Jeremy Pruitt fired for cause Univ. Of TN is a mess

BuffaloBill

15 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/football/2021/01/18/jeremy-pruitt-fired-tennessee-football-coaching-search-vols/6413502002/

Huge news here in Knoxville. Phil Fuller also “retiring” as AD. Time will tell how hard it will be for this program to bounce back.

Do recruiting violations still have severe penalties for the program?

2 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

NCAA will hammer Tennessee because they don't need them for ratings, supposedly Georgia is caught as well but I wouldn't expect much to come of them.

Though one does have to wonder, TN only won what 3 or 4 games? You had to cheat to get that? Lol

College football is something that I can’t fully enjoy because I occasionally remember the NCAA being more worried about how to get Penn State back on TV than what actually happened there.  I don’t doubt that a team like Tennessee would be punished more than Georgia.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

NCAA will hammer Tennessee because they don't need them for ratings, supposedly Georgia is caught as well but I wouldn't expect much to come of them.

Though one does have to wonder, TN only won what 3 or 4 games? You had to cheat to get that? Lol

When they say fired for cause, that was the cause, not the handouts.

• Like (+1) 1

This is the second article I've seen from "Vol Wire" stumping for Lance Leipold now that former UB AD Danny White is their AD. Hmmm.

https://volswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/21/tennessee-vols-football-danny-white-athletics-director-buffalo-head-coach-lance-leipold/

Edited by PromoTheRobot

On 1/18/2021 at 4:40 PM, BuffaloBill said:

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/football/2021/01/18/jeremy-pruitt-fired-tennessee-football-coaching-search-vols/6413502002/

Huge news here in Knoxville. Phil Fuller also “retiring” as AD. Time will tell how hard it will be for this program to bounce back.

A niedermeyer and a rhyming name as assistants? Doomed to fail!  

"Tennessee also fired assistant coaches Brian Niedermeyer and Shelton Felton for cause on Monday, along with seven members of the football program’s recruiting and support staff."

3 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Tennessee is a dumpster 🔥. If a coach has other options he should take them instead. Even with no penalties they don't have enough in state talent to compete and they are surrounded by Clemson, Bama, Georgia etc.

Winning there would be extremely difficult. 

Historically there has been talent here and coaches have been able to recruit.  TN has a huge and exceptionally avid following.  People here bleed orange and white. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2021 at 1:03 PM, Southern_Bills said:

Tennessee is a dumpster 🔥. If a coach has other options he should take them instead. Even with no penalties they don't have enough in state talent to compete and they are surrounded by Clemson, Bama, Georgia etc.

Winning there would be extremely difficult. 

Al Washington is the LB coach at Ohio state making 500k. He was offered 1.2 mill/yr to be their DC. He turned it down. Yikes. 

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Al Washington is the LB coach at Ohio state making 500k. He was offered 1.2 mill/yr to be their DC. He turned it down. Yikes. 

Smartest move in his career. LB coach at Ohio state will lead to opportunities and you don't want to waste it on Tennessee. 

I admit I'm biased against Tennessee, but even all that aside, Tennessee is probably the worst D1 coaching gig going right now. 

They have difficulty recruiting talent, all the talent they managed to scrape together is transferring, and they are going on sanctions.

The entire football program will be place holders for when they get off sanctions.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.