Mahomes passed all tests last night, appears to be pinched nerve, not a concussion

Albany,n.y.

1 hour ago, Captain Caveman said:

C'mon, don't be classless

Classless?  WTF you talking about. 

I remember that from when it happened 

I was sad to see a great player play too long and end his career that way. 

so please keep your poor assumptions to yourself 

and @Teddy KGB

don’t be a troll. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I was sad to see a great play too long and end his career that way. 

Its pretty classless.    Concussions are serious.      

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

no ***** Sherlock 

I said be wary.  There are risks in playing het 

maybe you can add a junior seau pic in your next post 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

He’s been cleared from the concussion and it’s a turf toe/pinched nerve now anyways.  

I doubt he will get hit much tbh unless he rolls out.  

Edited by Teddy KGB

15 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Exactly, some how people are missing the front of his facemask hitting the ground (ie; an immovable object).  

I've been assured that his head doesn't hit the ground and its entirely possible for that to happen.  The video footage shows that his head was accelerating toward the ground until it stopped mere millimeters from the turf and then his whole body and head then popped a foot into the air.  

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I was sad to see a great player play too long and end his career that way. 

and @Teddy KGB

don’t be a troll. 

The way you said it comes off as a threat IMO.  I remember it as well.  Posting something like "I remember Montana's last game, it was sad, I hope Mahomes is smart about preserving his career" is a lot different than posting a picture of a seriously concussed Chiefs QB with the caption "Be Wary".

Edited by Captain Caveman
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

The way you said it comes off as a threat IMO.  I remember it as well.  Posting something like "I remember Montana's last game, it was sad, I hope Mahomes is smart about preserving his career" is a lot different than posting a picture of a seriously concussed Chiefs QB with the caption "Be Wary".

what you assumed was wrong

When have I ever said crap about Mahomes?

Go back and read the edit 

I expound to eliminate poor assumptions

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

44 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

no ***** Sherlock 

I said be wary.  There are risks in playing with these injuries 

I agree, concussions are too serious to be taken lightly.

Best to just squish him like Siragusa did to Gannon. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

what you assumed was wrong

When have I ever said crap about Mahomes?

Go back and read the edit 

I expound to eliminate poor assumptions

I didn't assume anything - I'm telling you that it reads a certain way.  I'm not gonna argue anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

maybe you can add a junior seau pic in your next post 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

He’s been cleared from the concussion and it’s a turf toe/pinched nerve now anyways.  

I doubt he will get hit much tbh unless he rolls out.  

Link please?  As of yesterday Mahimes still in protocol per Bieniemy & Reid pressers

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Link please?  As of yesterday Mahimes still in protocol per Bieniemy & Reid pressers

That’s what the boys at the poker hall said.     No link.    Maybe it’s fake news, I assumed they were bringing facts. 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Eyeroll 1

21 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

The way his body reacted was down right scary.  It didnt look like something, concussion or not, that your body recovers from in a week.  That said, these athletes get the absolute best care in the world.  

That is actually not true, like at all, and is true across most of the sport. I could go on a long diatribe, but the easiest way to explain the physiologists and medical care in the NFL is to watch any clips of NFL players in the weight room. Football players are big and strong, and notoriously terrible technical weight lifters. And that is how American Football is approached, just do more, rub some dirt on it, tape it up, give a shot, then do some more. Football in the US has the most money, but they  don't provide the best care. 

US Ski and Snowboard get some of the best doctors in the country. Great Britain and Australia have the best physiology programs in the world. There are a handful of other European programs that do really well. 

Mahomes, Allen, Tre, etc. coming back to play professional football 7 days from a concussion isn't actually a feather in the cap for healthcare in the NFL, it is a giant scar. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

That is actually not true, like at all, and is true across most of the sport. I could go on a long diatribe, but the easiest way to explain the physiologists and medical care in the NFL is to watch any clips of NFL players in the weight room. Football players are big and strong, and notoriously terrible technical weight lifters. And that is how American Football is approached, just do more, rub some dirt on it, tape it up, give a shot, then do some more. Football in the US has the most money, but they  don't provide the best care.

There's a reason that players fought for the right to get an independent second medical opinion, and it's not because they felt the team provides the best medical care and has their interests at heart, to be sure.  Dr David Chao remaining the San Diego Chargers team physician after two malpractice liabilities and a DEA investigation, Washington Football Team with Trent Williams and the "cyst" that turned out to be Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans cancer, bunches of smaller examples like John Brown being told he was weak in Arizona from Sickle Cell Trait when he had a cyst on his spine, Cole Beasley has talked about problems with the Cowboys medical staff...

Still I'm not seeing the necessary connection between "terrible technical weight lifters" (a training issue, and something that to some extent, the players gotta be motivated to fix habits they've built since middle school) and medical care.  And it's a tangled web - for the players, remaining on the team and landing a better contract depends upon being available, and being available demands being willing to play through injury.  So the team and the players are usually both pushing in the same direction, "fix me up, get me out there to play" and a doctor who won't go along with that, won't last.

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That seems to be subscription only, @YoloinOhio, care to provide a  brief summary?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There's a reason that players fought for the right to get an independent second medical opinion, and it's not because they felt the team provides the best medical care and has their interests at heart, to be sure.  Dr David Chao remaining the San Diego Chargers team physician after two malpractice liabilities and a DEA investigation, Washington Football Team with Trent Williams and the "cyst" that turned out to be Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans cancer, bunches of smaller examples like John Brown being told he was weak in Arizona from Sickle Cell Trait when he had a cyst on his spine, Cole Beasley has talked about problems with the Cowboys medical staff...

Still I'm not seeing the necessary connection between "terrible technical weight lifters" (a training issue, and something that to some extent, the players gotta be motivated to fix habits they've built since middle school) and medical care.  And it's a tangled web - for the players, remaining on the team and landing a better contract depends upon being available, and being available demands being willing to play through injury.  So the team and the players are usually both pushing in the same direction, "fix me up, get me out there to play" and a doctor who won't go along with that, won't last.

That seems to be subscription only, @YoloinOhio, care to provide a  brief summary?

Concussions aside, doctors generally don't treat injuries when it comes to sports medicine. The team doctor does not treat a torn ACL, strained hamstring, or high ankle sprain. In a lot of cases, they won't even be apart of the diagnosis, let alone recovery. A very good S&C coach should be able to manage injuries and the actual strength and conditioning. Obviously that changes as roster sizes increase, but they are not different skill sets per se.  If your athletes are lifting really poorly, you are going to have a super difficult time helping them recover from a herniated disc, etc.

Movement is at the heart of most injury and recover in the NFL, there are less broken arms and legs than their are ACL's, hamstrings pulls etc. Lifting weights would be the easiest way for the casual fan to visualize that a lot of NFL players suck at movement under tension. 

• Agree 1