Chris Simms: I've never seen the Ravens D show that much respect to a QB

RobbRiddick

16 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Everyone is picking KC cause until buffalo wins at all we will never get respect!

Even if the Bills beat the Chiefs, the majority of the talking heads will blame it on Mahomes not being 100% rather than giving the Bills full credit. Everyone can definitely count on that coming. 

3 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Even if the Bills beat the Chiefs, the majority of the talking heads will blame it on Mahomes not being 100% rather than giving the Bills full credit. Everyone can definitely count on that coming. 

We have to win it all. Then finally the respect.

17 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Scum. Subhuman scum. 

Lol I dont understand what it is with kc...are they really that much better than us offensive weapons-wise?...I just dont see them as this unbeatable juggernaut and I like to think im being pretty objective about it haha if mahomes has a nagging foot injury we really should be favored imo.  Josh was in a shoulder sling and milano was out and it was one of aj kleins first couple starts our first meeting against them and despite all that we were still in the game late in the 4th.  On the flip side if Stefanski didn't lose his mind and try to play a lot of man coverage in the first half the chiefs probably wouldve lost to the browns 

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Lol I dont understand what it is with kc...are they really that much better than us offensive weapons-wise?...I just dont see them as this unbeatable juggernaut and I like to think im being pretty objective about it haha if mahomes has a nagging foot injury we really should be favored imo.  Josh was in a shoulder sling and milano was out and it was one of aj kleins first couple starts our first meeting against them and despite all that we were still in the game late in the 4th.  On the flip side if Stefanski didn't lose his mind and try to play a lot of man coverage in the first half the chiefs probably wouldve lost to the browns 

The national media is basically convinced that the Chiefs have been waiting for the playoffs to turn up the intensity and that they can do so at will.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

The national media is basically convinced that the Chiefs have been waiting for the playoffs to turn up the intensity and that they can do so at will.

Thats 100% accurate as to what the media thinks and it makes 0 logical sense.  The chiefs have been sleepwalking against average teams and theyre just gonna wake up and win a shootout on command when their star qb clearly has a foot injury?...mahomes was missing routine wide open throws that Chad henne probably makes because he couldn't step into his throws  😁 i just dont get on paper how the chiefs are a whole tier above us....they have the worst defense we've faced in like two months haha football outsiders has them below the jets even...they're one of the worst defensive units we've seen all year but theyre just gonna figure it out because they are the chiefs?

What about breeland too...if he's out with a concussion and were going 4wr or 5wr sets who the heck do they have in coverage

The Bills are currently tied for their longest winning streak in team history at 8 wins. This franchise has never won 9 games in a row before. Now is as good a time as there has ever been for this team to make history. 

1 hour ago, BillsFan692 said:

We have to win it all. Then finally the respect.

Funny how other teams get respect without doing as much as the Bills have accomplished this year. Definitely a double standard. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billznut said:

The Bills are currently tied for their longest winning streak in team history at 8 wins. This franchise has never won 9 games in a row before. Now is as good a time as there has ever been for this team to make history. 

Call me crazy but I really think they are gonna do it...and I dont even mean that as a fan wanting it to happen lol the chiefs entire defense is one guy making qbs lives miserable when they drop back to pass and our offensive line has been great in pass protection...I dont really understand what these 'experts' are seeing on paper to unanimously call the game for the chiefs before its played.  If you gave me the choice between playing the ravens in a wind storm or the chiefs im taking the chiefs every time.

It does make me nervous that I somehow feel good about this game because I've been nervous for all the other ones and we've been winning haha 

All the national talking heads have to fall back on continually is the October game when they keep proclaiming the Chiefs so much better than us. They conveniently leave out facts such as the injuries we dealt with that week and how we have played ever since that game. It doesn’t fit their narrative. Can’t wait for them to all look like idiots. 

10 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

Sorry man - disagree with you too.  Everyone's been trying to key in our passing game all year and few have slowed it down, much less stopped it.  There's little reason to go away from our obvious strength, especially with the way that rules are these days.  

Let next year work itself out.  I'm concentrating on winning on Sunday.  And the best way to do that is let Josh sling the rock all over the frigging field

Balance is critical to a sustained success. If all a team does is pass, DC's will find ways to slow you down. A DC only having to worry about the passing game makes their job so much easier. I think people forget that having a one dimensional passing offense puts your QB in a position to absorb more hits. Defenses pin their ears back when they know it's pass first and ball security is more at risk in a pass heavy offense. Maybe time has passed me by, but look around the league, where you'll see maybe all successful offenses have a functional if not strong running game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, FireChans said:

And CEH wasn’t even the best RB in his class, let alone worth a late first.

Wasted picks like that is how you end up shortening a Super Bowl window.

Let's agree that Taylor was the best RB in the draft. He nearly had 1,500 all purpose yards, 300 of which were receiving out of the backfield. He also had 12 TD's. 

You think that kind of production is a waste of a late 1st round pick?

I'll be very happy if the Bills get Travis Ettienne or Najee Harris.

