Mahomes passed all tests last night, appears to be pinched nerve, not a concussion

Albany,n.y.

1 hour ago, Returntoglory said:

God forbid anyone on KC puts up a smokescreen right now regarding Mahomey  🙄

Yup, exactly. Andy Reid is going to keep it close to the vest about whether or not PM plays. Even if Reid gets word by Wednesday you can best believe he won't let it out til Saturday. Unless there is a leak that comes out of KC somewhere.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yup, exactly. Andy Reid is going to keep it close to the vest about whether or not PM plays. Even if Reid gets word by Wednesday you can best believe he won't let it out til Saturday. Unless there is a leak that comes out of KC somewhere.

The injury report will let us know. He can’t just practice in 48 hours and then secretly be the starter on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

There are baseline tests he has already taken before the season started that they compare him to. Until he does as well as those he will not be allowed to play.

So are the baselines like some type of bran scans or something that is actual hard data that isn't up to a person to tell you what you want to hear?

The one thing I read last night talked about symptom free, and headache free all things that a person could just give the answer they want you to hear.  Where as if it was some type of brain scans are the baseline, that would be hard to fake out.

I have no idea so just trying to understand what is required.

15 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I bet the Bills are preparing like Mahomes will be healthy so this doesn't matter to anyone but... Well, us lol

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

This is a picture of my spinal cord. My foramen have been sawed off and cadaver bone is about to be placed in their stead. Prior to the surgery I seriously did not want to live, my pain was so extreme. 

I’m not a professional football player and have never been. I did, however, serve and took a serious beating. What I IMMEDIATELY saw when Mahomes tried to get up was a human being in distress. Seriously injured. Anyone who watched could see it. 

I wish him absolutely nothing but the best but truly pray that he (and every professional athlete) thinks about the long term ramifications. As I now tell my kids, “What you do now will echo throughout the rest of your life.” He is clearly in danger. 

I tried to attach a pic of my recent x-ray but it wouldn’t let me. 

078C78BC-9E4D-476C-806B-F3523ED00712.jpeg

• Vomit 2
  • Shocked 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

This is a picture of my spinal cord. My foramen have been sawed off and cadaver bone is about to be placed in their stead. Prior to the surgery I seriously did not want to live, my pain was so extreme. 

I’m not a professional football player and have never been. I did, however, serve and took a serious beating. What I IMMEDIATELY saw when Mahomes tried to get up was a human being in distress. Seriously injured. Anyone who watched could see it. 

I wish him absolutely nothing but the best but truly pray that he (and every professional athlete) thinks about the long term ramifications. As I now tell my kids, “What you do now will echo throughout the rest of your life.” He is clearly in danger. 

My sympathy for what you went through but they showed Mahomes running back into the locker room. Do you really think he's seriously injured or just got a neck stinger of some sort ? 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

You guys remember Allen's rookie year when Derek Anderson got a concussion in the Monday night game against the Patriots? He never hit his head, just got pushed to the ground and was in the protocol for like 5 weeks. Not saying Mahomes is the same thing, but apparently it's possible to be concussed without hitting your head 

Edit : I found it on YouTube. Granted Anderson is older than Mahomes, but this caused a concussion and this looks like nothing 

His head snaps forward very quickly as of the initial hit. It does look like less when he hits the ground because he had his hands up, but it is hard to judge that part. Maybe he got concussed on the initial hit, rather than the impact with the ground.

8 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Welp, that can’t possibly be within the code of conduct for the board....

*vomits profusely*

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

My sympathy for what you went through but they showed Mahomes running back into the locker room. Do you really think he's seriously injured or just got a neck stinger of some sort ? 

No sympathy needed! I do, however, know about spinal chord issues. 

I pushed through all that caused my long term damage on adrenaline. It was COLOSSALLY stupid (in retrospect). We HAVE to listen to our bodies, even as professional athletes, soldiers, sailors or airmen. If we don’t, stand by. 

I worked through all of my pain...and it got me where I am now: some dead persons bone in my spine, two neurosurgeries and dozens of ‘procedures’. 

Mahomes was very much injured during the game. Will it show on Sunday? Perhaps not. But he is injured...and I suspect it will come home to roost. 

Just now, whatdrought said:

Welp, that can’t possibly be within the code of conduct for the board....

*vomits profusely*

Apologies, brother. 

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Mango said:

The injury report will let us know. He can’t just practice in 48 hours and then secretly be the starter on Sunday. 

Injury report usually comes out the day before right, regarding which players are active? Or at least who is active. Which would be Saturday. You don't have to practice to play on gameday.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

3 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

No sympathy needed! I do, however, know about spinal chord issues. 

I pushed through all that caused my long term damage on adrenaline. It was COLOSSALLY stupid (in retrospect). We HAVE to listen to our bodies, even as professional athletes, soldiers, sailors or airmen. If we don’t, stand by. 

I worked through all of my pain...and it got me where I am now: some dead persons bone in my spine, two neurosurgeries and dozens of ‘procedures’. 

Mahomes was very much injured during the game. Will it show on Sunday? Perhaps not. But he is injured...and I suspect it will come home to roost. 

Apologies, brother. 

lol, I’m just squeamish. 😜 

Just now, whatdrought said:

lol, I’m just squeamish. 😜 

Again, apologies! My family almost yacks when it comes up on my AppleTV 😃 

I asked my neurosurgeon to take the pictures as I find it interesting. Have pictures of the inside of my spine, knee, abdomen...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, TroutDog said:

Again, apologies! My family almost yacks when it comes up on my AppleTV 😃 

I asked my neurosurgeon to take the pictures as I find it interesting. Have pictures of the inside of my spine, knee, abdomen...

My wife found it quite interesting. 

• Haha (+1) 1

The chiefs are playing this a bit coy don’t y’all think?

Yesterday it was s concussion, now it isn’t, and now he could have come back into the game?

I don’t think so. That was a concussion. We all saw him staggering. A nerve injury in the spinal cord would cause paralysis if anything, not a concussion. 

I will be a bit surprised if he plays 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mango said:

I pinched my ulnar nerve sleeping once. I lost almost complete use of my entire right hand, and totally lost all feeling and motor skills in my middle, ring, and pinky finger. It took months to get it all back. Which was especially frustrating as a righty. 

I have the same issue that happens intermittently, it’s the worst feeling. How did you get it to stop flaring up?

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I’m not a professional football player and have never been. I did, however, serve and took a serious beating.

Double thanks for...well, you know.

I honestly hate it when people say this to me, so I hope you don't take offense. But, in this case, a "thanks" looks well deserved brother.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

I have the same issue that happens intermittently, it’s the worst feeling. How did you get it to stop flaring up?

Stretches, I would do them at my desk at work a couple times per day. It still took me a few months to get full mobility back. But strength took a lot of time after that.