Do you like the term “Bills Mafia”?

Lionel Hutz

Bills Mafia   

394 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like using the term Bills Mafia?

• Yes
    • No

54 minutes ago, soldier said:

I truly dislike the term.  I live in Wisconsin, a few years ago a when I went to the Bills/Packers game.  A Packer fan came up to me and started asking me if I was a member of the Bills Mafia and if jump through tables like the people on in the internet do.  I told him no and he kept following me anyways.  Hell, he only stopped following me because he saw someone wearing a OJ Simpson jersey and began to bug him.  However, I do agree that this term is not going away.  It has given the  people that use the term notoriety, through the players using it and members of the media using it.  I'm really not sure why every fan base needs a pet nickname for themselves (The Dawg Pound, Ravens Flock, Cheeseheads, Gang Green, etc..).  

thats says way more about the weirdo following  you than it does the bills mafia name.... pretty easy to see that.

i was also at that game. funny story... the dude beside my wife and i was so freaking drunk he called us minnesota the whole game. no joke. alllll game. what a memory.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Billionaires aren’t supposed to be trying to make money? Is there a salary cap? 

Right over your head... 

• Like (+1) 1

Some of you need to lighten up...in no way are people associating Bills Mafia with the actual Mafia, which by the way isn't really a major thing anymore anyways. Thats like saying you are offended by the Minnesota Vikings name because Vikings once killed/pillaged your ancestral families land. Lol, its just a name. A vast majority of people, players, staff members embrace it and welcome it. Everyone here just seems grumpy

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think of billsmafia as  being a branch of bills fans.  If bills fans were the military, you have the air force in the expensive box seats, and the navy taking up the prime location season tickets.  The Army is getting whiskey drunk before the game watching/occasionally participating with the Marines in munching on crayons and jumping through tables.

Once the domed stadium is built, the corporate types will take over with wine and cheese tastings instead of bowling ball shots.  Look for 'Buffalo Now!' as the name.  Table diving replaced by business card exchange networking meetings prior to games, and those will be strictly electronic.  It will be like when Sam sold 'Cheers' to the corporation. 😳

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo ill said:

I think of billsmafia as  being a branch of bills fans.  If bills fans were the military, you have the air force in the expensive box seats, and the navy taking up the prime location season tickets.  The Army is getting whiskey drunk before the game watching/occasionally participating with the Marines in munching on crayons and jumping through tables.

That's how it started, now it is generic to the entire Bills fan base, much as 31 other teams are _____ Nation.

7 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

Some of you need to lighten up...in no way are people associating Bills Mafia with the actual Mafia, which by the way isn't really a major thing anymore anyways. Thats like saying you are offended by the Minnesota Vikings name because Vikings once killed/pillaged your ancestral families land. Lol, its just a name. A vast majority of people, players, staff members embrace it and welcome it. Everyone here just seems grumpy

I agree. But the term was mostly used to describe the drunk table jumpers not the fan base that could pack away stadiums and donate hundreds of thousands of dollars. As I said above, maybe it’s changing.