Mahomes passed all tests last night, appears to be pinched nerve, not a concussion

Albany,n.y.

27 minutes ago, SDS said:

YOU ARE NOT A MODERATOR.

I'm stealing this opportunity to say Thank You for the updates to the board, but specifically the like button options. I see they were updated again recently and wanted to thank you publicly but couldn't find a thread of that.

All that too say, THANKS!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

To be honest, I didn't think he got concussed. More like his neck got violently wrenched or pinched, as it were, causing loss of oxygen and/or consciousness. One can get quite woozy from such an event.

Yup. He's lucky not to have a broken neck the way the Browns defender grabbed his helmet with both hands and wrenched his head. Totally filthy play. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think Andy Reid was shaken because he knows how bad that almost was. 

Memo to OCs around the league: don't run your star QB into a pile of defenders to gain a yard. Risk/reward is not worth it. Guys are going to hit extra hard in the playoffs, and if your QB appears dazed at all he's done for the game. That's added incentive. 

If they ran the RB up the middle on that and end up punting they still have several drives with Mahomes later on and ice the game later.  

"Take what the defense gives you" isn't always exciting, but it works most of the time. 

If it's 4th quarter of the Super Bowl, then OK. 3rd quarter of a divisional game that you're going to win anyway is dumb play calling. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

6 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

To be honest, I didn't think he got concussed. More like his neck got violently wrenched or pinched, as it were, causing loss of oxygen and/or consciousness. One can get quite woozy from such an event.

It wasn't a choke hold.  See the video linked and here is a post the doctor made specifically addressing that Patrick did not get choked-out by a choke hold.

-----------------------------------

Pinned by Brian Sutterer MD

Brian Sutterer MD

13 hours ago

For those saying he was choked out, first of all loss of consciousness from low blood flow would not cause fencing response. And second, the compression isn't long enough to cause LOC imo. Think of UFC fights. It takes a good 5+ seconds of a choke for a guy to go out. This was a second or two, maybe. Third, the angle of contact from the defenders arm is more straight down onto shoulder pads, not into the neck directly.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Dictionary

brain

/brān/

noun: brain; plural noun: brains

1. an organ of soft nervous tissue contained in the skull of vertebrates, functioning as the coordinating center of sensation and intellectual and nervous activity.

SEE??? The word nerve is almost mentioned TWICE in the definition!! LOL

I don't mean to make light of Mahomes' pinched brain, but the honks in KC started it.

• Haha (+1) 1

If I'm a Chiefs fan, I'm more worried about the toe.

I'm glad he's playing.  This is kind of the match-up we've all been waiting for; I know some don't care, but I don't want to back into a game as big as the SB. I want the Bills to earn it.

1 minute ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

As an MMA fan, it appeared to me as if he lost consciousness from the neck being constricted versus a blow to the head. 

Rear naked choke type stuff. 

He'll be fine.

And he will lose. 

Go Bills

Have you ever seen any of these professional gladiators able to choke someone unconscious in 2 seconds?  Because that is about how long the tackle took.

• Like (+1) 1