Do you like the term “Bills Mafia”?

Lionel Hutz

Bills Mafia   

394 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like using the term Bills Mafia?

• Yes
    • No

15 minutes ago, TailgateChef said:

Exactly.  Someday the moniker will become stale.  I'll still be at the Stadium on Sundays.

Wonder if we'll ever bring back "the Bickering Bills".  Remember that one?

I’d prefer “Cardiac Kids” if one had to make a return ;)

I hated the term at first.   We don't sell drugs, don't kill people.   We're mostly not even Italian.   What does mafia have to do with Bill's fans???

But I've come to accept it.   And its cool to see the expression 'Bill's Mafia" developing/

earning some positive connotations.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, soldier said:

I truly dislike the term.  I live in Wisconsin, a few years ago a when I went to the Bills/Packers game.  A Packer fan came up to me and started asking me if I was a member of the Bills Mafia and if jump through tables like the people on in the internet do.  I told him no and he kept following me anyways.  Hell, he only stopped following me because he saw someone wearing a OJ Simpson jersey and began to bug him.  However, I do agree that this term is not going away.  It has given the  people that use the term notoriety, through the players using it and members of the media using it.  I'm really not sure why every fan base needs a pet nickname for themselves (The Dawg Pound, Ravens Flock, Cheeseheads, Gang Green, etc..).  

An 'Ice bowl 67' sighting!  You're  more fortunate than Jim Fowler!

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Wrong 'you're'.
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, soldier said:

I truly dislike the term.  I live in Wisconsin, a few years ago a when I went to the Bills/Packers game.  A Packer fan came up to me and started asking me if I was a member of the Bills Mafia and if jump through tables like the people on in the internet do.  I told him no and he kept following me anyways.  Hell, he only stopped following me because he saw someone wearing a OJ Simpson jersey and began to bug him.  However, I do agree that this term is not going away.  It has given the  people that use the term notoriety, through the players using it and members of the media using it.  I'm really not sure why every fan base needs a pet nickname for themselves (The Dawg Pound, Ravens Flock, Cheeseheads, Gang Green, etc..).  

It was probably IceBowl that did that.

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

An 'Ice bowl 67' sighting!  Your more fortunate than Jim Fowler!

Beat me to it!

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean it's kind of nice to have a unique identifier, but at this point the horse is out of the barn, no going back at this point.

Exactly. Of the 32 teams in the NFL, the fan bases of 31 are known as "Last name of team" Nation.

3 hours ago, Utah John said:

I like it.  It's unique to the Bills.  Other cities have a XXX Nation. (Colts Nation, Chargers Nation are two I checked actually exist, and there are more I'm sure.)

Bills Mafia suggests a strong common bond.  And we're EVERYWHERE.  I've lived in eight states and traveled in almost all of them, and whenever I wear a Bills hat or shirt I get a "Go Bills" from someone.  Even here in Alaska. 

We don't send Big Tony out to break legs, or demand protection money, and no one thinks we do, so I think the possible negative connotation is nothing to worry about.

Common bond except half the fan base doesn't identify with it thus fracturing us in this meaningless way

• Like (+1) 1

I love it for the following reasons:

1. It was organic.  No marketing team came up with this, it originated as a group of Bills fans “united” against a reporter.
  2. It symbolizes family sticking up for one another.
  3. It’s ours.  We always heard about how “Bills fans are the best” but this puts a name to it no one else can copy.
  4. The players LOVE it and have fully embraced it.

Those who don’t like it because they think it evokes thoughts of mob violence or drunks crashing through folding tables need to loosen up, in my opinion.  It is widely viewed as an endearing description of the loyalty and unity of the Bills fan base.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Not a fan.  No idea where it came from.

Well that’s a well-reasoned position to take.  Don’t bother to do any research or investigation, just REACT!   smh...

• Haha (+1) 1

I’m of 100% Italian heritage and while I don’t particularly like the term for it’s negative stereotype connotations it’s not something that keeps me up at night nor am I part of the Cancel Culture “mob”...but hey I had no problem with the Redskins either. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Sounds like advice to someone in prison with a room mate size of offense lineman named Bubba.

Solitary confinement for one please!

My brother in law nicked named me Bubba ;)

Learn to love it ;)

I understand why it’s used, but it wouldn’t be my first choice. Now that the logo has gone corporate it is no longer underground/cool. It is now a corporate tool to create more wealth for billionaires. 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I understand why it’s used, but it wouldn’t be my first choice. Now that the logo has gone corporate it is no longer underground/cool. It is now a corporate tool to create more wealth for billionaires. 

Go Bills!!!

Billionaires aren’t supposed to be trying to make money? Is there a salary cap?