4-5 impactful plays that define the game

We always see this after a w/l and how "if only this happened" excuses.  Yes I'm going to lay them out from my perspective Saturday.

1. Tucker hits the post twice - Bass misses one too early affected by the wind (later one the Bills were up 14).

2. Lamar pressured and can't complete to a wide open Brown and then 101 yard Pick 6 (too bad Lamar doesn't have Josh's arm strength).

3. Josh Fumble recovered by Bills (Ravens fumbled it 5X's! recovered them all).

4. Huntly overthrows Brown on 4th down and would have scored a TD (Allen overthrows Diggs on what would have been a TD too)

5. Buffalo plays lax defense & 2nd & 30 and allows an easy 12 yard gain & then 3rd down conversion (costs the Bills huge field position and eventually leads the the FG before HT).

6. Huntley's first play they allow a 20 yards scamper again lax on defense and then punt goes 56 yards flipping field position.  

So yes the pick 6 was the play of the game, but look at it closer & the Ravens actually got the better of those impactful plays.

Edited by Billsfan1972

There are similar moments in almost every game and probably every close game. There were plenty of "what ifs" for both teams and It is impossible to know how any one of them would have affected the ultimate outcome of the game had they gone differently.

Edited by billsfan1959

10 minutes ago, teef said:

what were you unloading?

Really???  More a response to those claiming Baltimore woulda/shoulda/coulda if 1, 2, 3 or 4 happened.....  

Obviously #2 was what ultimately decided the game, but I look at Bass missing one, the Diggs overthrow, 5 recovered fumbles and two plays at the Baltimore goal line that flipped field position that could have gone Buffalo's way.

Yes I replay the game in my head.😉

Edited by Billsfan1972

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Really???  More a response to those claiming Baltimore woulda/shoulda/coulda if 1, 2, 3 or 4 happened.....  

Obviously #2 was what ultimately decided the game, but I look at Bass missing one, the Diggs overthrow, 5 recovered fumbles and two plays at the Baltimore goal line that flipped field position that could have gone Buffalo's way.

Yes I replay the game in my head.😉

i don't get it.

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

We always see this after a w/l and how "if only this happened" excuses.  Yes I'm going to lay them out from my perspective Saturday.

1. Tucker hits the post twice - Bass misses one too early affected by the wind (later one the Bills were up 14).

2. Lamar pressured and can't complete to a wide open Brown and then 101 yard Pick 6 (too bad Lamar doesn't have Josh's arm strength).

3. Josh Fumble recovered by Bills (Ravens fumbled it 5X's! recovered them all).

4. Huntly overthrows Brown on 4th down and would have scored a TD (Allen overthrows Diggs on what would have been a TD too)

5. Buffalo plays lax defense & 2nd & 30 and allows an easy 12 yard gain & then 3rd down conversion (costs the Bills huge field position and eventually leads the the FG before HT).

6. Huntley's first play they allow a 20 yards scamper again lax on defense and then punt goes 56 yards flipping field position.  

So yes the pick 6 was the play of the game, but look at it closer & the Ravens actually got the better of those impactful plays.

The pick 6 far outweighed any of the impactful plays that went in favor of the Ravens.    

The Huntley scramble was not an impactful play b/c the Ravens never scored again.   Bills eventually got the final possession and ran the clock out.  So it didn't change anything.   And I think some of the bad snaps were classified as fumbles, so even though the Ravens recovered the ball, the snaps  lead to negative plays including Jackson getting knocked out of the game.   Ravens did not get the better of those plays on their fumbles

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

The pick 6 far outweighed any of the impactful plays that went in favor of the Ravens.    

The Huntley scramble was not an impactful play b/c the Ravens never scored again.   Bills eventually got the final possession and ran the clock out.  So it didn't change anything.   And I think some of the bad snaps were classified as fumbles, so even though the Ravens recovered the ball, the snaps  lead to negative plays including Jackson getting knocked out of the game.   Ravens did not get the better of those plays on their fumbles

I said of course the pick 6 was the play of the game and that was Lamar's fault.

Josh's sack fumble was a great play by the Raven's and yes fortuitous that the Bills recovered.  

Yes the bad snaps are fumbles, but we saw what happened the week before when it happened to Pitt.  The point was they recovered each one.   

I was just pointing out other plays that did also impact the game.  Though I agree the Huntley scramble was not a big deal in the end, it could have been if on their next possession he does hit Brown on the 4th down.

Just posting some thoughts.

Pretty much every game can be defined by a handful of plays.

Even blowouts start 0-0, and a few early plays start pulling the momentum towards one team.

The thing I find interesting is that Baltimore and Buffalo both missed 2 field goals.

The quarterbacks also both missed wide open deep throws, which likely would have gone for touchdowns.

Both defenses were tough, and yards were not easy to come by.  The difference in the game was that when Buffalo got down into the Red Zone in the 3rd Quarter, they punched it into the endzone.  When the Ravens did the same, they threw a pick-6.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Pretty much every game can be defined by a handful of plays.

Even blowouts start 0-0, and a few early plays start pulling the momentum towards one team.

The thing I find interesting is that Baltimore and Buffalo both missed 2 field goals.

The quarterbacks also both missed wide open deep throws, which likely would have gone for touchdowns.

Both defenses were tough, and yards were not easy to come by.  The difference in the game was that when Buffalo got down into the Red Zone in the 3rd Quarter, they punched it into the endzone.  When the Ravens did the same, they threw a pick-6.

Yep......  Pretty simple, but as said replaying game & I'm sure Raven's fans are using the first 4 as they lament their loss (and I've countered in 1,3 & 4) and then complaining the two times we didn't keep them pinned and it flipped field position.

Oh & didn't even complain about Davis not catching a perfect pass from Allen for a TD.....😉

Nuthin but luv, BF1972 

Mighta, shoulda, coulda, woulda, it doesn’t matter, the Ravens couldn’t even score one touchdown, and because of that they lost.  Why go through the machinations of things that didn’t happen... it’s so pff.

Go Bills!!! 

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Nuthin but luv, BF1972 

Mighta, shoulda, coulda, woulda, it doesn’t matter, the Ravens couldn’t even score one touchdown, and because of that they lost.  Why go through the machinations of things that didn’t happen... it’s so pff.

Go Bills!!! 

Agreed just pointing out things went both ways.....  Wasn't a one way street, that I'm sure Raven's fans and many in the media are talking about.....

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Agreed just pointing out things went both ways.....  Wasn't a one way street, that I'm sure Raven's fans and many in the media are talking about.....

Games rarely are straight forward, there are always plays left on the field.

In at least my view of reality, the Bills out played the ravens on both sides of the ball, sure the pundits and those that were “sure”’ the Ravens would win do what is always done when the team they thought would win loses, they invent false hoods to compensate for their damaged psyches 😁👍 who knows what may happen in the next game, I sure don’t know, but me, I don’t care how ugly the game is as long as we pull it out by whatever means available, I’d even accept a bad call by a ref to seal our win, 👍

Go Bills!!!

12 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Games rarely are straight forward, there are always plays left on the field.

In at least my view of reality, the Bills out played the ravens on both sides of the ball, sure the pundits and those that were “sure”’ the Ravens would win do what is always done when the team they thought would win loses, they invent false hoods to compensate for their damaged psyches 😁👍 who knows what may happen in the next game, I sure don’t know, but me, I don’t care how ugly the game is as long as we pull it out by whatever means available, I’d even accept a bad call by a ref to seal our win, 👍

Go Bills!!!

When you win by 14, I guess they don't care about the impactful plays or misses on your side......😉

On to the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 1