Chris Simms: I've never seen the Ravens D show that much respect to a QB

RobbRiddick

6 hours ago, mannc said:

It’s not horrific value.  He went a few picks before Taylor.  And if you happened to see Taylor’s hands during the wild card game, you know why Reid didn’t want him over CEH.  Those other backs are good too, but they aren’t necessarily better than CEH.  (I thought you were going to mention Akers, who looks really good.) i don’t see him as a “wasted pick” just because a few other backs had somewhat better stats.  

I mean Dobbins having more yards on 50 less carries isn’t just somewhat better stats.

9 hours ago, Doc said:

No, they didn't.  The wind did.

And as well as our defense played they were on the field for 35 minutes.  As SuperBowl XXV proved, if you keep a dynamic offense off the field, its hard for them to score.  Our defense, coupled with the wind balled out for sure. Not sure if any team with 35 minutes of possession has been held to 3 points ever.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

True but it's refreshing to see a national media figure actually did deeper into the game and not just give a surface level reaction.

Yeah, I was just joking, I actually don't have a problem with him picking against us.  He is actually one of the national commentators who watches our games and provides a great analysis of what we do right or wrong. It is easy to tell which ones only watch the highlights/lowlights and form opinions off of those few clips. He is definitely not one.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

This team really finds different ways to win.

This!!!

Back in the KGun era, it was the same.

Sometimes Christie kicked 6 FGs.

Denver AFC Championship game it took an Int on a screen to ice a bad game.

Bills 49 ers was all Kelly all the time with NO D or special teams.

This team is winning as a team. This next game is going to be a dogfight where all three facets need to contribute where and when they can.

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

They didn't look to crisp against the Browns.

If Higgins doesn't fumble for a touch back that game changes drastically at that point.(I know if its and buts were candy and nuts then every day would be Christmas)

I also think the Browns should have went for it on 4th down as I think they were playing with house money at that point.

Nobody thought they would be within a score at that point of the game.

The Chiefs are beatable even with Mahomee on home field. 

Yeah the Chefs aren't intimidating in the least.  And this time the Bills will have a healthy Josh and Miano, Wallace, Feliciano and Knox will be playing, while Clyde Edwards-Helaire (who had 161 yards at 6.2 YPC in the first meeting) won't 100%, if not out, for the game.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, NewEra said:

They were super conservative. I expect the chiefs to do the same.  Drop everyone back and let Jones and Clark do their thing.  Which is why we readily need to get a run game next season.

That's what I would want my team to do against someone like Allen. Make him work down the field slowly and hit his receivers hard each time for now gain. If possible, keep him from rolling out to extend plays. He'll still score, but not on every drive and not always touchdowns and not via soul-crushing long bombs. That and work hard to give the Bills bad field position, as the Colts did. Then at least you have a chance, especially with a good offense like the Chiefs have. Incidentally, I expect this will be exactly the Bills' plan against KC. The fact is, Allen is terrific. He's smart, savvy, mobile, tough, big and can throw anywhere from any platform against any coverage. He's wired to his receivers and OC, prepares well and is an excellent leader. He's the whole package. And he's 24. ☺️

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Oh, I'm taking to Nick Wright. Have a good one. 

Imagine using a second round and third round pick to justify why a first round pick is a good idea lol.

The bottom line is that you can find quality and star RB’s in the later rounds. It’s the easiest position to pick. And while it’s nice to have a great RB, you are better off with a great player at virtually any other skill position over it. And the bottom of the first round usually has several quality players left at key positions.

CEH was a luxury pick. That doesn’t mean he’s a bad player. But when SEVERAL RB’s drafted after him are as good if not better, you should question the team building strategy. 3 years from now when the Chiefs are capped out, they will need their late first rounders to be quality players at difference maker positions. CB, OT, EDGE etc.

Fournette (4) and McCaffrey (8) were drafted way before TJ Watt (27) in 2017. Alvin Kamara was drafted at 67 that year. AK may be the best RB of them all and even if he isn’t, spending a third on Kamara is INSANELY better value than pick 8 for CMC. It’s really that simple.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, finn said:

That's what I would want my team to do against someone like Allen. Make him work down the field slowly and hit his receivers hard each time for now gain. If possible, keep him from rolling out to extend plays. He'll still score, but not on every drive and not always touchdowns and not via soul-crushing long bombs. That and work hard to give the Bills bad field position, as the Colts did. Then at least you have a chance, especially with a good offense like the Chiefs have. Incidentally, I expect this will be exactly the Bills' plan against KC. The fact is, Allen is terrific. He's smart, savvy, mobile, tough, big and can throw anywhere from any platform against any coverage. He's wired to his receivers and OC, prepares well and is an excellent leader. He's the whole package. And he's 24. ☺️

Idk if I do what we did last time.  I think Buffalo played better mixing in aggressiveness.  Simulate pressure, bring differant guys.  I think the foot is a bigger issue than the concussion protocol.  Get him to roll to left. See how his stability is.  He couldnt throw left accuratley after the injury.

32 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Imagine using a second round and third round pick to justify why a first round pick is a good idea lol.

