Mahomes passed all tests last night, appears to be pinched nerve, not a concussion

Albany,n.y.

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

🙃

This is the dumbest $*^&! I have ever heard.

Its not even like he has Covid, its an injury. It would be suicide for the NFL to delay the game to wait for him to recover.

Did the NFL delay the AFC Wilcard game when Kelly was hurt?

What about the Super Bowl when Simms was hurt?

No way they should do this and no way they will

4 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

This is the dumbest $*^&! I have ever heard.

Its not even like he has Covid, its an injury. It would be suicide for the NFL to delay the game to wait for him to recover.

Did the NFL delay the AFC Wilcard game when Kelly was hurt?

What about the Super Bowl when Simms was hurt?

No way they should do this and no way they will

Exactly. I don't get why he would say such a stupid thing like this anyways. I didn't watch the segment so don't know if he was being sarcastic or not. But if he was serious it absolutely should go near the top of the list of the many other dumb statements he has made.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

Exactly. I don't get why he would say such a stupid thing like this anyways. I didn't watch the segment so don't know if he was being sarcastic or not. But if he was serious it's absolutely goes near the top of the list of the many other dumb statements he has made.

Clicks

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Clicks

I guess, but it's just such an off the wall dumb statement that I would think hurts him more than helps him. I don't know though, I've never cared for him myself but I'm sure there is quite a few ppl that eat his silly ***** up.

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

I guess, but it's just such an off the wall dumb statement that I would think hurts him more than helps him. I don't know though, I've never cared for him myself but I'm sure there is quite a few ppl that eat his silly ***** up.

My reaction to Yolo's post was to laugh.  It seems to me that people can say any stupid thing that comes into their heads

without any consequences anymore.  In a just world he would be laughed out of the business with that comment.  IMO. 

• Agree 1

I havent gone through all 14 pages of the thread, but someone has pointed out that KC's "explanation" is complete bull *****, right?

There is no magical nerve in your neck that, when pinched, makes you pass out and gives you wobbly legs for minutes afterwards. This isnt Star Trek, there is no Vulcan Death Grip.

Mahomes got concussed. If they want to rush him back out onto the field Sunday, fine. We'll see how his noodle brain holds up.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I havent gone through all 14 pages of the thread, but someone has pointed out that KC's "explanation" is complete bull *****, right?

There is no magical nerve in your neck that, when pinched, makes you pass out and gives you wobbly legs for minutes afterwards. This isnt Star Trek, there is no Vulcan Death Grip.

Mahomes got concussed. If they want to rush him back out onto the field Sunday, fine. We'll see how his noodle brain holds up.

I totally believe 100% (It's probably obvious to most) that he would be out at least 2 weeks easy if this wasn't the AFC Championship. It will be interesting to see how it's handled. Of course depending on the severity(that we don't know behind then scenes) if the NFL tries to say " see, we do put a lot of stock into player safety and kept one of the best players out", 

Or if they try and push the issue and rush it. 

Does anyone remember Troy Aikman’s mediocre performance against us in Super Bowl XXVIII?  Pretty sure he was concussed in the NFC Championship Game.   No concussion protocols back then.  Point is, even if Mahones plays, concussion could impact his game on Sunday.  Oh sorry, his “pinched nerve.”

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Concussed OR a Spinal Injury.

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

His status is not in the Buffalo Bills team or fans control.

If he plays it will mean one way or the other between the "concussion" and his turf toe he will be in a position to take more hits from

the Bills defense.

My only concern (and I'm serious about this) is the refs flagging any close "touch" on him AND if he does get his bell rung again

it will be to the detriment of the Bills player who hits him.  It shouldn't be that way but I bet it has a good chance of happening.

• Like (+1) 1

Reading the chiefs board at lunch today it sounds more and more like the neck/nerve issue could be what happened. He also jogged down a set of stairs and into the locker room without assistance right after, which made me think about the following response on that board:

"Interestingly had Mahomes just laid on the ground for a few minutes and caught his breath and balance he likely would have been able to go back in the game."

If you're seen wobbling like that you're done, no matter what. Optics are too bad if you come back, because nobody will believe you didn't have a concussion. The wobble puts you in the protocol. Terrible PR for the league and a risk, too, in terms of the neck, without further tests to be sure nothing was damaged. 

I would not be surprised at all if what was suggested above has happened before, especially in a playoff game: a player staying down for a minute to collect himself in an effort to stay clear of concussion protocol. That hit didn't look like a concussion inducing hit, so if he was down for a minute then was able to get up there probably wouldn't have been any suspicion. 

6 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

Does anyone remember Troy Aikman’s mediocre performance against us in Super Bowl XXVIII?  Pretty sure he was concussed in the NFC Championship Game.   No concussion protocols back then.  Point is, even if Mahones plays, concussion could impact his game on Sunday.  Oh sorry, his “pinched nerve.”

I think some former Cowboys talked about it on the 4 Falls of Buffalo show... Basically Aikman couldn't even remember the plays and they figured the Bills were going to beat them and finally get the SB win, but the Bills seemed tight and timid, when they were kicking their butts (not on the scoreboard, though). 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Reading the chiefs board at lunch today it sounds more and more like the neck/nerve issue could be what happened. He also jogged down a set of stairs and into the locker room without assistance right after, which made me think about the following response on that board:

That's not a thing tho. There is no nerve that knocks you out and gives you wobbly legs, or the "fencing response" we saw from him. That is all concussion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

"Interestingly had Mahomes just laid on the ground for a few minutes and caught his breath and balance he likely would have been able to go back in the game."

If you're seen wobbling like that you're done, no matter what. Optics are too bad if you come back, because nobody will believe you didn't have a concussion. The wobble puts you in the protocol. Terrible PR for the league and a risk, too, in terms of the neck, without further tests to be sure nothing was damaged. 

I would not be surprised at all if what was suggested above has happened before, especially in a playoff game: a player staying down for a minute to collect himself in an effort to stay clear of concussion protocol. That hit didn't look like a concussion inducing hit, so if he was down for a minute then was able to get up there probably wouldn't have been any suspicion. 

I think some former Cowboys talked about it on the 4 Falls of Buffalo show... Basically Aikman couldn't even remember the plays and they figured the Bills were going to beat them and finally get the SB win, but the Bills seemed tight and timid, when they were kicking their butts (not on the scoreboard, though). 

I also remember Kelly smashing his head into the artificial turf during the SB vs the skins. He was absolutely gone after that but went back in anyway

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

That's not a thing tho. There is no nerve that knocks you out and gives you wobbly legs, or the "fencing response" we saw from him. That is all concussion.

I have no idea. I thought it was his neck being twisted cutting off blood flow. If the Browns player HAD been trying to rip his head off I have no idea what he would have done differently. 

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

I have no idea. I thought it was his neck being twisted cutting off blood flow. If the Browns player HAD been trying to rip his head off I have no idea what he would have done differently. 

All good. Lots of bad info spreading out there. Most by the Chiefs.

That is a "sleeper hold". It takes a longer time being held in that position to knock someone out. It is certainly not instantly or in the 1-2 seconds Mahomes neck was torqued. He did not pass out from lack of blood flow to the brain. He was knocked out by a concussion.

• Agree 2

30 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Look at all the attention it has gotten him...by now I'm surprised that people haven't realized that saying stupidly outlandish things that are well beyond insane is what many attention getters who refer to themselves as media do.. How does it hurt him? Your attention is just as good as someone who thinks he said something brilliant with incredible insight. 

.. and every time someone has a meltdown at some comment someone made then jumps off the toilet mid-poop to rush to post it to a message board then they have a huge win because that attention is turned into dollars.