The running game has to be there vs KC this week.

Toyo321

Saturday night was either a purely tactical decision not to run at all. Or it was a stunning indictment of how bad our run game is that they only used it as a last resort. After some thought, I think it was the former and I think for the most part it worked.  I do hope though that the run option is there if we need it.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Does it?

KC's defense isnt that good.....we have faced much tougher defenses by several teams.

We do need to keep the ball out of PM hands.....but it is much more important that we drop 40 on them

Yep.  Dance with the girl we brought!

4 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Disagree.  I say light 'em up.  They'll be doing it to us.  Time to take the gloves off.  

This is where I am at. I think we can win in a shoot out. 

i do think there will be some timely runs for us, including on draws out of shotgun. 

What’s interesting too is that we quietly went away from a number of very effective runs we used earlier in the year (inside traps; that delayed sort of stretch draw out of shotgun). I am wondering if we have been saving some of those and might dust them off. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Saturday night was either a purely tactical decision not to run at all. Or it was a stunning indictment of how bad our run game is that they only used it as a last resort. After some thought, I think it was the former and I think for the most part it worked.  I do hope though that the run option is there if we need it.

The Ravens did completely shut down Henry last week so I am sure that played a part in their game planning.

1 hour ago, Toyo321 said:

I don't know how they need to get it done but the running game needs to be on point for this weeks AFCCG vs KC.

They need to have some kind of running attack to keep KC from playing us one dimensionally on D .

Be it Motor, TJ or even Williams.  Something has to be done on the ground this week to beat these guys.

If we don't run the ball this week it could be as far as we go this year.  The weather could be a issue with rain predicted for 

the game so that is why it's even more important to get yards on the ground this week.

No it doesn’t. Let Josh Cook. 

we just played two much better defenses and beat them. Ride the horse that got you there. 

1 hour ago, Toyo321 said:

Agreed but you can't keep them from becoming blitz happy and tee-ing of on Josh, if we don't run more than what we have in this postseason.  It is a key weapon too to keep PH and their O on the sidelines.  Time of possession needs to be on our side in this game.

Let them. Josh has SHREDDED the Blitz. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Then they better activate Williams then, because he's the only Bills RB that has shown anything and isn't injured.

You are about the 10th person to imply Motor is injured.....what proof, ue:tweet, quote, what play in the game/time remaining?  

Otherwise its already getting old

Edited by MasterStrategist

5 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Anyone else itching to speculate about a potential injury to Motor??

Ah c'mon @MasterStrategist, your post prior to editing had, what, 20 repetitions? What's a fella to do?

Screenshot_20210118-160511~2.png

Lol.  It did, glitch in the matrix.

Still waiting for someone to post what they got on the Motor injury front, haha...or maybe I'll post 20 more times

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

Lol.  It did, glitch in the matrix.

Still waiting for someone to post what they got on the Motor injury front, haha...or maybe I'll post 20 more times

On Locked On Bills I had heard it was a hamstring injury, but I haven't followed up on it.

2 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

I don't know how they need to get it done but the running game needs to be on point for this weeks AFCCG vs KC.

They need to have some kind of running attack to keep KC from playing us one dimensionally on D .

Be it Motor, TJ or even Williams.  Something has to be done on the ground this week to beat these guys.

If we don't run the ball this week it could be as far as we go this year.  The weather could be a issue with rain predicted for 

the game so that is why it's even more important to get yards on the ground this week.

We don't have a running game other than JA.

You think they can set a dozen plays specifically for Devonta Freeman? A half dozen run plays, 3-4 Pass protect plays and maybe even 3-4 plays where he’s an option in the passing game?

Is Freeman even an option going forward or is it gonna be Yeldon? Or Williams? (Doubtful).....

• Shocked 1

Just for information.....

The idea you need to run the ball well to win VS KC...just doesn't bear itself out when you look at the stats.

KC has been outrushed 8 times this year.  KC won all 8

KC has lost TOP 8 times this year.  KC won all 8

If you are looking for a blue print....you'd want to look at the Raiders.  I don't want to credit Gruden too much....becuase in teh Loss...a big part of that was KC's defensive gameplan of daring Carr to beat the blitz (something he isn't good at) and he beat it all day long for big plays.

But ...in both Chiefs Raiders games....lots of throwsto TE and RB.  KC is NOT a good team at defending TE's or pass catching backs ...KC is GREAT at defending WR.  KC ranks amond the worst in the NFL in coverage vs TE and RB...and is top 5 VS WR.  

....from a KC perspective, Buffalo isn't a horrible matchup for our D....Buf already isn't a power running team, and Buffalo doesn't have any major threat at TE or out of the backfield.  This is a plus for KC.  

Anyhow...the Raiders fed KC a steady diet of Darren Waller and passes to fullbacks and running backs....in both games, Waller led with 7 catches....and the  TE/RB/FB had like 66% of the catches.  KC's LB corps is poor at coverage.  

However....we have an excess of talented DB's.  This is a plus for KC vs Buffalo.  Buffalo runs 11 personel (3WR) more than any team except Cincy.  ....and Buffalo runs 4 WR more than any team except the Cardinals.  This plays into the strength of KC's defense.  In contrast, the Radiers played the 4th fewest snaps in 11 personel and 2nd most in 22 (1 WR).  

The radiers do things well that KC sucks at defending...so even a crappy team like the Raiders....gave KC all it could handle and more both times they met this year.  And it's also a big reas why Allen probalby had one of his worst games vs KC earlier.  

Again, just info.....I think it will be a tough game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

Why? I think we can throw toe 

to toe with them. We are #2 in scoring and they are not the top dog.

The Bills strength of schedule is tied for 5th while KC is tied for 18th.

Maybe it’s KC that needs to run the ball?

I get what you’re saying, in a different year I would agree. Not this year.

Edited by dlonce

6 minutes ago, dlonce said:

Why? I think we can throw toe 

to toe with them. We are #2 in scoring and they are not the top dog.

The Bills strength of schedule is tied for 5th while KC is tied for 18th.

Maybe it’s KC that needs to run the ball?

I get what you’re saying, in a different year I would agree. Not this year.

Playoff rushing yards every game this year by each team and the loser.

Indy  Buff Loser Indy
              163   96
              LA    Sea  Loser Seattle
              164   136
              Tampa Wash Loser Wash
              142   86
              Balt  Tenn Loser Tenn
              236   51 
              NO    Chic Loser Chicago
              123   48
              Clev  Pitt Loser Pitt
              127   52
              LA    GB   Loser LA
              96    188
              Balt  Buff Loser Balt
              150   32
              Clev  KC   Loser Clev
              112   123
              Bucs  NO   Loser NO
              127   104

Buffalo is the only team in any of the playoff rounds to lose the rushing game total in each game and win.
This a dangerous trend and this is skating on thin ice!!!