Weather is the Bills kryptonite....

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

And Indy was the first team in playoff history to have 450+ yards and Zero turnovers... and lose the game.

Hence why i feel like we are playing with house money this weekend. enjoy the ride.

Hope your right.  I feel at ease so far.  

really hope we can get the run game going though 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The ravens moved the ball better than we did.  They had more passing yards and 5x as many rushing yards.  33% more total yards. More first downs.  33% more ToP.

one pick six is why we won.  True story.  

The Bills made zero attempts to do anything after that pick 6. We bent but did not break. I believe 75 yards given up in the 4th Qtr as we were leading 17-3.

Edited by Dr.Sack

14 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

The Bills made zero attempts to do anything after that pick 6. We bent but did not break. I believe 75 yards given up in the 4th Qtr as we were leading 17-3.

We totally made attempts offensively.  We were throwing the ball a bunch.  Just couldn’t connect 

40 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The ravens moved the ball better than we did.  They had more passing yards and 5x as many rushing yards.  33% more total yards. More first downs.  33% more ToP.

one pick six is why we won.  True story.  

The Ravens never scored a TD. True story, it matters not how many yards a team gains if there is no fruit to pick at the end, our offense out scored their offense, our defense out performed their defense, both kickers missed two field goals, this too is a true story. The Ravens lost end of story. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Josh commented how great it felt

I remembered that comment too. It struck me as rather odd at the time. Without a run game...I can see how the Josh style of super fast short game and beautiful long balls....would be more impacted by wet/windy. A guy like Fitz might not have the arm but then his game doesn’t depend on precision and speed. Precision gets totally wacked in wet/wind. 

so, we don’t have a run game and our passer has a fast precision style. Maybe we need Fitz and Lynch or dome. 
bahhahaaa. 

23 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

The Ravens never scored a TD. True story, it matters not how many yards a team gains if there is no fruit to pick at the end, our offense out scored their offense, our defense out performed their defense, both kickers missed two field goals, this too is a true story. The Ravens lost end of story. 

Go Bills!!!

Well, this thread is discussing the weather being our kryptonite.  Our total yards and points on offense certainly matters.  

We had our first game of the season in which we didn’t get 20 first downs.  We had 188 passing and 32 rushing.  We were ineffective on offense minus the first drive of the 2nd half.  The ravens got stops on 3rd down. 

Diggs was wide open by 10-15 yards....yet Josh overthrew him by 20 yard.  He overthrew everyone on deep shots.  Our offense suffered and we were bailed out by the longest INT return in playoff history.  

A win is a win, but bad weather hurts our team more than the oppositions in just about every game.  Nothing we can do about it except hope that we can turn things around in that regard.  Soon.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

I remembered that comment too. It struck me as rather odd at the time. Without a run game...I can see how the Josh style of super fast short game and beautiful long balls....would be more impacted by wet/windy. A guy like Fitz might not have the arm but then his game doesn’t depend on precision and speed. Precision gets totally wacked in wet/wind. 

so, we don’t have a run game and our passer has a fast precision style. Maybe we need Fitz and Lynch or dome. 
bahhahaaa. 

I would think that a retractable dome would be the best idea.  If we don’t plan on building a dome, we might be better off changing up our OL a bit or change the run blocking schemes.  Or hope that, by chance, we somehow just start playing better in windy/rainy conditions.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

what’s weird is that the weather has not moved at all since last Sunday. You would think there would be some movement or fluctuation. Here’s hoping that the rain gets pushed off a day. 

FYI: this site provides a quarter by quarter breakdown of the weather:

http://nflweather.com

Edited by Miyagi-Do Karate

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

We totally made attempts offensively.  We were throwing the ball a bunch.  Just couldn’t connect 

A bunch? 19 plays of which 9 were passes.

On our 1st drive of the 4th Qtr Allen was 5/7 for 36 yards. We killed over 5 minutes of clock. Maintained our 17-3 lead. Allen missed Brown short left on the 2nd set of downs, and on 3rd and 11 overthrew Brown deep left. 

On our 2nd drive we took over on the Baltimore 29. Allen was 1/2 for 4 yards. Allen tried to find Brown deep. Bass missed the FG. Missed out on a 20-3 lead. 

On our 3rd and final drive Allen did not attempt a pass. Allen did have 3 kneel down ‘rush’ attempts for -4 yards. 

Allen’s 4th Qtr was 6/9 for 40 yards. We had a huge lead and there was no reason to put up a 50/50 ball or risk injury. He was able to run 19 plays for 50 yards and chew up 8:56 of clock. Allen attempted 2 long passes both to Brown. The goal of the 4th Qtr was to run clock and get first downs. 

6 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

On our 1st drive of the 4th Qtr Allen was 5/7 for 36 yards. We killed over 5 minutes of clock. Maintained our 17-3 lead. Allen missed Brown short left on the 2nd set of downs, and on 3rd and 11 overthrew Brown deep left. 

On our 2nd drive we took over on the Baltimore 29. Allen was 1/2 for 4 yards. Allen tried to find Brown deep. Bass missed the FG. Missed out on a 20-3 lead. 

On our 3rd and final drive Allen did not attempt a pass. Allen did have 3 kneel down ‘rush’ attempts for -4 yards. 

Allen’s 4th Qtr was 6/9 for 40 yards. We had a huge lead and there was no reason to put up a 50/50 ball or risk injury. He was able to run 19 plays for 50 yards and chew up 8:56 of clock. Allen attempted 2 long passes both to Brown. The goal of the 4th Qtr was to run clock and get first downs. 

6 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

You said that “the Bills made zero attempt to do anything......”

