Would Josh Allen ever consider a team friendly contract?

sirebors

Is this possible?

Could or would Josh Allen take a below market value contract like Tom Brady did for the benefit of his team?

I know it seems silly at face value but Josh is cut from a different cloth. He is a consumate team player and genuinely a good person and cares about his team and teammates. To build a dynasty and further gain the respect of his teammates would he ever consider this? 

I'm sure his agent wouldn't be happy but I don't think money is Josh Allen's primary driving focus. To be able to keep Milano, Williams, and even pay his friend Diggs?

I mean seriously, when is enough enough? Does it have to be 500 million? Isn't 350 million or 400 million enough to live comfortably for the rest of his life? Would the rest of the league, particularly the quarterbacks be critical of him for doing this? I'm just curious what everyone's take is? And if so, what would he be willing to accept? 

• Like (+1) 4

He isn't getting $500 million unless they win the Super Bowl.  If he wins a Super Bowl he is worth the $500 million.  The quarterback that brings the city of Buffalo their first world championship should be the highest paid player in the NFL.

Edited by BITE ME
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Initially no.... but I feel he’s the type of guy that might after a few years restructure to get another playmaker or two.... once you’re making $35-40M per what does it matter if you only make $32M, maybe $28M but extend an additional year... 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm being a little facetious. I realize it probably won't be half a billion, but Mahomes got 450 million. Does Josh need 45 million a year or would he be ok with 40 or 35 or even 30? Or is that completely outside the realm of possibility? 

I don’t think you “sign” team friendly deals as often as you “restructure” later to be team friendly as you continue to win and be competitive.   If i’m his agent, I say “get every penny today.   You can always accommodate later, on your terms, when you want to.”

Edited by Neo
  • Like (+1) 8

Let Allen have his money if he earns it.

Yes they are aided briefly by having a QB on a rookie deal but if they can't win paying a superstar QB the going rate then that will be on McBeane.

Having $5M-$10M less per year to spend ain't gonna' make much of a difference if they don't draft and develop well.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, klos63 said:

What do you consider 'team friendly' ? Structure sometimes is as important as dollars.

I would almost be willing to roll the dice with him and give him an unprecedented amount guaranteed and signing bonus to lower the contract amount and just hope for the best. 

• Agree 2

No, no, no, no, and no. It’s not his job to make the deal team friendly-don’t go cheap on your quarterback. Guys around the league watch that stuff. He might go 5-10 million less if he gets a bunch more guaranteed, but he’s not taking $30 million if the other guys are getting $40+ million now

2 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I think he would take a cut here and there to obtain an extra player some years. I don't think he would take under market out of the gate, and I don't blame him.

If he holds out that's on the front office, pay the man.

I don't think Josh Allen would ever consider holding out. That's not in his DNA. I mean under outlandish circumstances anything is possible, but not with this Administration. 

• Agree 2