig that hole my man, dig that hole... it’s a good look...

Go Bills!!!

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

You are failing again, twice in one day, dig that hole my man, dig that hole... it’s a good look...

Go Bills!!!

I am not failing in anything.  This guy is using a charity that is set up to fund youth programs to raise money so he can give it to small businesses.  The whole thing is bizarre.  Probably not even legal.

3 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

I am not failing in anything.  This guy is using a charity that is set up to fund youth programs to raise money so he can give it to small businesses.  The whole thing is bizarre.  Probably not even legal.

If you’re so concerned by it, why did you donate to the charity? 

The guy pivoted in order to make, what he thought was a bigger impact in the community by providing funds to small businesses. 

Edited by JGMcD2

10 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

Great, then maybe they should have set up a charity to help small businesses instead of funneling money through a charity that exists to fund youth programs.

Setting up a charity - the overhead and admin costs - takes time and money. 

If the goal is to get money to businesses quickly, it makes a lot of sense to utilize an existing charity for logistics and admin, thus reducing costs.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

So, you said you didn't want people to think your were accusing Norman of theft. But it is okay to accuse him of doing something generally illeagal?

9 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

Enough.  You stated in the OP "I deleted that thread.  I don't want people to think I am accusing him of theft. I wasn't. I was accusing him of being a bad promoter of his charity and blaming Bills fans for his incompetence."

I let it stand because you at least gave the link so that those of us who are inclined can donate to Norman's effort to help Buffalo businesses. 

Now you are right back with allegations that, if not accusing the guy of theft, are accusing him of raising money in a way that is probably illegal.

That's just as bad as accusing him of theft, and it's completely unwarranted and unjustified by your personal Snit over his re-tweeting something you took offense at.

Enough.  And the next time you start a thread in The Stadium Wall, make sure it's 1) discussing football 2) contains substrate for good discussion

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1