Report: Daboll will remain with Bills in 2021

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think I remember Daboll as Bama's offensive coordinator wanting to replace Tua with Hurts a lot sooner than Saban was willing.  Not sure if he believes in Hurts or doesn't like the idea of dealing with the headache of Wentz's contract.  It's interesting he was willing to interview with other teams but not the Eagles though.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

I think I remember Daboll as Bama's offensive coordinator wanting to replace Tua with Hurts a lot sooner than Saban was willing.  Not sure if he believes in Hurts or doesn't like the idea of dealing with the headache of Wentz's contract.  It's interesting he was willing to interview with other teams but not the Eagles though.

I also wonder if McDermott and Boyko still have enough ties there to help vet the situation and advised him to stay away 

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm sure it also doesn't help that they are $53 mil over the cap too, only team worse off is the Saints which there's an entire thread on that one.

So hows that work out when the dead cap is a smaller number than the Cap hit if you cut the guy??

Fletcher Cox: Dead cap: $21 mil, Cap hit $24 mil.

where as:

Wentz: Dead cap: $59 mil, Cap hit $35 mil  I assume if they cut hit they'd take the whole $59 mil cap hit?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I also wonder if McDermott and Boyko still have enough ties there to help vet the situation and advised him to stay away 

Hearing former NFL exec Mike Lombardi talk on the Pat Mcafee show.  Philly issue is as a coach you are not talking with the owner.  You dont know what kind of team they want.  You dont know what they want to change.  Its the telephone game basically.  The GM or whoever has the ear can manuver in a way to save themselves.  Kinda like what happen in the 2000's in Buffalo.