ESPN Around the Horn. Tony Riali calls out anti-Buffalo bias

13 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I guess I don't watch the shows many of you do. For about the last 6 weeks I've heard Collinsworth gushing over Allen, Diggs, McDermott, Daboll, Frazier, the fans...., I haven't heard one credible football person be negative about the Bills. Picking our opponent to win isn't an insult or sign of disrespect, it's their guess as to who might win. It's just a guess. Many people picked the Bills to win, seriously, get some thicker skin already.

I largely agree with you and I don't watch those shows either.  My opinion is based on what I have read in this thread, and I did watch the clip embedded in this thread.  I agree that there's nothing wrong with anyone picking the Ravens prior to the game, but to discredit the Bills victory based on making excuses for the Ravens is lazy and weak analysis.  The Bills defense played a fantastic game and the Bills offense did enough to win against a very tough defense.  All that said, as long as WE enjoy the victory and go on to KC, the rest really doesn't matter.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

I largely agree with you and I don't watch those shows either.  My opinion is based on what I have read in this thread, and I did watch the clip embedded in this thread.  I agree that there's nothing wrong with anyone picking the Ravens prior to the game, but to discredit the Bills victory based on making excuses for the Ravens is lazy and weak analysis.  The Bills defense played a fantastic game and the Bills offense did enough to win against a very tough defense.  All that said, as long as WE enjoy the victory and go on to KC, the rest really doesn't matter.

If you can, watch the Ravens game again. Collinsworth threw lots of praise at the defense. Called out many players for big plays made. People hear what they want to hear and ignore what doesn't fit what they expect to hear. Bills have received a great deal of compliments all season long.

Edited by klos63
  • Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

All I keep hearing about is Tuckers 2 missed FGs which is starting to bug me.

How about G.Davis dropped TD and 2 missed FGs by Bass. 

Bingo.  That Isola guy is a moron.  How can someone who gets paid to cover the NFL use the 2 missed FG's by Baltimore as an excuse while not mentioning the two missed FG's by the Bills from almost the same distance.

I've actually heard this crap multiple times from several different analysts. I get that we Bills fans can be thin skinned but all year we've been seeing this level of half a$$ed coverage.

I was listening to Gotfried today on Fox Sports radio and he had some clown on that was claiming that DaBold had dumbed the Bills offense down for Allen and they give him easy throws that are the equivalent of lay ups. Are you kidding me!  Did this tool even watch a Bills game?

Then this same fool goes on and on that the Ravens need to upgrade their WR's for Lamar. Why? So he can miss more wide open receivers? 

And if we lose Sunday these ignorant cretins will be all over the airwaves saying I told you so.  It's really astonishing how stupid & bush league so many of these NFL "experts" are.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

If you can, watch the Ravens game again. Collinsworth was threw lots of praise at the defense. Called out many players for big plays made. People hear what they want to hear and ignore what doesn't fit what they expect to hear. Bills have received a great deal of compliments all season long.

Honestly, the "we don't get any respect", or "enough credit" thing is nearly annoying as what it is calling out. There may be a kernal of truth to it at times...but stay humble, as Mc Dermot preaches.  This incessant need to immediately analyze and quantify the quality of a victory or performance, or player...or to rank things historically or contemporarily is really a bad thing that is happening to sports. 

9 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Honestly, the "we don't get any respect", or "enough credit" thing is nearly annoying as what it is calling out. There may be a kernal of truth to it at times...but stay humble, as Mc Dermot preaches.  This incessant need to immediately analyze and quantify the quality of a victory or performance, or player...or to rank things historically or contemporarily is really a bad thing that is happening to sports. 

For me it's not about respect but accuracy in reporting on the Bills.  I couldn't care less if these guys do or don't respect the Bills. What I do care about is that they describe what's happening correctly.  You can't call out the 2 missed Raven FG's without calling out the 2 missed Bills FG's.

