The running game has to be there vs KC this week.

Toyo321

I don't know how they need to get it done but the running game needs to be on point for this weeks AFCCG vs KC.

They need to have some kind of running attack to keep KC from playing us one dimensionally on D .

Be it Motor, TJ or even Williams.  Something has to be done on the ground this week to beat these guys.

If we don't run the ball this week it could be as far as we go this year.  The weather could be a issue with rain predicted for 

the game so that is why it's even more important to get yards on the ground this week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

For the past few games, the Bills have shown up with a new look and concept each week.  Players who got a lot of snaps last week and did great hardly play this week.  I think this is partly to keep the opponents guessing, and also because Daboll and Frazier work really hard to come up with effective game plans.  I don't see so much variation on other teams, but what the Bills are doing is working.

In the first Pats game this year, the Bills ran and ran and ran, and it worked.  In the second, the Pats were ready to stop the run, and the Bills blew them out by passing.  This is a good thing!

I have no idea whether Daboll thinks we need to run a lot against KC.  It was smart not to waste downs on running much against the Ravens' D, which had shut down the best RB in the league the week before.  Were it not for the windy conditions, Allen would have lit them up, but that doesn't matter at all.  They won. 

• Like (+1) 3

It would help, but I don't think they have to. Everyone has known all year we have no running game, we just beat the team with a great defense in a game where it was hard to pass because of weather. 

Yet here they still stand, so "must" is probably a strong word. Allen will go off this game, he wants to prove he's on Mahomes level.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Allens accuracy and the way Bills WR's are catching the football its practically like a longer extension of a hand off landing in the hands of our best athletes IMO. With that being said RB's are also good athletes and deserving of some touches.

Daboll attacks the oppositions weaknesses and tries not to play to their strengths.

I'm very happy with the way Daboll is calling the games.

3 minutes ago, Utah John said:

For the past few games, the Bills have shown up with a new look and concept each week.  Players who got a lot of snaps last week and did great hardly play this week.  I think this is partly to keep the opponents guessing, and also because Daboll and Frazier work really hard to come up with effective game plans.  I don't see so much variation on other teams, but what the Bills are doing is working.

In the first Pats game this year, the Bills ran and ran and ran, and it worked.  In the second, the Pats were ready to stop the run, and the Bills blew them out by passing.  This is a good thing!

I have no idea whether Daboll thinks we need to run a lot against KC.  It was smart not to waste downs on running much against the Ravens' D, which had shut down the best RB in the league the week before.  Were it not for the windy conditions, Allen would have lit them up, but that doesn't matter at all.  They won. 

Agreed but you can't keep them from becoming blitz happy and tee-ing of on Josh, if we don't run more than what we have in this postseason.  It is a key weapon too to keep PH and their O on the sidelines.  Time of possession needs to be on our side in this game.

• Disagree 1

I think that the answer to this question depends a lot on Mahomes' availability for the game.  

If he's playing and close to full strength, strangely enough we might be running more - say 1/3 of the time.  We are probably trying to control the clock more and not expose our defense too much.

If it's Chad Freaking Henne at QB, then I say bombs away

• Like (+1) 1

I'm much more concerned addressing the defense in terms of changing things up from how we defended them in the first game.

I have no doubt McDermott and company are going to do things differently and that they learned from the first match up.

I also think we are a much better team than we were when we played them.

29 minutes ago, Frat-Train said:

I’d argue we’ve faced two better defenses than theirs so far and we didn’t need much of a run game.  Totally ok with staying the course.  

only problem is that their offense is unlike any offense we’ve faced. Scoring anything less than 27pts will certainly be a loss. 

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Then they better activate Williams then, because he's the only Bills RB that has shown anything and isn't injured.

100% agree. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm much more concerned addressing the defense in terms of changing things up from how we defended them in the first game.

I have no doubt McDermott and company are going to do things differently and that they learned from the first match up.

I also think we are a much better team than we were when we played them.

Yeah, the run D is more important to the Bills than their run O for this game.  Reid was fine running the ball last game as the Bills focused on limiting big plass plays from Mahomes.  Should be a great game.