Chris Simms: I've never seen the Ravens D show that much respect to a QB

RobbRiddick

Great review of the game. He also says Allen is like Mahomes in that he has come to enjoy the blitz being thrown at him because he knows how to punish it now. "That's about as conservative I've seen the Ravens play on the defensive side of the ball EVER".

The section I'm quoting starts at 14 minutes

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 11

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Did he happen to mention that he picked the Ravens to win the game?

Oddly enough, Chris has picked against us several times, he likes Josh, but I think he distrusts the team. Jmo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

He did. 

I was listening to Ross Tucker's podcast earlier and he was saying he'd been getting tweets calling him a traitor for picking the Ravens. He had to explain that just because he thought the Ravens would win it doesn't mean he doesn't want the Bills to win.

I really like Simms. Says what he really thinks instead of chasing clicks and views. He was high on Allen before the draft, I saw one show where I'm pretty sure people were laughing at him for saying he was the best of the 2018 class

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Oddly enough, Chris has picked against us several times, he likes Josh, but I think he distrusts the team. Jmo.

I have no problem with anyone picking against the Bills. It doesn't make them haters. I think a lot of people saw the Ravens as a bad matchup for the Bills and you can kind of see why. 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I mean to be fair we'd just given up a bunch of rushing yards in the Colts game and were now going up against probably the top rushing team in the league.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

I have no problem with anyone picking against the Bills. It doesn't make them haters. I think a lot of people saw the Ravens as a bad matchup for the Bills and you can kind of see why. 

Oh I understand that, I was just saying that he had picked against the Bills multiple times this season, Chris is objective in his criticisms, that’s what makes his show one of the best. 

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

It's almost as if a lot of football teams having really good players and compelling arguments to pick either team to win a football game.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

"The conditions were set up perfectly for the Ravens to win this game."

finally somebody ***** said it.

I've watched a few clips from a number of shows I usually never bother with today and it's interesting how they twist the narrative to suit what they want to talk about.

On one of them someone (can't remember which 'expert' it was) talked about how the wind was screwing up the Ravens kicking game and snaps but failed to mention our own missed FGs or the fact that the wind also affected our passing game. They also tended to phase their big Question of the Day as "why did the Ravens lose? Was it down to Lamar?" rather than giving any credit to a phenomenal defensive gameplan by the Bills.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

"The conditions were set up perfectly for the Ravens to win this game."

finally somebody ***** said it.

I guess I don’t count?   :)

It was pretty obvious that the wind should hurt the team that refused to run the ball (that would be us). That made me even more impressed that they stuck with the game plan and Josh still completed 62%. That’s higher than last season’s number under horrible conditions. Crazy circumstances......and we STILL won!  

Good listen and great points. It is really interesting to see how the Ravens dropped into coverage and didn't blitz much.

That's the next level for Josh Allen. Knowing how to dissect zone coverage and take the checkdown when needed. Developing that quick pass game. He is already proficient, but he could be better.

For some reason the offense has gotten away from pre-snap movement. I hope we get back to that in this next game. Maybe Daboll has been saving some stuff for KC.