Weather is the Bills kryptonite....

Well imo when the weather is a factor they need to hit the shorter routes, a few dink and dunk plays. It makes it hard for both teams that happen to be playing in the bad weather.

I think some may think it effects the Bills more maybe because Josh goes for those chunk plays alot which obviously requires more air under the ball. Hopefully wind/rain/snow won't be a factor this Sunday.

49 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I think this Bills have no running game thing is a lot like the Bills have no run defense thing.

Singletary is not some 3.2 ypc career runner. He’s an average NFL running back and capable of 4.0 ypc plus. Same with Yeldon.

Where the running game has consistently looked bad is on 3rd-1 and 4th-1 where this line gets no push and the Bills lose yards every time.

I agree with other fans that state the Bills need to run a smidge more for this game, but I still expect a 75/25, 80/20 pass-run ratio. Daboll has said many times that they trust Allen with the ball in his hands and that’s where they want that ball to stay. 

For sure Daboll and McDermott are thinking about every scenario and combing through every bit of game film to see where the advantages lie.

Agreed.

Run defense is effort and technique.   Success in the running game is about blocking.

You can get players at DT and RB that give you a bit of an extra edge in those areas but at what expense?

A DT not being athletic enough to rush the passer AT ALL or chase a Cam Newton down from behind and strip the ball out of his hands to save a game?

Or a RB who is just good enough to tempt the play caller to take the ball out of the hands of a QB who is getting 9 yards per pass attempt in a game?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Here's my thoughts on a dome...

They played football in middle school and high school... outdoors.  They played football in college - most likely outdoors (at least likely the majority of games).  Why do they move to all indoor games in the pros?  It's an outdoor game, its played in the fall and winter, and the fans tend to like that weather aspect of it.

Football was never meant to be played into late January.  The NFL created that conundrum.  

And yes the more it is a passing game, the more weather affects it.

Regular season, sure let weather have some effect, but don't want that for the Championship or a Superbowl.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Bad games by the Bills (particularly Allen & the Offense) this year all were weather affected.

1. Tennessee - Rain & some wind

2. KC - Wind & Rain

3. NE Wind & scared to throw

4. Baltimore - High winds

So yes looking at the weather will be a daily pre-occupation.

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/mo/kansas-city/date/2021-1-24

Only 6 more days....

I don't even have to read the responses, you're just right.

Allen even stated how comfortable he is & how much control he has when throwing while playing in a dome. And it's painfully obvious our offense just doesn't play well in the conditions, especially now that we don't have a dynamic back to pound the ball. 

Either that, or Allen gets nervous playing in front of fans & falters under the pressure.

6 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I don't even have to read the responses, you're just right.

Allen even stated how comfortable he is & how much control he has when throwing while playing in a dome. And it's painfully obvious our offense just doesn't play well in the conditions, especially now that we don't have a dynamic back to pound the ball. 

Either that, or Allen gets nervous playing in front of fans & falters under the pressure.

Yes so the title of the thread was a little "overblown".....  Clickbait......😉

We have a QB & offense that I want to see playing in ideal conditions. 

A little wind & cooler weather okay....  Rain & high winds are an issue.... 

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Bad games by the Bills (particularly Allen & the Offense) this year all were weather affected.

2. KC - Wind & Rain

Only 6 more days....

Tenny and KC.  Josh was injured and wearing a shoulder brace that affected his throwing motion. That is a FACT. 

NE and Baltimore ---  the BILLS WON!!! 

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

2. KC - Wind & Rain

Only 6 more days....

And we won by 14 against the Ravens. 

HUGE HOLE in your argument. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You really think passing and high scoring offenses are a temporary trend in the NFL?:lol:

The players will be wearing flags and playing with a nerf ball before they go back to ground and pound, dude..........mom's just ain't signing their kids up for that game anymore.

Indoors is the new outdoors.

Having an adequate/complimentary run game will always be a thing. Your take is a bit sensational.

14 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

And we won by 14 against the Ravens. 

HUGE HOLE in your argument. 

That ^^ 

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I'm only worried about 300+ yards passing.....  Didn't reach it in any of the those games.....😉

LOL  Dude  seriously  300 yard game? 

By December 19 2020 --- Josh Allen has marked seventh 300-yard game this season, tying Drew Bledsoe's franchise record seven games in 2002.

