Weather is the Bills kryptonite....

8 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Thanks for the vote of confidence.....🤣

We must have been watching different games.  Rain was pretty heavy vs. KC & wind.  

Here's video evidence that it wasn't raining heavy.  These highlights are showing all 4 quarters.  Look at the flags on the goal posts on the field goals, they are completely still.  Knowing you, this still won't be enough for you.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Here's video evidence that it wasn't raining heavy.  These highlights are showing all 4 quarters.  Knowing you, this still won't be enough for you.

you rarely ever see the rain, unless it’s a downpour. You see the rain when they have low to high camera angles that show the top of the stadium.  It was certainly raining..  it was certainly wet and I’m really confused as to why some of you guys would argue the fact that our offense is negatively effected by bad weather. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/10/19/chiefs-bills-score-live-updates/%3foutputType=amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportsbettingdime.com/amp/news/nfl/kansas-city-weather-forecast-bills-vs-chiefs-afc-championship-game/

If it rains on Sunday, it should be old hat for the Chiefs and Bills. When the two teams met in Buffalo on Oct. 19th during Week 6 of the 2020 NFL regular season, the game was played in a downpour.

If the sloppy field caused an impact on the game, it was clearly the Bills who ended up suffering. Buffalo was unable to run the ball.

17 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

It’s your fault. You’re welcome.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

We must have been watching different games.  Rain was pretty heavy vs. KC & wind.  

You know you can like, use the internet, and just like, go back and find this stuff out. Wind was 5mph against the Chiefs, and the guy in the red jersey playing QB completed literally 80% of his passes.

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

you rarely ever see the rain, unless it’s a downpour. You see the rain when they have low to high camera angles that show the top of the stadium.  It was certainly raining..  it was certainly wet and I’m really confused as to why some of you guys would argue the fact that our offense is negatively effected by bad weather. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/10/19/chiefs-bills-score-live-updates/%3foutputType=amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportsbettingdime.com/amp/news/nfl/kansas-city-weather-forecast-bills-vs-chiefs-afc-championship-game/

If it rains on Sunday, it should be old hat for the Chiefs and Bills. When the two teams met in Buffalo on Oct. 19th during Week 6 of the 2020 NFL regular season, the game was played in a downpour.

If the sloppy field caused an impact on the game, it was clearly the Bills who ended up suffering. Buffalo was unable to run the ball.

It’s your fault. You’re welcome.  

I don't believe I am arguing whether or not rain affects a game or not, it certainly does.

In the first quarter, it's a mist and not a rain....very light drizzle.  1972 is saying it was "HEAVY RAIN AND WIND" which is clearly not the case...the flags are completely still and like you said "unless it's a down pour".   Still photos pick up rain a lot better than video and look at the game photos....

I was wrong about the wind vs. KC, but it was raining and you can see it on the cameras (and remember pre game seeing it).  May not been as hard as I thought, but definitely affected the Bills.

Also third play from scrimmage was a drop by Brown.  Again little things.....

Edited by Billsfan1972

20 minutes ago, Mango said:

You know you can like, use the internet, and just like, go back and find this stuff out. Wind was 5mph against the Chiefs, and the guy in the red jersey playing QB completed literally 80% of his passes.

What does that have to do with Josh allen throwing a wet ball?  It’s kind of the point tbh. Bad weather effects our offense more than most offenses.  Not just because we have troubles running, but because our WRs have trouble catching/QBs has trouble throwing in wet/rainy conditions.

everyone loves to talk about how Josh is used to playing in wet,windy, cold conditions because he played in Laramie....

But do those people take into account that he didn’t have good results there either.  Maybe the bad weather had an affect on his playing?  Is that not possible?

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Pretty sure even Josh himself admitted as much... something to the effect of I like playing in good weather conditions. 

Yup.  I remember the interview, might’ve been around the time of the niner game, playing the Arizona dome

20 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The problem is even retractable roof stadiums don't open very far so it still feels indoors. The best stadium I think is US Bank in Minneapolis. Glass roof allows plenty of natural light. While the walls open to allow the breeze to flow through.

Yes I love that Minny stadium.  That's a great benchmark I hope they use it.  Similar climate too, I'd love to hear Diggs take on it.   The lighting is a huge deal, nothing worse than going inside on a nice fall day to LED warehouse lighting.

https://www.kshb.com/weather/weather-blog-buffalo-bills-vs-kansas-city-chiefs-weather-forecast

AFC Championship Sunday Forecast In KC:

It will likely be cloudy and cool with a cold front moving through during the day.

Snow will fall across Wisconsin and parts of Iowa

Kansas City has a chance of a few showers on Sunday and we will continue to track the trends as this storm approaches and develops

Expect a wind shift to the northwest by kickoff with temperatures in the 30s for the game. The latest data has it dropping into the 20s. The winds will be out of the north and 10-20 mph

On 1/19/2021 at 8:58 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

Bad games by the Bills (particularly Allen & the Offense) this year all were weather affected.

1. Tennessee - Rain & some wind

2. KC - Wind & Rain

3. NE Wind & scared to throw

4. Baltimore - High winds

So yes looking at the weather will be a daily pre-occupation.

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/mo/kansas-city/date/2021-1-24

Only 6 more days....

Three of those games were with an injured Allen and missing pieces all over the place also...weather doesn't affect us anymore than it would kc imo

On 1/19/2021 at 9:28 AM, HeHateMe said:

We are a finesse team, need that dome!

no we are not a finished team...next season i expect dramatic improvement rushing the ball and rushing the quarterback 

Edited by Billever76

On 1/19/2021 at 9:06 AM, Big Turk said:

Does anyone really like wet balls?

Depends on what makes them wet...

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/19/2021 at 10:00 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

I see 40% and low winds, which seems fine.  

It's a weakness with most QB's (bad weather), however it really affects the Bills offence more at this point.

It appears that it effected the Ravens more so in our last game in which they failed to score a touchdown through four quarters, but yeah, the Bills.... 🙄 

Edited by Don Otreply

On 1/19/2021 at 9:23 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

It's a no-brainer Terry needs to build a dome when it's time to replace Bills Stadium. We're not an in-the-trenches team anymore.

I don’t know when in the last 30 years we have been. People just love the element of weather in Bills games. It’s part of the teams culture IMO. Similar in Green Bay.

Edited by KzooMike

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I stressed out all last week about the weather. Can’t do it again. Can’t control it.

I just hope that we factor the weather into how we call the game. Can’t be throwing bombs in 25 MPH gusts again.  

https://www.kshb.com/weather/weather-blog-buffalo-bills-vs-kansas-city-chiefs-weather-forecast

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think it was after the San Fran game (in Arizona).  Josh commented how great it felt ...the spin of the ball leaving his hand, and how much he was in a zone inside that stadium.  

At that moment i realized we are doomed in weather games.  DOOMED!!!!

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

It appears that it effected the Ravens more so in our last game in which they failed to score a touchdown through four quarters, but yeah, the Bills.... 🙄 

The ravens moved the ball better than we did.  They had more passing yards and 5x as many rushing yards.  33% more total yards. More first downs.  33% more ToP.

one pick six is why we won.  True story.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

The ravens moved the ball better than we did.  They had more passing yards and 5x as many rushing yards.  33% more total yards. More first downs.  33% more ToP.

one pick six is why we won.  True story.  

And Indy was the first team in playoff history to have 450+ yards and Zero turnovers... and lose the game.

Hence why i feel like we are playing with house money this weekend. enjoy the ride.

• Like (+1) 1