Mahomes passed all tests last night, appears to be pinched nerve, not a concussion

Albany,n.y.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You saw his brain? I haven’t seen that angle 

🙄 well when your forehead accelerates into a dead stop, your brain is going to stay in motion until something stops it... but you dont seem very interested in using logic... carry on

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

the only thing we have is the footage,  and at no point does his head make any type of serious impact.

Um what? The top of his head smashes into the ground. Looked pretty painful to me. 

Exactly, some how people are missing the front of his facemask hitting the ground (ie; an immovable object).  

Assuming he clears protocol, does this change the strategy if he has a toe issue and may be gun shy?  Do you blitz more and make him hurry if he can not escape as well?  Most pundits seem to think replicate the week 6 game plan but I suspect Fraser will change it up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

Assuming he clears protocol, does this change the strategy if he has a toe issue and may be gun shy?  Do you blitz more and make him hurry if he can not escape as well?  Most pundits seem to think replicate the week 6 game plan but I suspect Fraser will change it up.

as others have pointed out blitz like heck early on, see where hes at. im not advising anything dirty, but hit him early and maybe you can shake him mentally.  see if hes willing to stand in the pocket and take a hit, or if hes going to get the ball out earlier than he wants to protect himself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

as others have pointed out blitz like heck early on, see where hes at. im not advising anything dirty, but hit him early and maybe you can shake him mentally.  see if hes willing to stand in the pocket and take a hit, or if hes going to get the ball out earlier than he wants to protect himself.

Pretty sure the last thing you want to do to mahomes is blitz. They need to put pressure on him with 4 (easier said than done)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pretty sure the last thing you want to do to mahomes is blitz. They need to put pressure on him with 4 (easier said than done)

I think you blitz early and often to get a feel with his limitations.  Regardless of what kc says mahomes has to feel like trash, add in the foot he couldn't put weight on and I think he's going to struggle atleast some. I just can't see him feeling comfortable hanging in the pocket no matter how tough he is. I could be wrong though

13 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I think you blitz early and often to get a feel with his limitations.  Regardless of what kc says mahomes has to feel like trash, add in the foot he couldn't put weight on and I think he's going to struggle atleast some. I just can't see him feeling comfortable hanging in the pocket no matter how tough he is. I could be wrong though

I agree you want to do what you usually don't.......get Mahomes moving out of the pocket and hopefully put him on his back a few times early.......and see if he is up to the task.    New England did it pretty well in the first half of the 2018 AFC title game and got ahead early.    If he's not at his best I'd like my chances with him playing from behind a lot better than in that game though.

1-2 ,Hughes is coming for you

3-4 , sack you by your Shoe

5-6 , Addison got Next 

7-8, Sack u standing up straight.

9-10 - Then they'll do it again

You can throw Kelce the Rock 

We gonna beat your a$$ Whether you healthy or Not!

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Even if they don’t hit him,

make him run with that turf toe.  

I’m pretty sure his mobility will be tested right of the bat McD/Frazier will have a plan for that , flash him out of the pocket early and see if he can move 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 2

I’d be sending Poyer on the blitz from play 2 forward (they will run play one).  Poyer is the guy who will get there and he will lay him out.  If he gets up and plays well, good. If that’s the end of him for the game, sorry, but it increases our odds of winning.  You know they are coming for any weakness, gotta go for theirs.

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sure, maybe in a game where there isn't questions about his health.

If you don't blitz the first two to three plays to see how he reacts, that would be, IMO, dumb.

• Like (+1) 1

I noticed last week that the Bills tended to let up on the sideline when Lamar scrambled. The Ravens on the other hand shoved Allen every chance they got. I’ll be interested to see how the Bills handle Patrick. Nothing dirty...but definitely don’t let up or back off while he’s still in the field of play.