How does this afc championship stack up to the bills previous ones?

Steptide

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

The thing that I think is the big difference between those teams and this team is the AFC was by far the inferior conference in that era. It’s what allowed the Bills IMO to get to 4 straight. Now the AFC is the superior conference in terms of top teams and depth

You know I hadn’t thought about it quite that way. If the Bills can pull out a win against KC does that make them the favorite coming from the much stronger Conference, and turn GB into the 90s Bills? 

From memory, the first one against the Bengals, we all seemed so happy to just be there. It was pre K gun and Kelly wasn’t considered premier yet. Tough game that really hurt at the time.

LA game was amazing. Just knew we were gonna beat them but didn’t realize by how much. Jay Schroeder was a bum. 
    Denver , I thought we would beat handily. I had season tickets  in the upper EZ where Bailey  got the pick on the attempted screen from Elway. Horribly boring, super consequential defensive slugfest. ( In my mind it was like the Jets game that got us the AFC East in 88)

Miami we knew we would beat and we did. I watched it with my buddy in his basement just after his father had died.

KC seemed scary at the time. The KGun was Meh. I’m too lazy to look it up but that may have been the season that Metzelaars led the team on receptions. We sat in the lower EZ opposite the tunnel on a warm drizzely day and whooped the heck out of them.

I really thought we were going to beat Dallas that year in the SB. First half started ok but they put the hammer down in the second half.

I would say, I FEEL slightly more confident in this KC championship game than the last one. This season has had an air of inevitable to me for a month now. KC is dangerous but they don’t seem as hungry as we are and we are equally as dangerous. If we beat them, we kill GB in the Super Bowl.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

18 hours ago, njbuff said:

The Cincinnati loss IS STILL the most annoying loss I endure as a Bills fan because I was totally convinced the Bills were going to walk into Cincinnati and beat those frauds with that albino QB.

I can't believe how the offense fell flat on their face, giving the the Bills no chance to win that game.

Boy did that loss suck.

He was cut in early 89, but he was a major disappointment in 1988, which contributed into him being cut early in 1989.

take solace in the fact they wouldn’t have won the next game either, I suppose... 

42 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

take solace in the fact they wouldn’t have won the next game either, I suppose... 

The Bills would have beat the 1988 Niners as they matched up well with them.

But there is no way in hell they would have beaten the 1989 Niners, the team that might be the greatest of them all as they were dominating on offense and defense like no other team in history.