Is Matt Milano the Bill's MVP

BITE ME

11 hours ago, twist_to_open said:

Is this gonna turn into another Duke Williams thread?.....

No.  Matt Milano is an established starter on the team and no one reasonable can deny his impact on the defense.

The only question people have about him is whether he's injured too much to be given the big $$

And while he's a minimalist and a man of few social media posts, he can throw down a bit of salt at times:

14 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Milano has to be effective this week as a run stuffer and a spy on Mahomes. MVP on defense is more Edmunds, Taron and White. Butler, Jefferson and Phillips have played their best football of the season.

Serious question: people always mention "spys"

Do the Bills ever use a "spy"?  What does "spy" mean to you?

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, wppete said:

Milano is the defensive MVP

I don't see how any Bills fan could possibly overlook Poyer as Bills defensive MVP

-durable, played every game. 

-thumper in the run game.  you can hear him tackle

-we ask him to do everything - run D, coverage, swap roles and play FS

-he got paid THEN leveled up his game

-leads the Bills in tackles with 91 and it's not close

-tied for the lead in turnovers with 4 (2 picks, 2 FF)

-other players have shown more in this or that game, but Poyer has shown up every game, all game

-grinder - McDermott even commented on this.  Preps his ass off each week.

If we're voting, it's Poyer for me.

1 hour ago, gobills404 said:

I mean, it's true, but he's only played in 10 games and started 5

How can a guy who missed half the season be MVP?

• Dislike 1

I love the versatility he brings to the defense. It is beyond obvious his coverage skills are elite and fit our scheme to perfection. He's a major contributor when he's on the field

There's the rub. Health is not a predictable asset. There's no guarantee any player doesn't sustain injury after scoring a contract. 

If Milano had a clear history against injury the decision is a no brainer. But because of his history you can't blame the front office to have pause in offering a long term deal.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, it's true, but he's only played in 10 games and started 5

How can a guy who missed half the season be MVP?

I believe you’ve answered your own question. Look at the difference of the D when he’s in there. Isn’t that the definition of MVP?

I love Poyer but Milano has shown he’s more important to the overall success of the D.