I’m just penciling in Najee Harris to Buffalo in April

Regardless what happens in the AFC title game or hopefully the Super Bowl and with Star returning to the dline after the opt out ...it’s obvious we need a little more offensive balance and I’m just going with Najee here and going to enjoy seeing him hammer on guys in the 4th quarter of close games 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I think RB is definitely a need, but I wouldn't be onboard with a RB in the first. I think Moss is going to find his footing next year and progress nicely, Motor definitely took a step back with his YPC this year, but if he could get back to form I think we would be OK going into next year with our guys and a mid round draft pick for our RBs. But if he falls to us at the end of the draft I would jump on him because he would for sure be BPA at that draft spot.

What so many current Bills fans forget is while the Bills had QB Jim Kelly and WRs Andre Reed, James Lofton, Don Beebe to run the K-gun / no huddle offenses. 

The biggest threat the team had was Thurman Thomas running and catching as he was around 70% of the Bills offense in those days. Most of those 90's glory years the Bills ran the ball more than they threw it. 

With a top RB this team would be unstoppable. Take a long look at the 2020 13-3 Green Bay Packers 9th in passing yards-8th in rushing yards, yet 24th in passing attempts with the #1 scoring offense.

Balance! 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

What so many current Bills fans forget is while the Bills had QB Jim Kelly and WRs Andre Reed, James Lofton, Don Beebe to run the K-gun / no huddle offenses. 

The biggest threat the team had was Thurman Thomas running and catching as he was around 70% of the Bills offense in those days. Most of those 90's glory years the Bills ran the ball more than they threw it. 

With a top RB this team would be unstoppable. Take a long look at the 2020 13-3 Green Bay Packers 9th in passing yards-8th in rushing yards, yet 24th in passing attempts with the #1 scoring offense.

Balance! 

That mega team are in  exactly the same place as the Bills are. 

Our running numbers aren't great but there really isn't any need to be looking at other men's wife's fronties and getting envious. 

• Haha (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Balance! 

Don’t forget, the Thurmanator was a second round pick

• Agree 4

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The solution is not to go back to those same college scouts and ask them to evaluate more early-draft running backs...

I’m welcome to not having our franchise QB not taking additional hits since he’s essentially the short yardage running back right now and none of our current backs can pickup 3rd and 2 or less  

• Like (+1) 1

It has evolved to a passing league!  We still need to do better in the run area and it is a need for next year.  Just watched the AFC Championship Bills vs Chiefs in the 90's game and it was all running (mostly Thurman) that won the game.  Today, it's mostly Allen and the D last week.

It is a passing league, and we are not taking a RB three years in a row.  They will continue to develop the two already picked.  There will be other needs far more pressing than a RB. Whether it’s a CB, or DE, would be more logical.

This is supposed to be a very deep TE class and could see taking one in the second or third is not inconceivable.

• Like (+1) 1

What's holding back our running game is the O line, which is designed intentionally to be great at pass protection (which it is).  Very few can do both really well, and that generally involves very high priced players, which is not how this team is put together. 

And I wouldn't have it any other way.  It's a passing league and rushing can't get you through every challenge -- just ask the Browns and Ravens.  The Browns have three O line starters as All-Pro but that didn't help them keep up with KC. 

The Ravens showed it's possible to take even Derrick Henry out of a game.  And then the Bills showed it's possible to take the Ravens running game out of a game.  If you can't pass protect, you can't pass; and if you can't pass, you can't win.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 7

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Neither of the guys drafted seem capable of getting a key third down in the 4th quarter 

Good so let the same people choose another one is the answer? What makes you so sure they'd find someone who could this time?

Just stop picking running backs early. This team will live and die on Josh Allen's arm and playing good situational defense for the next 15 years. I'll leave all you "ground and pounders" to reminisce about the days of Rex Ryan and Anthony Lynn. My word 7-9 felt good. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Did it? He was pretty terrible for half the season, certainly didn't live up to the hype

The man who was third in the NFL in rushing? Yea he lived up to it plenty. He was a beast the second half of the year and the reason he wasn't the first half was they didn't give him the ball. 

The difference is the Colts need a running game. They have an 87 year old Quarterback. The Bills don't. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 2