Report: Daboll will remain with Bills in 2021

YoloinOhio

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Apparently not interested in the other two openings 

Great news! One more year of offensive stability and continuity for our young stud of a QB. Eventually Daboll will move on to a HC gig and a new offensive coordinator will arrive, which will be part of a normal maturation and learning process for Allen. By then it wont really matter who the offensive coordinator is - the star was already born. 

As for Daboll, i dont blame him at all for not leaving if the opportunity isnt absolutely perfect. The guy has an awesome gig running this offense and being close to home. So many offensive coordinators jump for the first opportunity they see as a HC and fall flat on their face bc it was likely a less than ideal situation for them to begin with. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

When you are coaching an elite Quarterback and therefore running a top offense your window is wider.

Yeah and whether you and I like it or not they probably put some more valuable chips into upgrading the RB position this offseason and have an even more consistent and balanced offense next year than this one.     And then maybe if he gets a HC job next year it will be a no-brainer and he will take the job during WC week while the Bills are on a bye.:thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah and whether you and I like it or not they probably put some more valuable chips into upgrading the RB position this offseason and have an even more consistent and balanced offense next year than this one.     And then maybe if he gets a HC job next year it will be a no-brainer and he will take the job during WC week while the Bills are on a bye.:thumbsup:

I really hope no more valuable resources at running backs. A day 3 flier in the 6th round, knock yourselves out. No more proper picks. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I think Daboll would have taken the Chargers job. They are in a decent spot. First they have a good young QB with 3 years and a option left on his rookie deal. They have a good WR corp and a solid RB along with pieces on defense. Their cap isn't in too bad of a shape either. They have some space and some fat they can cut or restructure on the roster. But thankfully he didn't get the job and he returns for one more year.

Very few people know for sure.  I surely don't.  Like we both said, glad he's staying for at least 1 more year.

He's got a lot of unfinished business to get the O better than it is now.

20 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

Not always sure why a hot Coordinator would turn down a job even from a dysfunctional franchise

Oftentimes a coordinator is the "hot" commodity and only has a small window of opportunity to capitalize

The difference in pay between coordinator and head coach is astronomical and you might never get another chance

We hear that argument every year, yet every year, HC positions open up.

The flip side of that argument is that many coordinators will jump on whatever HC position is offered and, perhaps through no fault of their own, fail miserably and never get another chance. Examples include Pettine, Schwartz, McDaniels, Crennel ...

• Agree 2

I really hope no more valuable resources at running backs. A day 3 flier in the 6th round, know yourselves out. No more proper picks. 

I feel like it's coming tho.  Especially after advancing this far,  having weather scares for their pass heavy offense and poor rushing production in the playoffs.

After Cody Ford I am still not entirely convinced they fully understand that you wanna' save those picks for premium $ positions.   I expect Travis Etienne maybe.   Same logic Chiefs used with CEH last draft.  

Hopefully I am wrong and they don't use a primo pick on a back and rather their scouting department finds the inevitably comparably productive gem late in the draft or UFA............. but I expect the potential short term returns on a RB will be tempting to McBeane the same way they were with Singletary/Moss picks.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I feel like it's coming tho.  Especially after advancing this far,  having weather scares for their pass heavy offense and poor rushing production in the playoffs.

After Cody Ford I am still not entirely convinced they fully understand that you wanna' save those picks for premium $ positions.   I expect Travis Etienne maybe.   Same logic Chiefs used with CEH last draft.  

Hopefully I am wrong and they don't use a primo pick on a back and rather their scouting department finds the inevitably comparably productive gem late in the draft or UFA............. but I expect the potential short term returns on a RB will be tempting to McBeane the same way they were with Singletary/Moss picks.

I'd be stunned if they used the late 1st on a running back. Genuinely stunned. Now a day 2 pick.... that wouldn't shock me but I would dislike it immensely. I am pretty sure their first round pick will be on defense.  

• Like (+1) 3

I'd be stunned if they used the late 1st on a running back. Genuinely stunned. Now a day 2 pick.... that wouldn't shock me but I would dislike it immensely. I am pretty sure their first round pick will be on defense.  

I'd bet a month paycheck on defense being the first pick... we need more LB's. and dlineman... (pass rushing End / and a HUGE SPACE EATER) Offense a monster guard would be nice and it would not surprise me to see them go after a center either.  we are pretty set at everything else on Offense (Williams might be the physical runner we are looking for next year).  Defense needs some work and some personal tweaking. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree. Better be on an edge rusher. Or perhaps DB. 32 isn’t far off from where we found Tre 😉

56 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Philly job is a bit more desirable in my opinion. Hurts is a decent young QB and they have their draft choices and while their cap is hell you could easily sell them on a 2 year rebuild of let's develop Hurts and get out of cap hell. The issue with Philly is that their GM appears to want a lot of control over the coaching staff.

except the owner wants  Wentz and just fired his coach who wanted Hurts

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That would be 3 premium picks used on RBs in 3 years, for a passing offense.  Would be borderline insane.  Tight end on the other hand, you help the running game, the short passing game, opens up the offense, etc.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That would be 3 premium picks used on RBs in 3 years, for a passing offense.  Would be borderline insane.  Tight end on the other hand, you help the running game, the short passing game, opens up the offense, etc.

I haven't looked at the whole tight end class yet but I have done Kyle Pitts. No chance he is there where we pick but if he was I would sprint to the podium. And I generally hate tight ends in the 1st. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1