ESPN Around the Horn. Tony Riali calls out anti-Buffalo bias

The bias stems directly from four consecutive SB loses, followed by two decades of ineptitude, plus some of the idiocy that the fan base has displayed during that period of time hasn’t helped.  Its only been 3 1/2 years of being competent, and only one of those years of being dominant,  it’s going to take more time than fans want to admit to for the tainted reputation to be forgotten. 

Go Bills!!!

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I could see them overspending for Smith Schuster or Marvin Jones but they need a true #1.  Do they break the bank for Robinson or give up too much in a trade for OBJ?  They almost have to in order to see if he's their qb for the next decade

Yup.  But the question is if those guys would want to go there?

14 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm not discrediting anything but if you as a fan NEED the national media to take note of you then it starts with your team having at least ONE playoff game where you silence the doubters by playing great.    The Bills haven't played anywhere close to their best game yet.   

Agree. But I think we're in weird psychological territory now.

As @Stank_Nasty, myself, others have said, we try not to let this stuff bother us. 

We're adults, we KNOW it's just crap. It should--and must--just roll off our shoulders.

But then why, dear Lord, is it pissing me off now? Tbh, I'm no-kidding angry at times. That's the rub.

Wth is going on? Someone 'splain please.

3 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

As @Stank_Nasty, myself, others have said, we try not to let this stuff bother us. 

We're adults, we KNOW it's just crap. It should--and must--just roll off our shoulders.

But then why, dear Lord, is it pissing me off now? Tbh, I'm no-kidding angry at times. That's the rub.

i think you're in love.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

I can only speak for myself. We've waited over 20 years for this team. FOR ME PERSONALLY some of the fun in being a fan is being able to sit back, relax, and watch positive coverage of your team. Especially when its been so long. Now that they've truly earned it, its been 2 weeks of trying to explain them out of the playoff race..... Its irritating.... thats just me.

8 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

And continuing on the topic. For a whole week the media explained how the Ravens were gonna roll buffalo. It doesnt happen, and then the narrative after is what went wrong with the ravens? did their staff let them down? front office? Mind you, this is the same offensive philosophy and coaching staff that they swore the bills couldnt handle...... how about the Ravens just ran into a 13-3 squad that has won 11 or their last 12 and is a better team? 

• Agree 1

I think it’s still disappointing for me because of one real fact.

back when the Bills were bad and/or irrelevant , it was clear nobody was watching their games based on what was said about them. It was straight up lazy journalism.

I just always assumed (and was even told) that they just needed to start winning...and in a certain respect they were right.  People do talk about us more now, but it’s still pretty evident that most of them don’t actually watch the Bills play very closely (if at all).  It really makes you wonder if any of these talking heads even actually like football.  Peter Schreager said that the Bills are being led by Leslie Frazier and the defense and Josh hasn’t done anything in the playoffs less than one week after saying our defense is garbage and Josh single handed lyl led us to victory.  It’s insane.  

week to week the narrative completely changes and there is almost zero context.  So in a sense, I understand that we got what we asked for and the bills are relevant...but now that they are I see that just because people talk about your team, it doesn’t mean they actually know anything about your team.  It might be even more frustrating.