He's back. WR Jake Kumerow signing to practice squad.

Process

25 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

nervous button pusher here!

Don't assume.  The Bills wanted to keep Kumerow on their PS but the Saints signed him.  The Bills added Stills and Gentry for depth in the absence of Kumerow.  Now that he is available again, it makes perfect sense for them to resign him.  Remember, he also played on special teams.    I suspect, Gentry will be the one let go when Kumerow is signed.

5 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Imagine a lineup of Josh Allen with...

WR- Stills, Kumerow, Duke, Gentry

RB- Williams, Wade

TE- Becker?  May as well also throw in Sweeney even though not technically PS

Would probably still be at least as competitive as some teams in the league, especially the Jets.

It would be a lot better than our receiving corps in Josh's rookie year.

We have indeed come a long way.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Typically, when you have a 28 yr old guy who's a "fringe" player as a WR and tall enough to play tight end, if he hasn't already gained 30 lbs and transitioned it's probably because his frame and metabolism won't allow this.

I put on close to 30 over Christmas 🤣

Yuss! I really think this kid has a ton of potential. Also brings some size to the WR group, which is nice. The fact that they went out and brought him back tells me that they see enough from him in practice that he's in their future plans. That bullet he caught against the Broncos was one of my favorite throws this season. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Yuss! I really think this kid has a ton of potential. Also brings some size to the WR group, which is nice. The fact that they went out and brought him back tells me that they see enough from him in practice that he's in their future plans. That bullet he caught against the Broncos was one of my favorite throws this season. 

He's 28 yo and been in the league for 5 years. 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m old enough to remember when Bob Foster was going to be WR1

Update on the legendary Robert Foster: signed to the Packers PS and waived; signed to the WFT (a team not known for WR depth) PS and never saw the field.

He did have a nice deep ball rapport with Josh though for that one season ...

Just now, Special K said:

Not if Zay Jones had anything to say about it!!🤣

14 catches for the Raiders this year!

And of course the corpse of Kelvin Benjamin was on that team too. For a brief moment I think Deonte Thompson may have been our nominal #1.

24 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Update on the legendary Robert Foster: signed to the Packers PS and waived; signed to the WFT (a team not known for WR depth) PS and never saw the field.

He did have a nice deep ball rapport with Josh though for that one season ...

14 catches for the Raiders this year!

And of course the corpse of Kelvin Benjamin was on that team too. For a brief moment I think Deonte Thompson may have been our nominal #1.

Deonte led the team in either catches or yards or TDs I think. Sad! 

On 1/19/2021 at 3:52 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I’m old enough to remember when Bob Foster was going to be WR1

Remove your hat and stand at attention, please, when you speak of a Crimson Tide alum. 🤨

😁

And as for Kumerow, is it appropriate to use the term 'resurrected'?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

20 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Anyone got an update?  This was 2 days ago. 

I guess it could depend upon the testing cadance?  If he didn't test Monday or Tuesday because the Saints were done, then he might have to test for 5 days?

Yep he’s not able to play vs chiefs 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep he’s not able to play vs chiefs 

I thought players who were "current in the testing cadence" could join right away so it's weird.  You would think the Saints would have tested him Monday for locker-clean-out and then make testing available Tuesday for players who are still around and want it.