Help finding old NFL commercial: “When destiny strikes ...”

Hello All,

As diehard Bills fans, my family and I have often quoted an old NFL commercial (we think?) that included a line that went something like “When destiny strikes, and you know it will, you can say you were there all along.” It was in the context of why fans follow their teams and stay loyal through thick and thin. 

With the Bills in the middle of a pretty special run, we’ve been trying to find the old commercial, but can’t find it anywhere. Does this commercial ring a bell for anyone else? Any idea where to find it? Thanks very much, and here’s hoping destiny is about to strike! 

I remember this commercial, in fact I just quoted it to a friend of mine at the start of the playoffs when he asked me how it would feel if the Bills won the Super Bowl this year!

IIRC, it was a commercial actually done by the NFL itself during the playoffs several years ago...I hope you find it, and if you do, post it here. If I have time later, I’ll see if I can find it anywhere.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

and another: 

this one is funny for different reasons. 

I still can't find it.....

Love all of these - thanks for sharing. I’ve spent more time than I care to admit looking for the video mentioned in my original post. It’s hard to find!

As a side note, one of my other favorite inspirational Bills clips is Marv reciting the Sir Andrew poem (Fight on, a little I’m hurt but not yet slain ...). That one is all over YouTube. Great stuff! 

3 hours ago, Reddy Freddy said:

Love all of these - thanks for sharing. I’ve spent more time than I care to admit looking for the video mentioned in my original post. It’s hard to find!

Yeah, I couldn’t find it either. 

I’m sure it was a commercial put out by the NFL, but I even checked if it came from one of the beer companies and came up with nothing.