We had two drives in the 4th quarter before the final possession, in which the game was already over......

first possession:  7 passes + 2 runs.  That’s passing...,,.not running.  We scored 0 points.  

Second possession:  2 passes 1 run. we started with the ball on the ravens 29.  A FG were to clinch it.  Pass, run, pass, missed fg.  

9 passes- 3 rushes.  That IS passing all over the place for a team with a 14 point lead in the 4th.  There would’ve been more passes if we didn’t go 3 and out on the 2nd possession.  

If you think that we didn’t try to do after the pick six, which is the entire 4th quarter of a divisional playoff game, than our coaches should be fired.  But that’s not the case.  They tried 💯.  They just couldn’t score

Edited by NewEra

On 1/19/2021 at 4:22 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

You really think passing and high scoring offenses are a temporary trend in the NFL?:lol:

The players will be wearing flags and playing with a nerf ball before they go back to ground and pound, dude..........mom's just ain't signing their kids up for that game anymore.

Indoors is the new outdoors.

They are struggling to ween themselves off it Badol..... you gotta run the ball in Buffalo in January or else you got no chance of winning playoff games. Oh, hang on......

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

BTW Huntley was responsible for 94 yards in the fourth quarter, Bills had 45 yards.  

Yea the Bills were letting him have those yards. Especially on that final failed drive after they almost go beat over the top on the previous one. The only way the Ravens could win at that point was with big plays. The Bills were happy to let him throw 10 yard clock killers. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

11 mph winds in KC = 4 mph in Orchard Park???😉

Looks like no rain.  Hope KC winds aren't like those in OP....

BTW Huntley was responsible for 94 yards in the fourth quarter, Bills had 45 yards.  

Right now weather.com has about a 24%-31% chance of rain during the game.  Look like its coming over night for them, at least I hope.

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

Well, this thread is discussing the weather being our kryptonite.  Our total yards and points on offense certainly matters.  

We had our first game of the season in which we didn’t get 20 first downs.  We had 188 passing and 32 rushing.  We were ineffective on offense minus the first drive of the 2nd half.  The ravens got stops on 3rd down. 

Diggs was wide open by 10-15 yards....yet Josh overthrew him by 20 yard.  He overthrew everyone on deep shots.  Our offense suffered and we were bailed out by the longest INT return in playoff history.  

A win is a win, but bad weather hurts our team more than the oppositions in just about every game.  Nothing we can do about it except hope that we can turn things around in that regard.  Soon.

If The weather argument were true why is it we have won the majority of “weather” issue games?  Poor weather effects all teams, the argument is a bit over blown that it effects the Bills more, what I’m seeing is that it effects the fans who want and old fashion run first team.

Go Bills!!!

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

If The weather argument were true why is it we have won the majority of “weather” issue games?  Poor weather effects all teams, the argument is a bit over blown that it effects the Bills more, what I’m seeing is that it effects the fans who want and old fashion run first team.

Go Bills!!!

Because the Bills were the better team.  Allen is a passing QB & the Bills are at there best on a fast track.  Good weather favours the Bills. 

9 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Go Bills!!!

We had weather that affected offenses in a few games this year imo.

L Vs Chiefs-  chiefs 466 yards to 206-  our offense did nothing all game

W vs pats-  pats 349 yards to 339-  we decided to run the entire game, only 19 passes.  It worked because the pats front 7 was the worst in football. Diggs was the only wr to do anything.  Zimmer forced fumble won the game for us.

W vs steelers-  bills 334 yards to 224-  advantage bills.  The Steelers run game is worse than ours- they suffered more.  Steelers missing, Bush, Dupree and Haden.  Pick 6 turned the game

W vs ravens-  ravens 340 yards to 220-  our offense was stagnant minus 2 drives.  Pick six turned the game.  

3 wins-  all clinched by monumental defensive plays. 

think what you like.  I know what I see.  Our offense suffering and looking nothing like the offense that we want to run when the weather isn’t ideal.  

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We had weather that affected offenses in a few games this year imo.

L Vs Chiefs-  chiefs 466 yards to 206-  our offense did nothing all game

W vs pats-  pats 349 yards to 339-  we decided to run the entire game, only 19 passes.  It worked because the pats front 7 was the worst in football. Diggs was the only wr to do anything.  Zimmer forced fumble won the game for us.

W vs steelers-  bills 334 yards to 224-  advantage bills.  The Steelers run game is worse than ours- they suffered more.  Steelers missing, Bush, Dupree and Haden.  Pick 6 turned the game

W vs ravens-  ravens 340 yards to 220-  our offense was stagnant minus 2 drives.  Pick six turned the game.  

3 wins-  all clinched by monumental defensive plays. 

think what you like.  I know what I see.  Our offense suffering and looking nothing like the offense that we want to run when the weather isn’t ideal.  

Fortunately .. the weather is actually looking good. chance of rain has dropped to 1% and the wind is 11 mph which  is a little more than desired, but KC stadium is built above ground so it is my understanding that the wind swirls less.  Let's hope for as little wind as possible and the forecast for limited precipitation sticks.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Fortunately .. the weather is actually looking good. chance of rain has dropped to 1% and the wind is 11 mph which  is a little more than desired, but KC stadium is built above ground so it is my understanding that the wind swirls less.  Let's hope for as little wind as possible and the forecast for limited precipitation sticks.

I have been hoping for a weather shift like this all week!  I think for wind generally, so long as it is below 15-20 MPH, it should pose fewer problems.  

33 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Where are you seeing this?  I'm still seeing between 40-50% chance or rain.

• Like (+1) 1