How many years of QB;s did we have just to SNIFF a 300 yard game?   QB's 3, 4, 5?  - Years 3, 10, 18?

he has 8 now 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/9/13/21435242/josh-allen-with-the-first-regulation-300-yard-passing-game-by-a-buffalo-bills-qb-since-2014

The last Bills player to do it multiple times in a season was Kyle Orton in 2014!  He did it three times

42 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes so the title of the thread was a little "overblown".....  Clickbait......😉

We have a QB & offense that I want to see playing in ideal conditions. 

A little wind & cooler weather okay....  Rain & high winds are an issue.... 

I vote for not babying the league even further. Plenty of great teams play in outdoor stadiums. Pats, Packers, Steelers, Ravens, Chiefs, Seahawks. These are all areas that get cold/wet weather. Bills aren't even technically the worst weather stadium historically, although they probably get the weirdest winds.

They should build a new open-air stadium that is just engineered in a way that diminishes swirly winds. That can be elegantly done while reducing costs in relation to a domed stadium.

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

That ^^ 

LOL  Dude  seriously  300 yard game? 

By December 19 2020 --- Josh Allen has marked seventh 300-yard game this season, tying Drew Bledsoe's franchise record seven games in 2002.

How many years of QB;s did we have just to SNIFF a 300 yard game?   QB's 3, 4, 5?  - Years 3, 10, 18?

he has 8 now 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/9/13/21435242/josh-allen-with-the-first-regulation-300-yard-passing-game-by-a-buffalo-bills-qb-since-2014

The last Bills player to do it multiple times in a season was Kyle Orton in 2014!  He did it three times

It was a joke, as some here seemed more obsessed that I continually opined that they couldn't throw for 300 yards (all of 2017-19).  

But yes I think they'll need to score on Sunday and pass for a lot of yards.

What is incredible is how KC has been flirting every game with losing, yet keep pulling them out.  Last 8 wins by 6 or less....

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

It was a joke, as some here seemed more obsessed that I continually opined that they couldn't throw for 300 yards (all of 2017-19).  

But yes I think they'll need to score on Sunday and pass for a lot of yards.

What is incredible is how KC has been flirting every game with losing, yet keep pulling them out.  Last 8 wins by 6 or less....

Your jokes seem to fall flat.  maybe hint at sarcasm?  

I mocked Tyrod Taylor for years for his lack of 300 yard games.  The one he had was in OT against Miami and he had the ball twice in OT to get it ans still lost.

I even said that I wanted 300 yard games when EJ was playing (and caught trash for it here) EJ was close to 300 yards a few times.

Josh Allen - 

Career Win Loss record - 28-15.

The last 2 season record - 23-8.   

The seasons 13-3 EIGHT  300 yard games

Last season 10-5* --  ZERO  300 yard games  - * they sat starters in week 17

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Your jokes seem to fall flat.  maybe hint at sarcasm?  

I mocked Tyrod Taylor for years for his lack of 300 yard games.  The one he had was in OT against Miami and he had the ball twice in OT to get it ans still lost.

I even said that I wanted 300 yard games when EJ was playing (and caught trash for it here) EJ was close to 300 yards a few times.

Josh Allen - 

Career Win Loss record - 28-15.

The last 2 season record - 23-8.   

The seasons 13-3 EIGHT  300 yard games

Last season 10-5* --  ZERO  300 yard games  - * they sat starters in week 17

To go three full seasons without a 300 yard game is unheard of in the NFL.  Somehow Buffalo managed that.

The only team not to do it this year were the Ravens.

3 hours ago, gordong said:

not 100% true, Josh is on record saying he does like a wet ball.... he said we would rather it was snowing that raining.    

I am not sure that is 100% accurate...

I was looking for the right Allen interview and there are so many now, but what I heard him say was that he does not mind cold and snow, if it is the cold and powder variety. Wyoming had a lot of near 0 or below zero weather and drifting snow and If you live in a cold area you know the different kinds of snow weather I am talking about - when it is so cold that snow is more powder and the ice gets sticky.

Maybe someone can locate that interview.

He said the ball comes off his hands really well in that, but he said he did not like wet conditions and I think that probably includes sloppy sleet and snow conditions too. This is likely consistent with most QBs as the ball gets heavier when it gets wet and can be a bit more difficult to throw. The positive out of that is that it should affect both teams in regards to passing.

I have to admit that with all the weapons Allen has it is a bit more fun when he can easily sling the ball around, but it is what it is.