The bottom line is that you can find quality and star RB’s in the later rounds. It’s the easiest position to pick. And while it’s nice to have a great RB, you are better off with a great player at virtually any other skill position over it. And the bottom of the first round usually has several quality players left at key positions.

CEH was a luxury pick. That doesn’t mean he’s a bad player. But when SEVERAL RB’s drafted after him are as good if not better, you should question the team building strategy. 3 years from now when the Chiefs are capped out, they will need their late first rounders to be quality players at difference maker positions. CB, OT, EDGE etc.

Fournette (4) and McCaffrey (8) were drafted way before TJ Watt (27) in 2017. Alvin Kamara was drafted at 67 that year. AK may be the best RB of them all and even if he isn’t, spending a third on Kamara is INSANELY better value than pick 8 for CMC. It’s really that simple.

Except getting Kamara with a 3rd is a lucky role of the dice. If they redrafted his year Karma is a top 20 pick. 

I mean, who can be a 1700 total yard producer next year in round 3? Give me one name?

The third round is usually going to produce backs like Motor and Moss who will never come close to Kamara's impact.

I prefer Ettienne to Harris bc he can catch 50 passes a year out of the backfield. He may not be there when we pick in the 1st, definitely won't be there in the 2nd. 

I want a home run threat out of the backfield who can be deadly in the passing game. We're never going to pay that rb in free agency. 

Also, tell me who the league leader next year in sacks will be who can get get at the end of the 1st?

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Except getting Kamara with a 3rd is a lucky role of the dice. If they redrafted his year Karma is a top 20 pick. 

I mean, who can be a 1700 total yard producer next year in round 3? Give me one name?

The third round is usually going to produce backs like Motor and Moss who will never come close to Kamara's impact.

I prefer Ettienne to Harris bc he can catch 50 passes a year out of the backfield. He may not be there when we pick in the 1st, definitely won't be there in the 2nd. 

I want a home run threat out of the backfield who can be deadly in the passing game. We're never going to pay that rb in free agency. 

Also, tell me who the league leader next year in sacks will be who can get get at the end of the 1st?

Oh here we go. The old “drafting isn’t a perfect science so you can’t devise a strategy” take.

Derrick Henry was a second rounder. Nick Chubb was a second rounder. Miles Sanders was a second rounder. David Montgomery was a third rounder. Antonio Gibson was a third rounder. Kareem Hunt was a third rounder. Devonta Freeman a fourth rounder. Leveon Bell a second rounder.

The list goes on and on and on. You don’t draft a running back to play for you for 10 years! You don’t waste a first round pick for a guy who you won’t pay past his rookie deal if he plays well! 

Here are positions you spend a first rounder on: QB, EDGE, interior pass rusher, LT, CB. THAT’S IT. Because if those players become All-Pros you will NEVER EVER let them leave the building. If a first round becomes an All-Pros, there’s a 50-50 chance he’s playing on a new team after his rookie deal.

It’s a horrible investment and horrible team building strategy. If CEH is an All-Pro, you think KC will pay him with Mahomes and Kelce and Hill and all of their bloated money on the books? When they can get the same production from UDFA Damien Williams? NO CHANCE.

23 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Oh here we go. The old “drafting isn’t a perfect science so you can’t devise a strategy” take.

Derrick Henry was a second rounder. Nick Chubb was a second rounder. Miles Sanders was a second rounder. David Montgomery was a third rounder. Antonio Gibson was a third rounder. Kareem Hunt was a third rounder. Devonta Freeman a fourth rounder. Leveon Bell a second rounder.

The list goes on and on and on. You don’t draft a running back to play for you for 10 years! You don’t waste a first round pick for a guy who you won’t pay past his rookie deal if he plays well! 

Here are positions you spend a first rounder on: QB, EDGE, interior pass rusher, LT, CB. THAT’S IT. Because if those players become All-Pros you will NEVER EVER let them leave the building. If a first round becomes an All-Pros, there’s a 50-50 chance he’s playing on a new team after his rookie deal.

It’s a horrible investment and horrible team building strategy. If CEH is an All-Pro, you think KC will pay him with Mahomes and Kelce and Hill and all of their bloated money on the books? When they can get the same production from UDFA Damien Williams? NO CHANCE.

You draft a RB in round 1 if he is franchise altering and the best player available when your Super Bowl window is open now.  There are 2 of those guys this year. 

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

You draft a RB in round 1 if he is franchise altering and the best player available when your Super Bowl window is open now.  There are 2 of those guys this year. 

No you don’t. 

There no such thing as a “franchise altering RB” lol

Please look at the RB’s of the remaining teams. How many franchise altering backs are suiting up this weekend? 

Edited by FireChans

On 1/18/2021 at 3:51 PM, RobbRiddick said:

I have no problem with anyone picking against the Bills. It doesn't make them haters. I think a lot of people saw the Ravens as a bad matchup for the Bills and you can kind of see why. 

we are playing top teams. Many of these games will be near coin flips. No shame in that. He’s taking his best shot, not trying to be a purist bills fan