It appears Bills FO may remain intact for 2021

YoloinOhio

This is good for the Bills, keeping the band together should pay dividends for Bills fans

2 hours ago, Beast said:

Just spit-balling, but with how close the Bills seem to be as a team, do you think the offense will feel disrespected that their boy Daboll didn't get a HC gig and come out absolutely on fire this Sunday?

I hope they do that.    But the same could be said for Bienemy too

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

I don't care who's running the show, but whoever it is, make damn sure to do whatever it takes to draft a big, fata** DT that can clog the middle, and then draft every decent RB available lol

I'd add a TE also, or get one in FA. But yeah, got to get a little more help on the DL. Would add another LB also for security due to Milano who likley misses time with injuries

5 hours ago, Beast said:

Just spit-balling, but with how close the Bills seem to be as a team, do you think the offense will feel disrespected that their boy Daboll didn't get a HC gig and come out absolutely on fire this Sunday?

I mean they've all been pretty clear on not wanting him to go though seemingly expecting it. But honestly I'm sure they can talk themselves into it if they want to use it as motivation.

With Daboll sticking around this year, I feel like our window will be open for awhile.  

Gotta love that.  With some contenders, they truly are built to "win now," literally.  I feel like this could be the start of a real run.

But, I also thought Trent Edwards was the future, Orton could win a Super Bowl, and Peterman would have an awesome debut.  So, there's that.

• Haha (+1) 1

If this end up being true the good thing is that it gives the organization a full year to "in-house train" any possible replacements

for any of the Big 3 that might leave next year.

Give a guy like Dorsey a chance to be part of everything Daboll does to see if he can pick up the OC duties instead of going

out of the house for another OC as an example.  Same with Babich (whose done it before) another shot at DC.

5 hours ago, Beast said:

Let's hope so. Please tell them this so there's a chance. 

I'm glad the FO and the coaching staff will be able to remain consistent and stable since this is the first year of real, significant success. However, as with any successful organization in any industry or profession, I have to believe McD and Beane have already planned for how succession will occur when certain key personnel take their next steps in their career. 

When Beane took over, it became really apparent that he had a knack for attracting quality talent at all levels and then as the seasons have gone on, that he can retrain them as well. Those are two different capacities for excellence and so far, he's demonstrated proficiency in both. Now, the next will be can he - and to a similar extent McDermott - identify and mentor the secondary layer of leadership so as to continue their success even in the face of promotions, retirements, etc. That, in my mind, will close the loop in bringing clarity to the capabilities of the organization and how far they've come as a franchise. JMO

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Now, the next will be can he - and to a similar extent McDermott - identify and mentor the secondary layer of leadership so as to continue their success even in the face of promotions, retirements, etc. That, in my mind, will close the loop in bringing clarity to the capabilities of the organization and how far they've come as a franchise. JMO

I think that's the thing that really got Pederson fired. He had a great staff there then they got jobs elsewhere and they couldn't replace those guys fast enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Can we please call them Washington instead of WFT....that abbreviation always makes me pause; and giggle. 😉

I totally agree ... but I didn't know if I should give you a LOL or Agree emoji.

Going deep into the playoffs pays off. Couldnt get the interviews done and teams wanted to make moves.

Plus, I think it's a good thing for all the prospects on the Bills staff. They'll be in a much better negotiating position next year when "Super Bowl Champ" is on their resume.

edit: Now I'm worried about losing Dorsey to an OC position on one of these new staffs, and then not having an heir apparent for when Daboll leaves next year.

My selling point to Dorsey to get him to stay is, the Bills OC spot will be a regular gravy train to HC opportunities. If he goes to OC on a new staff for a crappy team now, it's likely that staff is canned in a few years and then he's going backwards in his career.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

6 hours ago, Beast said:

No, but I think this defense comes out pissed off that Leslie Frazier is still their DC.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Can we please call them Washington instead of WFT....that abbreviation always makes me pause; and giggle. 😉

This is a good point. How about a compromise? Maybe...”The WFT formerly known as the Redskins”. 🙌

20 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

No, but I think this defense comes out pissed off that Leslie Frazier is still their DC.

🤣

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I mean they've all been pretty clear on not wanting him to go though seemingly expecting it. But honestly I'm sure they can talk themselves into it if they want to use it as motivation.

Yeah, they pretty much should have the motivation they need already. It was just a thought that went through my mind.

It is shocking that the Bills success (playoffs 3 of the 4 seasons and this crazy run this season) has not resulted in much organizational poaching. Typically when a team comes off of 10 and 13 win seasons with a young monster QB some people get poached for other organizations. So to see the core of the front office and coaching staff coming back after a 13 win season that came off a 10 win season is amazing and a huge positive. Hopefully this team is able to retain most of the players.