Mahomes passed all tests last night, appears to be pinched nerve, not a concussion

Albany,n.y.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'm not sure that matters, though. It comes down to getting back to your baseline stats. And Allen is a tough SOB.

It absolutely matters. To me, it clearly shows PM's was more severe, in which case would likely take more time to recover

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

It absolutely matters. To me, it clearly shows PM's was more severe, in which case would likely take more time to recover

That's not how the brain works. Each concussion is completely unique and cannot be compared to each other.

And regardless, Mahomes may have ALSO have the pinched nerve thing contributing to everything.

And even if it was more severe, that doesn't mean that he can't recover quickly from it. Each recovery is different.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

That's not how the brain works. Each concussion is completely unique and cannot be compared to each other.

And regardless, Mahomes may have ALSO have the pinched nerve thing contributing to everything.

And even if it was more severe, that doesn't mean that he can't recover quickly from it. Each recovery is different.

Well, I'm no brain expert and I'm quite sure your'e not either. In any case I agree they are all different, however if I see 2 players that get "concussed" and one gets up on his on and runs off the field with no assistance and the other can't stand without support and needed to be held up, I would certainly think that player that couldn't stand would be a lot less likely to play the following week than the other.

That's just me though I will have to disagree

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Well, I'm no brain expert and I'm quite sure your'e not either. In any case I agree they are all different, however if I see 2 players that get "concussed" and one gets up on his on and runs off the field with no assistance and the other can't stand without support and needed to be held up, I would certainly think that player that couldn't stand would be a lot less likely to play the following week than the other.

That's just me though I will have to disagree

That may be true or it may not. Regardless, Mahomes is in Stage 4 because he practiced Wednesday. So in this instance he has been on the same trajectory as Allen was with his concussion. And Tre White when he entered the protocol after getting elbow dropped by Gronk a few years ago. Tre played the next game.

I'm personally not sure why some people are thinking this is a conspiracy. Players get through the protocol in one week all the time. Many don't, for sure, but many do.

• Like (+1) 1

He undoubtedly has a concussion. 
This choke hold, pinched nerve only is nonsense. He possibly could have a spinal cord injury.

He also might have whiplash along with a concussion.

Note, when I watched the replay a few times, after he stands up he grabs the upper right pectoral muscle, then taps it. As though it burned or in pain.

Watching him jogging in practice you can also see him twisting, stretching his neck muscles as though attempting to alleviate tension or pain.

I believe he’s going to have issues this Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, dlonce said:

This choke hold, pinched nerve only is nonsense. He possibly could have a spinal cord injury.

Note, when I watched the replay a few times, after he stands up he grabs the upper right pectoral muscle, then taps it. As though it burned or in pain.

Watching him jogging in practice you can also see him twisting, stretching his neck muscles as though attempting to alleviate tension or pain.

I believe he’s going to have issues this Sunday. 

The way his body reacted was down right scary.  It didnt look like something, concussion or not, that your body recovers from in a week.  That said, these athletes get the absolute best care in the world.  

3 minutes ago, dlonce said:

I believe he’s going to have issues this 

Come on Jerry, slam Pat to the ground hard! 🤣

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

thats fine,  entitled to your opinion,  but thats all it is,  an opinion.   no science to back up your theory either.   you have as much info as i do.  none.

the only thing we have is the footage,  and at no point does his head make any type of serious impact.

The front of his head smashes into the turf. Brain smashes into the front of his skull. Watch the end of the play again

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

The way his body reacted was down right scary.  It didnt look like something, concussion or not, that your body recovers from in a week.  That said, these athletes get the absolute best care in the world.  

I really hope they did an MRI on him.

Ive heard no news of such an occurrence.

3 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

thats fine,  entitled to your opinion,  but thats all it is,  an opinion.   no science to back up your theory either.   you have as much info as i do.  none.

the only thing we have is the footage,  and at no point does his head make any type of serious impact.

Look again.