The Saints will be almost $100M over the salary cap next year!

Doc

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Got an interesting message this morning from a guy I know who is a big draft follower and has heard a few wild rumours that have come to pass before...... don't rule out Darnold ending up on the Saints. He has heard that they don't see Hill as the heir apparent and they would be attracted to the cheap nature of Darnold's rookie deal. Apparently he was the only QB Payton liked in that draft. 

Slow learners, eh?  We all knew that awhile ago.

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Given Hill is 3-1 as a starter, a tank might not be that easy to pull off.

Did you happen to catch the title of this thread?

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Yup. Don't see how it's related. 0% chance they cut Hill.

If he's kept, and we'll see since cutting him will save $5M, he won't be winning many games after the blood-letting they'll have to undergo this off-season.

34 minutes ago, Doc said:

If he's kept, and we'll see since cutting him will save $5M, he won't be winning many games after the blood-letting they'll have to undergo this off-season.

Perhaps, perhaps not. As others have said, the Saints are routinely in this position and always figure it out. I'm willing to bet there's a plan. They aren't the Raiders.

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Perhaps, perhaps not. As others have said, the Saints are routinely in this position and always figure it out. I'm willing to bet there's a plan. They aren't the Raiders.

There's no figuring-it-out this time.  They'll be hurting.  Probably a good year for a reset now that Brees is most likely done.