And it grates to have a so called expert on a national spots radio program claim that Allen is a "turnover machine waiting to happen" after a season in which Allen has been very careful with the ball (only 16 TO's in 18 games). Even worse was this same expert claiming that DaBold has dumbed the offense down for Allen. How can anyone say that in the face of everything we've seen out of this offense this year.

And on another national radio program a guy expressed concern that if our offense didn't score more points against the Chiefs then we did against Baltimore we would be in trouble.  This genius then want on to say our offense was struggling.  I guess he based this on ONE GAME played in a wind tunnel.  It's beyond lazy.  Early in the year I cut these people some slack because you had 32 teams in the mix.  But last week we only had 8 teams playing 4 games. 

Is it expecting to much to ask these guys to do the bare minimum in research? You know like looking at how many points the Bills scored and how many yards gained over an entire season before claiming they have a problem with the offense.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Real McNasty said:

If my math is right...2 missed field goals still equals ..uhhhh a Bills win... these people are clowns 🤡 

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Bingo.  That Isola guy is a moron.  How can someone who gets paid to cover the NFL use the 2 missed FG's by Baltimore as an excuse while not mentioning the two missed FG's by the Bills from almost the same distance.

I've actually heard this crap multiple times from several different analysts. I get that we Bills fans can be thin skinned but all year we've been seeing this level of half a$$ed coverage.

I was listening to Gotfried today on Fox Sports radio and he had some clown on that was claiming that DaBold had dumbed the Bills offense down for Allen and they give him easy throws that are the equivalent of lay ups. Are you kidding me!  Did this tool even watch a Bills game?

Then this same fool goes on and on that the Ravens need to upgrade their WR's for Lamar. Why? So he can miss more wide open receivers? 

And if we lose Sunday these ignorant cretins will be all over the airwaves saying I told you so.  It's really astonishing how stupid & bush league so many of these NFL "experts" are.

Why mention our missed FGs? We won...you don't talk about the mistakes from the winning team...

7 minutes ago, nucci said:

Why mention our missed FGs? We won...you don't talk about the mistakes from the winning team...

Reporting 101.  These guys are saying that the two missed Baltimore FG's was a key reason why they lost the game.  But when the other team also misses two FG's from almost the same spot on the field then it's stupid to attach any special significance to the two missed Ravens FG's.

Last year we beat TN in a game in which I believe they missed 3 FG's and we didn't miss any. For that game it was reasonable to bring up the Titans missed FG's as a reason for their loss.  For Saturday nights game it's excuse making which should be left to the fans not the national sports media.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Real McNasty said:

The FGs thing is the best. 0% of people bringing up Tuckers misses also mention Bass missing two as well. It's hilarious really. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

They will bend the knee. And next year when our D improves and we upgrade our run game, we as a fanbase won't require their allegiance. 

Hell, I don’t require their allegiance now. 

36 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Skippy Bayless is extra Lamar butthurt. 

Saying Lamar woulda came back once he got the wind at his back in the 4th..... Geez, have some dignity, Skip.... Also argued for mayfield over Allen during a whole other 10 min segment later in the show. Good lord, man. 

I can’t stand Shannon sharpe but he’s 100% correct when he says when Lamar is doing well he gets all the credit and the offense apparently can’t be stopped but the minute he got shut down everyone is calling for the coaches and managements heads. That was a theme on every network today. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Saying Lamar woulda came back once he got the wind at his back in the 4th.....

I'm w those who normally don't care about, or watch, these shows (not sure why I saw AtH today).

But this crap is ridiculous. Awful, lazy reporting as others allude.

Ref above quote, Isola said similar, but in even more bizarre fashion.

With literally the LJ concussion play rolling on screen, he said--I kid you not:

"Lamar looked like he was ready to take over the game...(sotto voce) well, after the 101 yard pick six."

WTF!!!!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Magox said:

The Bills just don’t get the respect that they deserve.  Will a KC win do it?  50/50.  Not until they win the Super Bowl.  That’s when they will get their damn respect.

And only if they beat Brady in Tampa unfortunately.  Hope Rodgers brings his A game on Sunday.