Weather is the Bills kryptonite....

36 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We had weather that affected offenses in a few games this year imo.

L Vs Chiefs-  chiefs 466 yards to 206-  our offense did nothing all game

W vs pats-  pats 349 yards to 339-  we decided to run the entire game, only 19 passes.  It worked because the pats front 7 was the worst in football. Diggs was the only wr to do anything.  Zimmer forced fumble won the game for us.

W vs steelers-  bills 334 yards to 224-  advantage bills.  The Steelers run game is worse than ours- they suffered more.  Steelers missing, Bush, Dupree and Haden.  Pick 6 turned the game

W vs ravens-  ravens 340 yards to 220-  our offense was stagnant minus 2 drives.  Pick six turned the game.  

3 wins-  all clinched by monumental defensive plays. 

think what you like.  I know what I see.  Our offense suffering and looking nothing like the offense that we want to run when the weather isn’t ideal.  

Our offense and defense, (our team) out performed those other offenses and defenses (their teams) in adverse weather. Could it have been better ? sure, but you can pick points in just about any game to say that. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Where are you seeing this?  I'm still seeing between 40-50% chance or rain.

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/mo/kansas-city/39.09,-94.56/date/2021-1-24

shows lower winds * mph and higher rain chance 34% .. but only .01 in per hr which is a very light and limited drizzle at best

this one has the lower probability of rain, but perhaps they are taking into account the minute amount

http://www.nflweather.com/en/game/2020/ conf-championships/bills-at-chiefs

5 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Our offense and defense, (our team) out performed those other offenses and defenses (their teams) in adverse weather. Could it have been better ? sure, but you can pick points in just about any game to say that. 

This team is a super bowl contender because of Josh Allen and our offense.  Bad weather has a big impact on his effectiveness. Bad weather the tendency to have a negative impact on the passing game more than the running game.  We don’t have a good running game. When the weather takes away our pass, it makes us just another team. 

Just because a team wins, doesn’t mean that they outperformed the opposition.  We certainly didn’t outperform the colts. We won though.  I don’t think we outperformed the Patriots in the first meeting.  We won though. Did we really outperform the ravens? Maybe.  Idk.  Looked pretty even to me. The difference being one huge play.  

compare those games to both Miami games (vs the best secondary in the league), Rams (top D), Raiders Denver, SF, Arizona, seattle, @NE.  When our passing O is firing on all cylinders, we’re the best team in the league.  Weather impacts our O in a bad way.  

you disagree. I get it 👍🏻

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 2

I think most QB's, including Josh, have stated that rain and wind are what can bother them.  

Cold and snow typically aren't an issue for passing offenses, provided the QB isn't a southern/indoor guy who can't handle it.  

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think I saw Josh Allen talk about weather last week and said rain affects him more than snow. He likes snow, doesn't like rain. He throws better in snow. 

So I guess a light rain could be a problem. 

If our offense can't operate effectively in light rain, then we have a major QB problem. Not a weather problem. 

22 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/mo/kansas-city/39.09,-94.56/date/2021-1-24

shows lower winds * mph and higher rain chance 34% .. but only .01 in per hr which is a very light and limited drizzle at best

this one has the lower probability of rain, but perhaps they are taking into account the minute amount

http://www.nflweather.com/en/game/2020/ conf-championships/bills-at-chiefs

I really hope it holds off.  I am going to hate a rain game.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

This team is a super bowl contender because of Josh Allen and our offense.  Bad weather has a big impact on his effectiveness. Bad weather the tendency to have a negative impact on the passing game more than the running game.  We don’t have a good running game. When the weather takes away our pass, it makes us just another team. 

Just because a team win wins doesn’t mean that they outperformed the opposition.  We certainly didn’t outperform the colts. We won though.  I don’t think we outperformed the Patriots in the first meeting.  We won though. Did we really outperform the ravens? Maybe.  Idk.  Liked pretty even to me. The difference being one huge play.  

compare those games to both Miami games (vs the best secondary in the league), Rams (top D), Raiders Denver, SF, Arizona, seattle, @NE.  When our passing O is firing on all cylinders, we’re the best team in the league.  Weather impacts our O in a bad way.  

you disagree. I get it 👍🏻

👍🍺🍺🍺

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah their other local station said the same thing.  Cloudy all day, pockets of drizzle and rain until about midnight where it's going to start the heavier rain.

I think the wind makes more of an impact than the rain. I mean if it's just a little rain and not a down pour that is.