Report: Daboll will remain with Bills in 2021

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

With the chargers thing, I wonder if he tries to go scorched earth on the chiefs. he might want to show them what they are missing vs the best team in their division. 

I'd hope he wants to go scorched earth every week, but the ingredients are certainly there..

Revenge game.  He knows we likely need to put up a lot of points.  Played a top 10 defense WC Round, then a Top 5 defense in the Divisional Round, now the Chiefs Defense.. one of these things are not like the other.     

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

My main issue is that how dedicated is the ownership of the Jags, Jets and Chargers? I know the Jets are never afraid to spend money but the Jags and Chargers have been called cheap before. Also how willing is ownership to let a GM and coach combo go to work? The Jags are a coaches dream as they have a generational QB at the top of the draft and an extra 1st round selection on top of the massive amount of cap space. But is their ownership willing to spend? I have heard good things about the Kahn's but they never seem to get the right people to run their organization. Does that have anything to do with them or is it just bad luck?

I think they(Khans) mean well.

They didn't get rich by being stupid.

Their GM's just bust out on every QB maybe this time they get it right.

28 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I'll buy that for a dollar!!! Good news. But if he adds even an average running game next year to compliment the passing game he'll get a HC gig for sure.

I have to think a playmaker at RB is on the to-do list this off-season.

So happy to hear Daboll likely won't leave. We need continuity right now.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, JMF2006 said:

I think they(Khans) mean well.

They didn't get rich by being stupid.

Their GM's just bust out on every QB maybe this time they get it right.

The Kahns seem to know how to run a professional wrestling promotion well but they never get the right GM/Coach/QB combo for some reason. And it isn't like they are cheap or meddling either. It might just be bad luck honestly. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not always sure why a hot Coordinator would turn down a job even from a dysfunctional franchise

Oftentimes a coordinator is the "hot" commodity and only has a small window of opportunity to capitalize

The difference in pay between coordinator and head coach is astronomical and you might never get another chance

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

The Kahns seem to know how to run a professional wrestling promotion well but they never get the right GM/Coach/QB combo for some reason. And it isn't like they are cheap or meddling either. It might just be bad luck honestly. 

Yeah AEW is a hot property

Just now, ticketssince61 said:

Not always sure why a hot Coordinator would turn down a job even from a dysfunctional franchise

Oftentimes a coordinator is the "hot" commodity and only has a small window of opportunity to capitalize

The difference in pay between coordinator and head coach is astronomical and you might never get another chance

When you are coaching an elite Quarterback and therefore running a top offense your window is wider.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, wppete said:

Yeah I agree. Can’t see Leslie Going to Houston especially after the News Deshaun want out and it’s almost a certainty he is gone.... The Houston job and Philly job seem like disasters...

I could see Leslie say he'd like to talk to Deshaun before he took the job.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Which is why I think Urban is the right sort of hire. They keep hiring people who are maybes to be able to run a programme. They know Urban can. Give him the keys and let him run. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

When you are coaching an elite Quarterback and therefore running a top offense your window is wider.

Yup - If Daboll is turning down HC jobs, he's clearly not worried about a regression.  

I know the Bills played to really good defenses in the last two playoff games. But the offense looked a bit out of sync. The WRs are pretty banged up so maybe that's it. But I do wonder if Daboll was a little distracted by the head coaching stuff. Interviews take a lot of preparation. Researching then reaching out to potential assistants takes a lot of time.