Mark Ingram released

Sharky7337

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No, actually they weren’t lowering his carries. Look at his game logs.  He’s carries were consistent all season.  The only two games he had under 10 carries were complete blowouts.

he was pretty good last year.

Gus Edwards is pretty good.

JK Dobbins is better.

Lamar gets a ton of carries.  

no need for another RB.  

he may be slowing down, I dunno, I haven’t seen him play since he got hurt this year.  I would rather have him that Devonta Freeman regardless.  Dunno if he’s Elric let to be play though 

Dobbins 100% pushed him out this year, that was always expected. 
He’s a slow power back now though. 
I don’t need to look at the game logs cause I watched their last few games last year. He was used, but phased out of the important downs, they were going to Gus in critical spots in the rare cases Lamar didn’t keep it. Ingram 100% made an impact for them last year, my point was Father Time caught him last year though. 
I’m no fan of freeman and Ingram probably has more impact left in his game than freeman does. But I think both are all done. If we are talking signing him right now, and between him or freeman getting 5 carries in the super bowl sure I’ll pick Ingram. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Limeaid said:

They hate Kansas City and are letting us sign him to PS so we can use him?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/19/mark-ingram-robert-griffin-iii-wont-be-eligible-to-play-for-another-team-until-2021-season/

I thought he could be this article says he can not.

Edited by Starr Almighty

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I don't see the Bills doing this at all they seem to value loyalty over everything else. It would kind of be a slap in a face to Yeldon.

Why is Yledon still on the team? He Seems pretty useless and replaceable. We can and should do better.

4 hours ago, eball said:

When the best running team in football doesn’t want you, it might be time to hang em up.

Isn't that backwards?  If the worst running team in football doesn't want you, it's probably time to hang 'em up.

But if the BEST running team doesn't want you, doesn't that mean you might still contribute strongly to 31 other teams?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

I think we need to add thunder (?) to (motor) Lightning to add a change and this season Moss although has done okay he hasn't shown me the same thing motor did in his rookie season . IMHO he is almost the same kind of RB as Singletary with less wiggle a little more power maybe and by taking some game reps away from motor it has hurt his production .

All the "experts" say that this is the "New NFL" and RB's are a dime a dozen but i call BS i think a RB needs to still get in a rhythm of the game and get use to what the opposition is doing how they are scheming the D to stop them just like a OC it's a guessing game at first then after a number of reps you see what they are doing and make adjustments .

You can't do that when you only have a couple here then send the other guy in and he gets a couple or 3 carries while the 1st back is cooling down i don't get it sometimes you need the guy that can like motor make them miss in a phone booth (What's that youngsters might ask) then you need the other to be different especially in the post season .

All SB winning teams have had that guy the Pats and Eagles used 6' 250 lbs Laggarette Blount the Cheifs had backs that were 5'9" but were 220lbs + other lighter backs too to off set the big back for like goal line sets and we don't have the big guy . If you have a Thurman Thomas then no you don't need a complimentary back as much because he does it all but we don't have a Thurman on this team going forward .

I think Ingram is worth a look at least .

Edited by T master

8 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean that kind of feels like the opposite of how that'd work.

I guess I said that wrong, LOL.  My thought was that the Ravens seem to be able to get good performances out of any RB.  I guess dumping him saves them cap?  How old is he?

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Isn't that backwards?  If the worst running team in football doesn't want you, it's probably time to hang 'em up.

But if the BEST running team doesn't want you, doesn't that mean you might still contribute strongly to 31 other teams?

Yeah, I said that wrong.  See above.

Edited by eball

9 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29oxkxhlpdd4t75h365h

Is that Wrex's truck?

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Why is Yledon still on the team? He Seems pretty useless and replaceable. We can and should do better.

He had 1 carry for 4yds thats a huge contribution by an RB to the run game ;)

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Almost done?   He averaged 5.0 yards per carry on 200 carries last year!:lol:

He may have hit a wall this year........it comes at a RB fast........but we haven't really been privy to that because he has rarely played on a RB heavy team.

I'm not sure he's eligible to be signed but maybe CEH isn't going to make it back for the SB and the Chiefs reached out to his agent and got him released anticipating needing him.

Yes, almost done.

5.0 YPC at age 30 and 4.2 YPC at age 31 tells a story that's not that hard to read. 31 is not frequently a good age for RBs. There are occasional exceptions, but that's just what they are ... occasional.

Especially when he was a healthy scratch a couple of times late this year.

Edited by Thurman#1

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

No, actually they weren’t lowering his carries. Look at his game logs.  He’s carries were consistent all season.  The only two games he had under 10 carries were complete blowouts.

he was pretty good last year.

Gus Edwards is pretty good.

JK Dobbins is better.

Lamar gets a ton of carries.  

no need for another RB.  

he may be slowing down, I dunno, I haven’t seen him play since he got hurt this year.  I would rather have him that Devonta Freeman regardless.  Dunno if he’s Elric let to be play though 

They absolutely lowered his carries. In his first five games he had 10, 9, 7, 8 and 11 attempts, an average of 9.0 per game. In his last five games he had 5, 5, 2, 6 and 9, an average of 5.4 per game. That's dropping by nearly 40%. And his YPC also dropped a bit.

They also lowered his snaps, according to Pro Football Reference. He was injured in the middle of the season and a healthy scratch for at least two games late.

Game 1  21 snaps , 35.6%

Game 2  27 snaps, 41.5% 

Game 3 18 snaps, 32.1% 

Game 4  14 snaps, 24.6% 

Game 5  19 snaps, 30.2% 

Game 6  9 snaps, 12.3%

Game 9  17 snaps 25.8%

Game 10  6 snaps 9.2% 

Game 11  11 snaps 20%

Game 13 1 snap 1.7% 

Game 16 17 snaps 23.0%

I used to like Ingram a lot, but this is not encouraging.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

Found this from 2010, is it still the rule?  If so, how many have we signed since end of regular season?

Clubs participating in the playoffs are permitted to sign free agents throughout the postseason, but are limited to a total of four free agent signings, including players on other clubs' Practice Squads, during the period that begins at 4 p.m., New York time, on the Wednesday after the final regular season weekend."

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

They absolutely lowered his carries. In his first five games he had 10, 9, 7, 8 and 11 attempts, an average of 9.0 per game. In his last five games he had 5, 5, 2, 6 and 9, an average of 5.4 per game. That's dropping by nearly 40%. And his YPC also dropped a bit.

They also lowered his snaps, according to Pro Football Reference. He was injured in the middle of the season and a healthy scratch for at least two games late.

Game 1  21 snaps , 35.6%

Game 2  27 snaps, 41.5% 

Game 3 18 snaps, 32.1% 

Game 4  14 snaps, 24.6% 

Game 5  19 snaps, 30.2% 

Game 6  9 snaps, 12.3%

Game 9  17 snaps 25.8%

Game 10  6 snaps 9.2% 

Game 11  11 snaps 20%

Game 13 1 snap 1.7% 

Game 16 17 snaps 23.0%

I used to like Ingram a lot, but this is not encouraging.

I was talking about 2019