Mark Ingram released

Sharky7337

I wonder if he'd be interested in joining the practice squad for a SB run, and hopefully be ready to go in 2.5 weeks

11 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Dumb question— but could one of the remaining playoff teams sign him, similar to Kenny Stills or Freeman? 

pretty sure the answer is yes

4 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

Big no. In a cap challenge the last thing we should be doing is paying a free agent running back. Draft someone or sign a UDFA if you want another RB. 

Singletary, Moss and Williams is fine. 

If we'd pick him up most likely it would be on the practice squad, no real cap ramifications

9 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I don't see the Bills doing this at all they seem to value loyalty over everything else. It would kind of be a slap in a face to Yeldon.

It didn't stop them from picking up Freeman - I'd say they value building the best roster over everything, if they think he's a better option they'll take a look.

13 hours ago, BITE ME said:

Not sure why anyone would ever spend big money on a running back anymore.  The 4 teams that are left all have great Quarterbacks and Great Receivers. That is the NFL now.

Big money, perhaps not.  But, decent capital (draft pick, or get a FA, yes).  All of the remaining teams, save Buffalo, have good-great RB play.  GB has A. Jones, KC has CHE (first round pick), Tampa has FA addition Fournette.  

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's not that they don't want him. It's strictly a money move. It's why he's been inactive most of the year.

I agree.  They have a stable of great, young talent in Dobbins and Gus.  

14 hours ago, eball said:

When the best running team in football doesn’t want you, it might be time to hang em up.

You mean "worst". The best rushing team may not actually need him, but a poor team may, kind of like the Jets taking Gore.

He's not eligible to play until next season:  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/19/mark-ingram-robert-griffin-iii-wont-be-eligible-to-play-for-another-team-until-2021-season/

With the Ravens waiving running back Mark Ingram on Tuesday and quarterback Robert Griffin III on Monday, some have wondered whether either player could be claimed by one of the remaining playoff teams.

The answer is no.

Teams can waive players now. However, the waiver claims aren’t processed until after the Super Bowl.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

2 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Signing Ingram for the Super Bowl push would bring things full circle, in that his dad was an instrumental part to the Giants win over the Bills in Super Bowl XXV.  For those that believe in destiny, just sayin...

17 missed tackles on one play... 😞 

15 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

He's not eligible to play until next season:  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/19/mark-ingram-robert-griffin-iii-wont-be-eligible-to-play-for-another-team-until-2021-season/

With the Ravens waiving running back Mark Ingram on Tuesday and quarterback Robert Griffin III on Monday, some have wondered whether either player could be claimed by one of the remaining playoff teams.

The answer is no.

Teams can waive players now. However, the waiver claims aren’t processed until after the Super Bowl.

my thought was if he could play this season, upgrade to Freeman, if no, pass.

On 1/19/2021 at 12:38 PM, Albany,n.y. said:

The answer is no.

Actually because he was not claimed on waivers (he couldn’t play if he had been) he becomes an immediate unrestricted free agent and can sign with any team and play if they are still alive

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/20/unclaimed-on-waivers-mark-ingram-can-now-sign-with-a-playoff-team/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Actually because he was not claimed on waivers (he couldn’t play if he had been) he becomes an immediate unrestricted free agent and can sign with any team and play if they are still alive

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/20/unclaimed-on-waivers-mark-ingram-can-now-sign-with-a-playoff-team/

Interesting.  Bills should absolutely sign him and get him up to speed for the Super Bowl.

On 1/19/2021 at 9:54 AM, Captain Caveman said:

I wonder if he'd be interested in joining the practice squad for a SB run, and hopefully be ready to go in 2.5 weeks

pretty sure the answer is yes

If we'd pick him up most likely it would be on the practice squad, no real cap ramifications

It didn't stop them from picking up Freeman - I'd say they value building the best roster over everything, if they think he's a better option they'll take a look.

Gotta have depth in the event of Covid restrictions. Freeman is Covid depth, no slap in the face to Yeldon.

52 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I’m not so worried about Moss and Singletary.. they’re serviceable.. This offense goes through Allen.. as it should.. I’d rather sure up that OL.. If Buffalo truly wanted to add another RB, I think we could use a Kamara/McCaffery style RB - someone who can catch 60-65+ passes a year..

Moss is done for the year.