QBs with fewer than 2 playoff wins

The bills and Allen have won 2 this year - and that the following players have fewer than 2 in their careers:

Cousins - 104 starts

Stafford - 165 starts

Watson - 54 starts

Prescott - 69 starts

Carr - 110 starts

I know its a team stat - but at the end of the day, these guys have 2 total wins among them and are among the highest paid players at their position.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, dneveu said:

The bills and Allen have won 2 this year - and that the following players have fewer than 2 in their careers:

Cousins - 104 starts

Stafford - 165 starts

Watson - 54 starts

Prescott - 69 starts

Carr - 110 starts

I know its a team stat - but at the end of the day, these guys have 2 total wins among them and are among the highest paid players at their position.

Don't forget to add in Mayfield & Jackson from Allen's draft class who have played in multiple playoff games and have less then two wins.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Stafford is just amazing to me. How he got trapped into a long term contract with a dead end franchise like the Lions is a head scratcher. He’s gotta be kicking himself!

Well, he didn't exactly get "trapped"...he willingly signed an extension a few years ago.

But I get what you're saying - it feels like his talent was wasted in Detroit

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Stafford is just amazing to me. How he got trapped into a long term contract with a dead end franchise like the Lions is a head scratcher. He’s gotta be kicking himself!

Even more wild is that the entire Lions franchise only has 1(!) single playoff win in the the Superbowl era. Stafford has zero to his name.

Most people associate the Lions with ineptitude for good reason, like the Bills and Browns. But at least we had a few runs, Browns have mae an AFC Champ game.

• Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

When someone deem you as their Franchise QB, there is no exit for you

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

Cousins - 104 starts

Stafford - 165 starts

Watson - 54 starts

Prescott - 69 starts

Carr - 110 starts

Their GMs should have "struck while those irons was hot" and "given them more weapons"....

• Haha (+1) 1

Allen is now tied for 2nd all time in franchise playoff wins as a QB (tied with Reich and Kemp). 

McDermott also tied with Saban for 2nd all time in franchise playoff wins as a coach.

Sadly, these lists of playoff wins for the Bills outside of the 90s are very short. Great to see this group finally changing that narrative.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I'm $ure he'$ deva$tated over that contract.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

He bears some responsibility in that mess. The media hypes this dude up all the time. Breakout year for him fantasy wise, blah blah, blah. Everytime I watch him he looks average at best. They've put some talent around him too at receiver. Had Megatron and Golladay is no slouch either. He is what he is at this point. And not this huge wasted talent.

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Totally agree!!  Imagine him in San Fran????  Ugh.  The Lions have done that guy no justice.  

2 hours ago, jletha said:

Even more wild is that the entire Lions franchise only has 1(!) single playoff win in the the Superbowl era. Stafford has zero to his name.

Most people associate the Lions with ineptitude for good reason, like the Bills and Browns. But at least we had a few runs, Browns have mae an AFC Champ game.

that’s insane. You would think they would have lucked into a few at least.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

When someone deem you as their Franchise QB, there is no exit for you

He is rich (Stafford), but will be a cliff note in NFL history because he was hamstrung by the worst franchise in NFL history. Bummer, but hey, enjoy the wealth!

Edited by foreboding

Mark Sanchez has more playoff wins. Nick Foles has more playoff wins and is a SB champion. 

The only thing that matters to me is sustained success. 

Some of you have this obsession with putting other QBs down just to prop Allen up. Josh’s play will speak for itself. There’s no need for petty stuff like this. Derek Carr isn’t even in the same conversation as Allen so why should I care about the number of playoff wins he has?

• Like (+1) 2