Weather is the Bills kryptonite....

35 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Making an observation that is bared out by facts.

The wind has affected Allen as it seemed so did the rain vs. Tenn & KC (yes slight injury too).

I'd rather weather is not a factor (or excuse) on Sunday.

Thought it was a significant factor vs. Baltimore.

Looks okay Sunday.

Looks like there might be rain in the forecast..

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Yeesh, the weather in KC this Sunday sounds very similar to our first game w them.  

I see 40% and low winds, which seems fine.  

23 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Josh has improved his weaknesses every year.

Do you think he, Daboll and Diggs haven’t already discussed working on this?

It's a weakness with most QB's (bad weather), however it really affects the Bills offence more at this point.

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

It's a weakness with most QB's (bad weather), however it really affects the Bills offence more at this point.

When you were conducting your research, how did you control for all possible variables, other than weather, to reach this conclusion?

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I see 40% and low winds, which seems fine.  

I think the Baltimore game was more of an 'underestimating how bad the wind would be' type scenario...we probably expected the ravens to come out and play a lot of man and blitz like they usually do which would give us lots of single coverage deep shots but that one open look diggs had where the ball got blown 10 yards to the right was a wakeup call for both teams...second half we were focusing on short to intermediate routes and having success

13 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

When you were conducting your research, how did you control for all possible variables, other than weather, to reach this conclusion?

Yea im not sure it affected us more...we could really load up on the run because lamar isn't a great passer in even normal conditions but the threat of him passing  is certainly there in decent weather

I think our first matchup with kc and the ten game was more about Josh's injury

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think the Baltimore game was more of an 'underestimating how bad the wind would be' type scenario...we probably expected the ravens to come out and play a lot of man and blitz like they usually do which would give us lots of single coverage deep shots but that one open look diggs had where the ball got blown 10 yards to the right was a wakeup call for both teams...second half we were focusing on short to intermediate routes and having success

As much as the weather was a factor - the game flow in the 2nd half was very strange.  Buffalo drove down and scored to go up 7 - ran almost 6 minutes off the clock.  Baltimore drove down and threw a pick 6 to go down 14 - but also ran almost 9 minutes off the clock. 

Buffalo then got the ball at the start of the 4th quarter and ran another 5 minutes off the clock.  They ended up punting as they were in a poor down and distance in baltimore territory - but up 14.  The 1st and 2nd down calls had nothing to do with wind - the QB sweep was snuffed out and the mckenzie pass didn't work.  Next possession they were in FG territory and tried to run clock.  But this is a successful possession in a 2 score game - no points, 5 minutes off the clock, pinned them at the 10. 

If baltimore had scored on any of their 2nd half possessions i think buffalo's offense is opened up a bit more.  But they didn't

Edited by dneveu
  • Like (+1) 4

Weather is an issue only because we don't run the ball well...and our defense had struggled.  

Defense much better now so it's even play ground this weekend. 

And on O...more designed QB runs is what I expect to soften them up regardless of weather and a short passing game. 

I think this Bills have no running game thing is a lot like the Bills have no run defense thing.

Singletary is not some 3.2 ypc career runner. He’s an average NFL running back and capable of 4.0 ypc plus. Same with Yeldon.

Where the running game has consistently looked bad is on 3rd-1 and 4th-1 where this line gets no push and the Bills lose yards every time.

I agree with other fans that state the Bills need to run a smidge more for this game, but I still expect a 75/25, 80/20 pass-run ratio. Daboll has said many times that they trust Allen with the ball in his hands and that’s where they want that ball to stay. 

For sure Daboll and McDermott are thinking about every scenario and combing through every bit of game film to see where the advantages lie.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Bad games by the Bills (particularly Allen & the Offense) this year all were weather affected.

1. Tennessee - Rain & some wind

2. KC - Wind & Rain

3. NE Wind & scared to throw

4. Baltimore - High winds

So yes looking at the weather will be a daily pre-occupation.

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/mo/kansas-city/date/2021-1-24

Only 6 more days....

1, 2 & 3 from your list were the games followed the Raiders game and this

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

It seems unlikely that they'll dump a ton of money into the new one. 

A lot of soccer stadiums do the half-roof thing. A trend that never developed in the states, but seems applicable to Buffalo. It's cheaper, but still gives the fans some protection from the elements. I don't think temporary trends in how the team plays factor into the new stadium discussions.

You really think passing and high scoring offenses are a temporary trend in the NFL?:lol:

The players will be wearing flags and playing with a nerf ball before they go back to ground and pound, dude..........mom's just ain't signing their kids up for that game anymore.

Indoors is the new outdoors.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Bad games by the Bills (particularly Allen & the Offense) this year all were weather affected.

1. Tennessee - Rain & some wind

2. KC - Wind & Rain

3. NE Wind & scared to throw

4. Baltimore - High winds

So yes looking at the weather will be a daily pre-occupation.

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/mo/kansas-city/date/2021-1-24

Only 6 more days....

Weather is kryptonite because you wouldn't be entertained  by the hampered offensive output ?

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

You really think passing and high scoring offenses are a temporary trend in the NFL?:lol:

The players will be wearing flags and playing with a nerf ball before they go back to ground and pound, dude..........mom's just ain't signing their kids up for that game anymore.

Indoors is the new outdoors.

Why would anyone want to be comfortable watching a football game live????

1 minute ago, prissythecat said:

Weather is kryptonite because you wouldn't be entertained  by the hampered offensive output ?

The Bills are best when the weather is not a factor.  As a Bills fan, damn right I want it in their favour Sunday....

And yep I want a return to 30+ points....  May need 40.....

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Why would anyone want to be comfortable watching a football game live????

The Bills are best when the weather is not a factor.  As a Bills fan, damn right I want it in their favour Sunday....

And yep I want a return to 30+ points....  May need 40.....

Here's my thoughts on a dome...

They played football in middle school and high school... outdoors.  They played football in college - most likely outdoors (at least likely the majority of games).  Why do they move to all indoor games in the pros?  It's an outdoor game, its played in the fall and winter, and the fans tend to like that weather aspect of it.

Actually, bad weather at home Bills playoffs games has historically been our ally, definitely not our kryptonite.

Including this year.

No reason why the weather shouldn't impact US as much as, or more than, our opponents, but it has never really worked out that way.