The running game has to be there vs KC this week.

Toyo321

It’s going to be serious fun to see what the coaches have worked up as game plans and in game adjustments, which need to happen quickly, no waiting till the half to make adjustments, jmo. 

We are so gonna kick their azsez!!

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 4

51 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I contend we are going to play somewhat keep away from Mahomes/KC.   And this is because that looks like what KC will be giving up.  I think the underneath and swing passes will be open, the lesser priority, of the KC defense.   If this plays out as I am expecting Josh needs to have the patience to take the 6-7 yards at a pop until KC respects and adjusts.

It's not really changing everything as much as it is having Josh opt for the high percentage 7 yard pickup when the defense is schemed to try and take away the deeper stuff.

ED, that’s different so ok on the short passing game as the WGR guys have even said that became a much bigger part of their game after the Chiefs.  What you’re suggesting is similar to the Pats did as their run game in short passing.  What I don’t see happening is the first game with the Pats game, a different reference.  The winds were so high we went heavy run sets with motor and Moss.  It worked, but slowed down our offense.

what you’re suggesting I think we just had our wires crossed as I get that all day.  That’s a fine plan and expect to see a lot of the short stuff, but then keeping them honest on our 4 wide sets.

• Like (+1) 1

We'll be able to score without much of a run game. We just won't be able to outscore the Chiefs if we become one dimensional. The OL needs to step up and create some space for Singletary. We also need Singletary to catch some underneath routes and make KC pay if they shadow Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

I am not talking about one that takes away our passing game.....but just the ability to get short yardage 3rd downs on the ground.......

Keeping PM off the field as much as possible is one of the surest ways to win this game.......we CAN NOT ask our defense to hold them down if they control time of possession on us

1st down....1st down....1st down....touchdown

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Not a lot of 3rd and shorts with this offense, but 2nd and short might be ok.

Id prefer to go with what brought us here unless KC gives us the run.

I believe which ever defense plays best will come out victorious.

I like our chances.

Edited by dlonce

I get it. Josh and Dabol have shown to want to take the “big shot” on 2nd and short. But I want that to happen on 1st and 10. If it’s 2nd and short, move the chains and point pinch yourself into an unnecessary 3rd down. 

Taking those shots on 1st allows them two downs to make up for it 

The Bills will run somewhat more than we have seen recently IMO. I think we will see more of Allen in the run game, some designed, some when coverage is good. There should be opportunities there to extend drives that way, especially later in the game when the KC front, which is big, is baffed out. Chiefs are not great against the run. But the Bills are a passing team and they will mostly go with what brought them to the dance. 

3 to 1 pass to run ratio will probably be way to go the the Bills offense.  If the Chiefs stay in dime coverage Bills will use short passes in lieu of runs.  I see Singletary having an effective day catching the ball.  

15 hours ago, dlonce said:

Not a lot of 3rd and shorts with this offense, but 2nd and short might be ok.

Id prefer to go with what brought us here unless KC gives us the run.

I believe which ever defense plays best will come out victorious.

I like our chances.

They will give us the run