Weather is the Bills kryptonite....

4 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Retractable would be ideal.  A lot of beautiful fall days for football, heck even Indy game was sunny and pleasant in January.

The problem is even retractable roof stadiums don't open very far so it still feels indoors. The best stadium I think is US Bank in Minneapolis. Glass roof allows plenty of natural light. While the walls open to allow the breeze to flow through.

6 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Bad games by the Bills (particularly Allen & the Offense) this year all were weather affected.

1. Tennessee - Rain & some wind

2. KC - Wind & Rain

3. NE Wind & scared to throw

4. Baltimore - High winds

So yes looking at the weather will be a daily pre-occupation.

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/mo/kansas-city/date/2021-1-24

Only 6 more days....

In the 4 games you cited, we're 2-2. Not exactly what I would call "kryptonite".

Didn't Allen struggle against Tennessee and KC because of the injury he got against Vegas? I recall Matt Hasselbeck saying he suffered the same injury and it effected his mechanics, causing him to miss high on a lot of throws. Saw the same thing with Josh during that time. And surely they had to tweak the game plan to accommodate his injury. 

Last I heard, mild day in the 30s or 40s with light winds this Sunday. Obviously that could change so we'll see. 

7 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Bad games by the Bills (particularly Allen & the Offense) this year all were weather affected.

2. KC - Wind & Rain

Only 6 more days....

2-2 not bad....  Buffalo will do what they gotta do.  KC is the easiest defense Buffalo has played in over a month.  

15 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

2. KC - Wind & Rain

Only 6 more days....

1.  Josh injured and schedule shenanigans. 

2.  Ditto.

3.  Don't remember.

4.  Good defense and trio of top 15 corners.

Chill.

15 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's a no-brainer Terry needs to build a dome when it's time to replace Bills Stadium. We're not an in-the-trenches team anymore.

They should have already broken ground on a dome. These next 6-8 years will be Josh's prime. The novelty of snow/rain/wind games is over. Not even Josh and his canon enjoy playing in it. And the stats don't lie. Get that dome started.

7 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

2.  Ditto.

3.  Don't remember.

Chill.

Yes I know it was scheduling shenanigans, however weather did not help.  

The forecast was high winds (reports were it was not bad) and NE was without Gilmore and still threw only 18 times, running too much (though well) and kept NE in the game.  As we saw game 2 vs. NE, passing works better.....

Again 4 was wind related, making long passes impossible (thus couldn't stretch the field).  I will also say Beasley & Davis were invisible.

On to KC & hoping for good weather as the Bills will need to score 30+ I think.

8 hours ago, zow2 said:

as if tonight. 47% chance rain during sunday’s game but temps will be balmy for this time of year, low 40’s to high 30’s.  winds look decent 5-10mph.   

I've seen some forecasts with 80% chance of rains.  The only hope I see at this point is it comes late night.  I took a look at a local report and prediction right now is the rain doesn't come until the 4th.  We need to score early!

Well last week they came out and still threw 21 times in a row which I think probably gave them better odds than banging their heads against the wall trying to run. Yes your percentages may not look great but you are going to hit on some and Allen completed some big passes. In short you cannot fear the weather unless it’s a 2017 Colt game type storm where you have no other choice .

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I've seen some forecasts with 80% chance of rains.  The only hope I see at this point is it comes late night.  I took a look at a local report and prediction right now is the rain doesn't come until the 4th.  We need to score early!

Yes my daily update.....  More like 40-45% chance of rain and very little.  Winds 7mph....

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/ec41724d7413d97bfb674275be79df322b42ed2eee88b2bc3772dec038a60bad

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/mo/kansas-city

23 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

2. KC - Wind & Rain

Only 6 more days....

KC was not bad weather. There was a mist for about about 5 minutes then it dried up. Mahomes was 21/26. You can’t call weather a factor when the other guy competed passes at a clip of 80%.

For TN I checked the weather for the classic 5pm, Wednesday night match up. The high was like 85, zero rain, and about 3mph winds and 70 degrees during the game. 

I get it, Allen had some clunkers for a stretch, and we would assume better production out of such a strong armed QB in weather than we have have gotten. But largely he has played VERY WELL all year. Bad games happen. We can’t just look back and go “bad game weather must have been bad” because that isn’t true. It’s foolish. 

Our offense isn’t nearly as effective in bad weather.  Not sure why anyone would argue.  If this offense were to be able to choose the stadium/conditions, they’d pick a dome 100/100 times.  

Yes, josh was injured for the titans and chiefs game. It probably affected his passing.  He was fine last week.  The weather destroyed his long passes.  He wasn’t even close on the plays that make us much more dangerous than just about every other team. 

8 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

2.  Ditto.

3.  Don't remember.

Chill.

Did the corners cause Josh to overthrow every deep ball by 25 yards?  Maybe Josh overthrew Diggs by 20 yards when he had his man burned by 15 yards.....those ravens corners have the ability make up ground in a hurry.....

if you guys don’t think that bad weather has a bigger effect on our team due to our offense being 75% pass based and that our run game is sometimes inept, I don’t know what you’re looking at.  It’s obvious to all of my non bills fans friends.  It’s obvious to me.  

I don’t agree with much that the OP writes in this site, but he’s not wrong here.

32 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The forecasts have been a little different with some.  They all seem to say there is rain coming, just have to hope it it's later in the evening.  

30 minutes ago, Mango said:

KC was not bad weather. There was a mist for about about 5 minutes then it dried up. Mahomes was 21/26. You can’t call weather a factor when the other guy competed passes at a clip of 80%.

For TN I checked the weather for the classic 5pm, Wednesday night match up. The high was like 85, zero rain, and about 3mph winds and 70 degrees during the game. 

I get it, Allen had some clunkers for a stretch, and we would assume better production out of such a strong armed QB in weather than we have have gotten. But largely he has played VERY WELL all year. Bad games happen. We can’t just look back and go “bad game weather must have been bad” because that isn’t true. It’s foolish. 

It rained before the Titans game and stopped several hours before game time.  The field was dry by kickoff.  In the second quarter, it started to sprinkle for about 5 or so minutes.  Then never came back.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Our offense isn’t nearly as effective in bad weather.  Not sure why anyone would argue.  If this offense were to be able to choose the stadium/conditions, they’d pick a dome 100/100 times.  

Yes, josh was injured for the titans and chiefs game. It probably affected his passing.  He was fine last week.  The weather destroyed his long passes.  He wasn’t even close on the plays that make us much more dangerous than just about every other team. 

Did the corners cause Josh to overthrow every deep ball by 25 yards?  Maybe Josh overthrew Diggs by 20 yards when he had his man burned by 15 yards.....those ravens corners have the ability make up ground in a hurry.....

if you guys don’t think that bad weather has a bigger effect on our team due to our offense being 75% pass based and that our run game is sometimes inept, I don’t know what you’re looking at.  It’s obvious to all of my non bills fans friends.  It’s obvious to me.  

I don’t agree with much that the OP writes in this site, but he’s not wrong here.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.....🤣

28 minutes ago, Mango said:

We must have been watching different games.  Rain was pretty heavy vs. KC & wind.  

• Like (+1) 2