Chiefs Walter Payton M.O.T.Y. Prospect

MClem06

Tyreek Hill -  how is it that no further question was asked about pushing his coach??? This guy has a proven history of violence and doesn’t deserve to be playing in the NFL.  His stories of abuse of his wife and breaking his 3 year olds arm are all I needed to see... should have been a misconduct suspension on the push.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyreek_Hill under personal life if you are so inclined to learn more about the abuse this model citizen has dealt out.

• Shocked 1

Wow, is he?

I mean, the organization surely looks bad to draft him and continue to support him after she has proven to be such a lousy person, but this makes the other 52 guys on the roster look really bad, too, that Tyreek was the best candidate that they could muster.

Gross.

Dont use the Walter Peyton MotY award to try to rehabilitate your scumbag player's reputations, just because you are willing to compromise your organization's morals in pursuit of a win.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m confused.  Kelsey was the Chiefs man of the year fir the Chiefs.  If you’re just saying he is a bad guy, you’re right.  This caption is confusing.  Why don’t you just say he’s been convicted of domestic abuse, and the Chiefs should drop him.

I don’t condone his behavior in anyway.  Anyone who could hurt a spouse or child should be in jail.

• Like (+1) 3

If this is true (Tyreek is their Man of the Year) there’s a thing called “change”. He may have acted irresponsible in the past but is now an honorable person. 

For instance, five years ago I hacked into the Two Bills Drive software and changed my monthly subscription from $29.99 to $2.99. Yeah, I’m saving $26 /month for the premium account but I offset my bad behavior with valuable content I provide. So people do change. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1. Tyreek Hill is not the Chiefs Man Of The Year.

2. Yes, he has allegedly committed two crimes. One in 2014 before he was drafted and one in 2019.

3. The Chiefs actually run a great organization. The fans are great and they keep their players in check. If you remember, when they had Kareem Hunt (a budding superstar on a rookie contract) and he kicked a woman, they cut him immediately.

If this thread is about Tyreek Hill, fine. However, I feel like you're trying to make this about the Chiefs organization.

Are the Bills a terrible organization because they did literally nothing when LeSean McCoy kept getting in trouble?

Lets make this week about enjoying the hype and not stirring up reasons to "hate" the other team.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

The NFL is a forgiving place. Myles Garrett was the Browns “man of the year” and one year ago he tried to decapitate a player and then slandered him. One year later he’s a model citizen.   

It's funny how the really good players always receive the most forgiveness.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, MClem06 said:

Tyreek Hill -  how is it that no further question was asked about pushing his coach??? This guy has a proven history of violence and doesn’t deserve to be playing in the NFL.  His stories of abuse of his wife and breaking his 3 year olds arm are all I needed to see... should have been a misconduct suspension on the push.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyreek_Hill under personal life if you are so inclined to learn more about the abuse this model citizen has dealt out.

is this for real? Apparently, teams just nominate their worst guys now. 

7 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

was Walter Payton a great man?

Actually no,. not at all.

He cheated, was on drugs that created or help create his live problems.  Then when he was waiting to get a transplant pulled some strings and tried to jump the line, i dont recall the specifics.

The entire Walter Payton Man of the Year thing always bothered me.

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

He cheated, was on drugs that created or help create his live problems.  Then when he was waiting to get a transplant pulled some strings and tried to jump the line, i dont recall the specifics.

I recall hearing some of that.

12 hours ago, MClem06 said:

Tyreek Hill -  how is it that no further question was asked about pushing his coach???

Because most people saw it for what it was, an intense but jovial moment in the heat of the game. He didnt attack the coach, any more than Josh beaning Diggs with a ball during warmups is attacking Diggs. It's football. Grow up and get some thicker skin.

53 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Amen. Rename it the OJ Simpson Man of the Year Award.  OJ was a better back and never cheated.