I’m just penciling in Najee Harris to Buffalo in April

53 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

Sign me up... super bowl window is now and harris is a clear upgrade over our backs 

The Alabama OL doesn’t come with Harris. That’s the problem here. Our OL doesn’t open holes in the run game

We have an elite QB. There’s no reason why we should be going after RBs high. We drafted a RB in the 3rd round in back to back years and they look like #2 guys at best.

Now that we have a franchise QB, I’d rather see top picks used on fat guys that protect him or fat guys that get after the opposing QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

Ezekial elliot is a good case for this - he went from all-pro to all-crap.  What changed?  Probably the center retiring, and the 2 tackles missing the entire season injured, martin missing the final 5 weeks.  I'd even say prescott missing time harmed the run game.  

I watched a few Dallas games this year - in addition to the changes at OL, EE just looked slow to me, and seemed to have fumbleitis.  He went on and hit his wall

5 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I watched a few Dallas games this year - in addition to the changes at OL, EE just looked slow to me, and seemed to have fumbleitis.  He went on and hit his wall

He didn't keep himself in top shape this offseason and Pollard looked like the better back.  Saquan Barkley and Leonard Fournette are two other backs drafted in the top ten who haven't helped their teams reach the next level.  McCaffrey is great when he's healthy; when he's not, the entire offense falls apart.  And none of these backs are worth the premium you have to pay to draft and then re-sign them as compared to a replacement-level running back.  

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

We have two RBs who can get the job done, our problem running the ball has been 1) play calling/desire to actually establish a run game (because why would we when we are a pass first offense) and 2) the line arent great run blockers, better in pass pro. 

The call for new/more RBs needs to stop IMO 

My only counterpoint for Najee Harris is that he is an elite pass catching RB.  Pretty much the perfect fit for us.  Think a bigger Alvin Kamara. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He didn't keep himself in top shape this offseason and Pollard looked like the better back.  Saquan Barkley and Leonard Fournette are two other backs drafted in the top ten who haven't helped their teams reach the next level.  McCaffrey is great when he's healthy; when he's not, the entire offense falls apart.  And none of these backs are worth the premium you have to pay to draft and then re-sign them as compared to a replacement-level running back.  

Agreed 100%  It just feels to me like RB is even more of a crapshoot than other positions high in the draft.  It was early in my fanhood when the Vikings mortgaged their future for Herschel Walker, leading to Dallas building it's dynasty on the picks they got from MN.  Build the OL, and use a commodity RB, seems to be the winning strategy.  If Najee Harris fell into the Bills lap, at pick 32 i feel comfortable saying that he's probably BPA and Beane should sprint to the podium, but I dont want to see them packaging picks, especially since Beane has shown a genius in getting low cost depth team wide

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SCBills said:

My only counterpoint for Najee Harris is that he is an elite pass catching RB.  Pretty much the perfect fit for us.  Think a bigger Alvin Kamara. 

yea thats cool, we don't throw to RBs..both Devin and Zach are more than capable of being good pass catchers out of the backfield, and have put that on tape. Im not arguing they are better than Harris in that regard, just that we shouldn't draft someone with a skill set that we already don't use. I also don't see us using more draft capital on a position we have already invested in the past two drafts - and we aren't dressing three RB's next who don't contribute on special teams. And are we really going to cut Devin or Zach? I just don't see it. 

2 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

P.S. The Packers do have a pair of pro bowlers at tackle and OG. 

And perhaps the biggest pro bowl snub of all.... Their center, Corey Lindsey, didn’t make the pro bowl despite being a first team all pro this year. Pro Bowl fan voting is a damn joke at best. To look at that Oline honestly, it’s two first team all pros at LT & center, and a young probowler who will likely be an all pro in another couple years. Jenkins is a beast. 

To the OP. As for drafting a RB in the first.... we’re drafting 30th-32nd ATM without some trade. Harris and Etienne will likely be gone by then along with the top pass rushers. For a RB the Bills will likely be looking at guys like Javonte Williams at our draft position. Might just be better to take a lineman, DB, or LBer. Maybe we’ll get lucky and have someone like Marvin Wilson fall into our laps though. Who knows. Covid is likely to make the whole 2021 draft process unusual.

9 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Regardless what happens in the AFC title game or hopefully the Super Bowl and with Star returning to the dline after the opt out ...it’s obvious we need a little more offensive balance and I’m just going with Najee here and going to enjoy seeing him hammer on guys in the 4th quarter of close games 

@GunnerBill and I had this discussion a couple days ago in another thread.     I feel like Beane will be inclined to go "Cody Ford" again and make the mistake of reaching for a need at a position that is easy to fill........in this case running back.

It would be a mistake.

The Bills aren't playing with house money........their roster isn't that exceptional without having a top 3 QB like Allen.........they are going to have plenty of need for players at big $ positions and not a lot of cap room to spend on them going forward.

You take chances on those $15M-$20M positions early in the draft and trust your scouts to find players at the less valued positions later in the draft, in UDFA or in UFA where they tend to be values.

9 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Regardless what happens in the AFC title game or hopefully the Super Bowl and with Star returning to the dline after the opt out ...it’s obvious we need a little more offensive balance and I’m just going with Najee here and going to enjoy seeing him hammer on guys in the 4th quarter of close games 

Oh God no.

And if we do add a RB, for God's sake, dedicate very little in the way of resources to the acquisition.

You can find an acceptable player anywhere; they grow on trees.

15 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

yea thats cool, we don't throw to RBs..both Devin and Zach are more than capable of being good pass catchers out of the backfield, and have put that on tape. Im not arguing they are better than Harris in that regard, just that we shouldn't draft someone with a skill set that we already don't use. I also don't see us using more draft capital on a position we have already invested in the past two drafts - and we aren't dressing three RB's next who don't contribute on special teams. And are we really going to cut Devin or Zach? I just don't see it. 

Actually, Devin Singletary is the third leading receiver this season behind Diggs, Beasley.

Gabe Davis, John Brown, Isaiah McKenzie, Dawson Knox all behind Motor.  Though Gabe Davis has more targets. 

Another note, all three Buffalo Bills leading receivers have a 76% catch percentage, which is pretty freaking awesome. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

@GunnerBill and I had this discussion a couple days ago in another thread.     I feel like Beane will be inclined to go "Cody Ford" again and make the mistake of reaching for a need at a position that is easy to fill........in this case running back.

It would be a mistake.

The Bills aren't playing with house money........their roster isn't that exceptional without having a top 3 QB like Allen.........they are going to have plenty of need for players at big $ positions and not a lot of cap room to spend on them going forward.

You take chances on those $15M-$20M positions early in the draft and trust your scouts to find players at the less valued positions later in the draft, in UDFA or in UFA where they tend to be values.

TE, OLB/EDGE, CB2, C are needs where there is usually good value in the 28-32 range.

• Agree 1