Mahomes passed all tests last night, appears to be pinched nerve, not a concussion

Albany,n.y.

I suspect Mahomes will be cleared to play although will go into the game as the Chiefs backup IMO. No way the young signal caller will be playing at 100 %, 80 If hes lucky. Andy Reid will make a determination when and If he plays by how the game goes IMO. Pure speculation on my part.

Mahomes will play. We all know that. We all knew that as soon as he couldn't stand on his own two feet. We knew that when we saw him go into the blue tent the first time for what I think is turf toe. But I seriously think the Chiefs should be thinking about sitting him.

KC just gave this guy a 1/2 billion dollars, committing to him for a full decade. Whatever it was that caused him to be so dizzy that he couldn't stand, it is dangerous. And it certainly increases the chances of sustaining a more serious injury this coming Sunday. To be clear, I hope he is OK and never gets injured again. But the truth of the matter is KC could be putting him in serious jeopardy of a career-shortening injury by playing him so soon after that. KC needs to realize they have to pay him all that money even if he goes out, gets his clock rung and cannot play anymore.

Protect your investment, Andy Reid!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, scribo said:

Mahomes will play. We all know that. We all knew that as soon as he couldn't stand on his own two feet. We knew that when we saw him go into the blue tent the first time for what I think is turf toe. But I seriously think the Chiefs should be thinking about sitting him.

KC just gave this guy a 1/2 billion dollars, committing to him for a full decade. Whatever it was that caused him to be so dizzy that he couldn't stand, it is dangerous. And it certainly increases the chances of sustaining a more serious injury this coming Sunday. To be clear, I hope he is OK and never gets injured again. But the truth of the matter is KC could be putting him in serious jeopardy of a career-shortening injury by playing him so soon after that. KC needs to realize they have to pay him all that money even if he goes out, gets his clock rung and cannot play anymore.

I guess I was mistaken - I thought an independent medical professional had to clear him to play and it was not Reid's decision. 

I believe he will play but also believe the Chiefs will not make the medical decision.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I guess I was mistaken - I thought an independent medical professional had to clear him to play and it was not Reid's decision. 

I believe he will play but also believe the Chiefs will not make the medical decision.

One wonders how many times this has to be said... 🙄

Also, the thread title is misleading.  :beer:

21 minutes ago, scribo said:

Well thing is, we don't know that for sure. I mean due to it being the AFC Champion Ship game we assume the chances are he will. The fact is, we don't know for a fact yet.

2 minutes ago, benderbender said:

There is absolutely no way the NFL is going to let Mahomes miss this game. If for ratings alone, he will get rubber stamped.

Would the league put him in jeopardy for ratings? Or possibly a major lawsuit from him if he gets even more injured for playing when he shouldn't have? There's a reason they put these protocol in place for both their and the player's protection. Fact is if he doesn't pass them he isn't playing Sunday, simple as that. No player how good they are is above the league as we saw with Brady getting suspended. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

Just now, scribo said:

Seems some of you have more faith in the objectivity of these NFL-paid doctors than I do. Fair enough. But I've learned that when billion$ are at $take, objectivity often is a farce.

I get it, I mean there's a very good chance he will play. Just saying that we don't know what the issues are behind the scenes and therefor we don't know for a fact yet. Even then, when Reid gets the yay or nay, I believe he keeps it close to his vest til the last possible minute.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Would the league put him in jeopardy for ratings? Or possibly a major lawsuit from him if he gets even more injured for playing when he shouldn't have? There's a reason they put these protocol in place for both their and the player's protection. Fact is if he doesn't pass them he isn't playing Sunday, simple as that. No player how good they are is above the league as we saw with Brady getting suspended. 

Not only that, I think the NFL would love to be able to say, "See...we care about player safety....We even put the biggest player in the sport on the shelf."  NFL is in for the long game...one game is not worth it.  Could you imagine if Mahomes becomes the next RGIII?  He was rushed into a playoff game and was never the same.  That's the last thing the NFL wants.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, fergie's ire said:

Not only that, I think the NFL would love to be able to say, "See...we care about player safety....We even put the biggest player in the sport on the shelf."  NFL is in for the long game...one game is not worth it.  Could you imagine if Mahomes becomes the next RGIII?  He was rushed into a playoff game and was never the same.  That's the last thing the NFL wants.

I could very well see that happening also. I agree