29 minutes ago, Steve Evans said:

Balance is critical to a sustained success. If all a team does is pass, DC's will find ways to slow you down. A DC only having to worry about the passing game makes their job so much easier. I think people forget that having a one dimensional passing offense puts your QB in a position to absorb more hits. Defenses pin their ears back when they know it's pass first and ball security is more at risk in a pass heavy offense. Maybe time has passed me by, but look around the league, where you'll see maybe all successful offenses have a functional if not strong running game.

I totally agree but I dont think 'running' has to be handing the ball off to your running back in a traditional sense.  A lot of those TE screens and wr screens and jet sweeps and designed qb runs accomplish that goal...handing the ball off to Singletary/moss/whoever 25 times per game is not how this team is built. I think thats why we saw daboll call all those designed qb runs against the Colts and we hit pretty big on a few of them. Bucs bills chiefs are all top four passing offenses...the league is all pick plays and freak athlete wrs running crossing routes now lol. I also don't think teams are often surprised by a running play.  I think we're really underselling how difficult our offense is to stop...diggs is very very difficult to cover and you have to spy allen and Cole beasley is really good at improvising and finding the holes in zone coverage...then brown is a burner that can take a top off the defense...theres no way you can cover all of that even if you know a pass is coming...a lot of these defenses that like to play man and bring pressure have to throw their whole defensive identity away when they play us 

6 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Another Monday, another Chris Simms Said Something About Josh Allen thread.

At least this time he's right about Allen. But it is true that the Ravens held the Bills to 10 offensive points and 220 total offensive yards. So the positive spin is "don't blitz Allen or he'll kill you," but the negative spin is the Ravens found a way to contain him.

They have a great defense.  They peaked and got healthy at the right time.  Their last five games they gave up 14, 13, 3, 13, and 17.  They ranked 2nd overall in points against and 7th overall in yards allowed per game.  I'm surprised Don Martindale hasn't been a serious coaching candidate this offseason.

13 hours ago, Reader said:

It's almost as if a lot of football teams having really good players and compelling arguments to pick either team to win a football game.

No lol. In this case Ravens are great running team including running QB. Bills suck at stopping the run even as they got better at it late in season.

Bills great passing team. Ravens great at stopping the pass.

Any impartial non emotional expert would have picked the Ravens to win.

Home field not really an advantage either as only very low attendance was allowed. Bills crowd did roar and seemed to affect the Ravens calls some but that would not have been factored into or expected before the game when making a prediction.

2 hours ago, Steve Evans said:

I submit there is no such thing as a "pass-only" offense that you can game plan for.

There is a reason why RBs are devalued in today's NFL. Even a mediocre running back (I don't consider ours "mediocre" but looking at DVOA if the shoe fits...) can make runs and get yards with a modicum of success and low chance of catastrophic failure. At minimum, a RB carry is an assured way to keep a clock moving.

A bad QB means you have a high chance of at best stopping the clock (assuming you don't want to) and at worst a significantly higher chance of turning the ball over.

If you ever had a defense that legitimately sold out to stop the pass, you'd have to give it a unique name...I know, we'll call it the "prevent defense."

I could run for 4 YPC against a prevent.

I didn't even have a problem with the game plan against the Ravens. It set them up perfectly for the one drive we scored.

The popular opinion is that when we finally started running the ball is when we finally started moving for a TD drive. I'd say that running worked then because we'd passed so many times, even when the Ravens and everyone thought we'd HAVE to run THIS time...okay THIS time for sure...okay, they've gotta run now right? RIGHT? that when we did we broke off those longer runs. And then it opened up the pass again because they had no idea what we'd do.

P.S. a five yard pass to a slot receiver or screen to a RB is still five yards. Who cares if we ran it or threw it?

14 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean to be fair we'd just given up a bunch of rushing yards in the Colts game and were now going up against probably the top rushing team in the league.

The thing is Phil "The Thrill" Rivers can destroy you with the passing game if you stack 8-9 in the box.

You really don't have that kind of threat with Lamar.

I would rather give up a few big runs on throwing downs when your up 2 scores than give up big chunks through the air.

They (Colts) didn't move the ball effectively until they got behind.

If they could shred the Bills D easily why were they playing from behind?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They didn't look to crisp against the Browns.

If Higgins doesn't fumble for a touch back that game changes drastically at that point.(I know if its and buts were candy and nuts then every day would be Christmas)

I also think the Browns should have went for it on 4th down as I think they were playing with house money at that point.

Nobody thought they would be within a score at that point of the game.

The Chiefs are beatable even with Mahomee on home field. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Let's agree that Taylor was the best RB in the draft. He nearly had 1,500 all purpose yards, 300 of which were receiving out of the backfield. He also had 12 TD's. 

You think that kind of production is a waste of a late 1st round pick?

I'll be very happy if the Bills get Travis Ettienne or Najee Harris.

Taylor wasn’t drafted in the first! 

Why do you keep making my points for me?